Basic Information About Bill Skarsgård
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1990-08-09 (33 years old)|
|Place of birth||Vällingby|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Large green eyes|
Small scar on cheek
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.92 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Bill Skarsgård win?
Bill Skarsgård roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|The Devil All the Time||Willard|
|It Chapter Two||Pennywise|
|Deadpool 2||Zeitgeist (as Bill Skarsgard)|
|Castle Rock||The Kid 12 episodes, 2018-2019|
|Soulmates||Mateo 1 episode, 2020|
|Hemlock Grove||Roman Godfrey 33 episodes, 2013-2015|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 2 episodes, 2017-2020|
|The Late Show with Stephen Colbert||Self 1 episode, 2019|
|Conan||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2017|
Bill Skarsgård's Quotes
- I have three older brothers, and each one of them has chosen one of my parents education. Two of them are actors, and the third is a doctor as my mother is. I wasn't sure of what i wanted to do, until Arn.
- [on succeeding Tim Curry as Pennywise] Tim Curry's performance was truly great, but it's important for me to do something different because of that. I'll never be able to make a Tim Curry performance as good as Tim Curry.
- A lot of people ask how actors learn their lines. It's a very mechanical thing that anyone can do really. It's all about repetition. The job as an actor is about blowing life into the text and finding pauses. That's the exciting part, how to act and approach different parts.
- Part of being an actor is having the face for the role, right? There's always some extent of luck going into getting a job. I try not to think too much about my own looks or how I work. There's a danger in becoming too self-aware.
- I've always been a night person. There's a sense of virtue attached to getting up in the morning and doing things and starting the day, and I always felt bad for not being that person. But as I've gotten a bit older, now I'm completely okay with it. That's just who I am.
Bill Skarsgård: The Swedish Actor Taking Hollywood by Storm
Bill Skarsgård, a Swedish actor and model, has quickly become a household name since making his debut in the film industry. Born on August 9, 199, in Vällingby, Sweden, Skarsgård comes from a family of actors. His father, Stellan Skarsgård, is an established actor who has achieved great success on the international stage. His mother, My Skarsgård, is a Swedish physician. Skarsgård is one of eight children, with several of his siblings also pursuing careers in acting.
Net Worth Details
According to celebritynetworth.com, Bill Skarsgård has an estimated net worth of $5 million. He has appeared in a number of highly acclaimed drama and horror films and television shows such as ‘It,’ ‘The Divergent Series,’ ‘Castle Rock,’ and ‘Hemlock Grove.’
Early Life and Education
Skarsgård grew up with a strong passion for acting and was inspired by his family’s involvement in the film industry from an early age. He began to pursue his acting career at the age of ten with a small role in the Swedish film ‘White Water Fury,’ starring his brother Alexander.
Skarsgård attended school in Sweden until he was 16 years old. Afterward, he decided to move to New York to study theatre at a college before leaving the school the following year and subsequently focusing his career on acting.
Skarsgård gained critical acclaim for his performance in the Swedish film ‘Simple Simon’ in 201, earning a nomination for a Guldbagge Award. He then went on to appear in various films and TV shows, including the 2013 Netflix original series ‘Hemlock Grove,’ where he played the lead role of Roman Godfrey. In 2016, he starred in his first major American film role as Matthew in ‘The Divergent Series: Allegiant.’
However, it was Skarsgård’s portrayal of Pennywise the Clown in the film adaptation of Stephen King’s ‘It’ that brought Skarsgård mainstream recognition and critical acclaim. He reprised his role in the 2019 sequel, ‘It Chapter Two.’
In addition to his film work, Skarsgård has also appeared in a few TV shows, including Stephen King inspired show ‘Castle Rock,’ which marked his debut in episodic television work. Other notable roles include ‘Assassination Nation,’ ‘Villains,’ and ‘Deadpool 2.’
Skarsgård has been in a long-term relationship with Swedish actress Alida Morberg since 2016. The couple welcomed their daughter in October 2018.
Skarsgård has won numerous awards and nominations throughout his career. He won the European Film Academy Shoot Stars Award in 2012. In 2017, in recognition of his performance as Pennywise the Clown in ‘It,’ he was nominated for a Best Villain category at the Seattle Film Critics Awards and won Best Supporting Actor at the Fright Meter Awards. He was also nominated for various awards for his performance as Pennywise in the film’s sequel, including at the Saturn Awards, MTV Movie Awards, and Teen Choice Awards.
Despite being only 31 years old, Skarsgård has made a significant impact in the acting world. An extensive line-up of projects and work that are in the pipeline, his future in the industry looks very bright. As his performances have proved, he is an actor who fully immerses himself in a role and delivers an incredible performance every time.
Interesting Facts about Bill Skarsgård
- Son of Stellan Skarsgård and My Skarsgård.
- Brother of Alexander Skarsgård, Gustaf Skarsgård, Sam Skarsgård, Eija Skarsgård and Valter Skarsgård.
- Although he is 6' 3½", very tall by any standard, he is the shortest of his siblings as his brother Gustaf is an inch taller and both Alexander and Sam are two inches taller.