Basic Information About Burn Gorman
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1974-09-01 (49 years old)|
|Place of birth||Hollywood|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Often plays cold, devious characters|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Burn Gorman win?
Burn Gorman roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|The Dark Knight Rises||Stryver|
|Pacific Rim: Uprising||Hermann Gottlieb|
|In a Valley of Violence||Priest|
|Johnny English Reborn||Slater|
|Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day||Mr. Brand|
|Red Lights||Benedict Cohen|
|Vores mand i Amerika||Berle|
|The Expanse||Adolphus Murtry 10 episodes, 2019|
|It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia||Scientist 1 episode, 2013|
|TURN||Major Hewlett 36 episodes, 2014-2017|
|Agatha Christie's Marple||Jacko Argyle 1 episode, 2007|
|Forever||Adam 5 episodes, 2014-2015|
|The Man in the High Castle||The Marshal 2 episodes, 2015|
|Torchwood||Owen Harper 26 episodes, 2006-2008|
|Lucky Man||Doug 3 episodes, 2016|
|Dalziel and Pascoe||Jerry Hart 2 episodes, 2006|
|Jamestown||Nicholas Farlow 15 episodes, 2017-2019|
|The Hour||Thomas Kish 4 episodes, 2011|
|Casualty||Geoff Simpson 1 episode, 2000|
|Lark Rise to Candleford||Reverend Marley 1 episode, 2011|
|Coronation Street||Ben Andrews 16 episodes, 1998|
Burn Gorman's Quotes
- (On why he is an actor): I've learnt something new everyday. When you get to the point that you're not learning, you need to stop. I think and either take a break, or give up and become a plumber or something because it's important to remain motivated and driven.
- [on his reaction to his character Owen in Torchwood] I've always wanted to be the Weevil King!
- I'm afraid the Doctor Who (2005) door is probably closed because of me being in Torchwood (2006).
- I always look up to people like Michael Gambon and Tommy Lee Jones, and I hope that as I mature I will become as craggy as them.
- The cliches are all true! My son Max has just turned two, and he's literally turned into this driven young man overnight! The terrible twos are not a myth, but he's such a laugh to be around.
Burn Gorman: From Coronation Street to Hollywood
Burn Gorman is a familiar face to many film and television lovers. The talented Burn Gorman has had an illustrious acting career, and his real value goes beyond his net worth of $3 million.
Early Life and Education
Born in Hollywood, California in 1974, Burn Gorman received his training at Manchester’s Metropolitan University’s School of Theatre, graduating in 1998. As commonplace for many actors, he started his career in regional theater before moving on to greater heights.
Gorman made his debut on Coronation Street as Ben Andrews in 1998, but it was his leading role as the ethereal Hans Gruber in the stage production of Bruce Norris’s play Ghost that first lit the fire on his acting potential. His most popular movies include Pacific Rim and The Dark Knight Rises.
He also delivered an outstanding performance as Lieutenant Frederick Hewlett in the hit TV series Turn: Washington’s Spies (2014-2017) and played Karl Tanner in Game of Thrones (2013). Moreover, his appearance in other series like Forever, The Hour, and The Man in the High Castle proved that he can shine in various roles.
Gorman appeared opposite Denzel Washington and Natalie Portman in the poignant film Low Down, which premiered at Sundance 2014.
Burn Gorman- Talent Beyond Acting
In addition to his exceptional acting ability, Burn Gorman is quite adventurous with life. Besides performing, Burn Gorman is also renowned for being a beatboxer. That’s how he gained instant attention in 2003 as part of the BBC radio show 1Xtra’s Human Beatbox Championship. In addition to his beatboxing expertise, he is also a trained musician who can play the saxophone and sing beautifully.
Awards and Achievements
Burn Gorman’s excellent acting and beatbox skills have earned him various nominations. Among his most significant awards are Screen Actors Guild Awards for his performance in Ford v Ferrari in 2019.
He has been deservedly praised for his expertise and his unique ability to create all kinds of sound effects that are appreciated by fans who get excited by making their beloved TV shows more engaging. He’s one actor who has built up a fascinating and respectable career, is great with fans, lends his major support for multiple causes, and takes his life just seriously enough to keep things going strong.
It’s always exciting to see an older actor who’s still so passionate about his work. Burn Gorman is continually adding an impressive lineup of roles to his resume and delivering beyond the expectations of his fans. His multi-skilled ability makes him a fascinating persona of endless possibilities. We shall eagerly wait for his upcoming project, which will without a doubt be another great role.
Interesting Facts about Burn Gorman
- Born Hollywood, USA to British parents, but spent most of his years growing up in the UK.
- Father was a professor of linguistics at UCLA.
- Was featured in Esquire magazine's "Hot British Actors for 2008" March issue.
- Playing Bill Sikes in "Oliver" in the West End for which he was nominated for a What'sOnStage award. [January 2009]
- Burn appeared on the cover of Torchwood Magazine Issue 3. 
- Burn has collaborated on visuals, videos and voiceovers with artists such as The Streets, Decknology and Drool Skool.
- Burn's nickname on the Torchwood set is "Binnie". His nicknames when he was doing music were "Burn Baby Burn" and "Beatbox Burn".
- Burn did a recording of the Torchwood audio novel Everybody Says Hello. 
- Burn was featured in Esquire magazine for "Hot British Actors for 2008" March issue. 
- Burn did a recording for the audiobook The Debt for BMW audiobooks. 
- His theatre credits include productions such as Ladybird at the Royal Court and Gong Dogs at the Bush theatre.
- Burn was Radio 1Xtra's Human Beatbox Champion and performed at the 2003 International Human Beatbox Convention.
- For his work at Manchester's Royal Exchange Studio and Library and Contact Theatre, Burn was nominated for a Manchester Evening News Best Newcomer Award.
- Burn recorded an audio version of the Torchwood novel Slow Decay. 
- Interview with Starpulse magazine, Burn admitted he was a big fan of science-fiction. 
- Burn appeared in the play Flush at the Soho Theatre Company. 
- The only regular member of the Torchwood team not to appear in the parent show Doctor Who.
- His parents led an alternative lifestyle and from age 8 Burn was raised in a commune after they sold all their belongings and family house.