Basic Information About Catherine Deneuve
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Model, Designer, Entrepreneur, Singer, Film Producer|
|Date of birth||1943-10-22 (80 years old)|
|Place of birth||Paris|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Long, thick mane of blonde hair and an ever-present cigarette in her hand|
Often co-stars with Gérard Depardieu
|Spouse||David Bailey - (18 August 1965 - 6 January 1970) (divorced)|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Catherine Deneuve win?
Catherine Deneuve awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Bambi - Film - International||Winner||Dancer in the Dark||2001|
|BAFTA Film Award - Best Actress||Nominee||Belle de jour||1969|
|Audience Award - Best Actress||Winner||Belle de jour||1967|
|Halfway Award - Best Actress||Nominee||La vérité||2020|
|NYFCC Award - Best Actress||Nominee||Repulsion||1965|
|ACCA - Best Actress in a Leading Role||Nominee||Indochine||1992|
|César - Best Actress (Meilleure actrice)||Winner||Indochine||1993|
|European Film Award - European Actress||Winner||8 femmes||2002|
|Yoga Award - Worst Foreign Actress||Winner||8 femmes||2003|
Catherine Deneuve roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Dancer in the Dark||Kathy|
|Belle de jour||Séverine Serizy / Belle de Jour|
|La vérité||Fabienne Dangeville|
|Les parapluies de Cherbourg||Geneviève Emery|
|Le tout nouveau testament||Martine|
|Nip/Tuck||Diana Lubey 1 episode, 2006|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self - Guest 1 episode, 1992|
Catherine Deneuve's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|Place Vendôme (1998)||480.000 euros|
|Le vent de la nuit (1999)||381.000 euros|
|Belle maman (1999)||610,000 euros|
|Pola X (1999)||274.000 euros|
|Le temps retrouvé, d'après l'oeuvre de Marcel Proust (1999)||305,000 euros|
|Est - Ouest (1999)||274.000 euros|
|8 femmes (2002)||457,000 euros + 9% of the gross|
|Nip/Tuck (2003)||$40 .000|
|Princesse Marie (2004)||610.000 euros|
|Le Concile de Pierre (2006)||215,000 euros|
|L'Homme Qui Voulait Vivre sa Vie (2010)||€250,000|
|Les yeux de sa mère (2011)||€300,000|
|Les bien-aimés (2011)||€300,000|
|Astérix & Obélix: Au service de sa Majesté (2012)||€300 000|
|Elle s'en va (2013)||€300 000|
Catherine Deneuve's Quotes
- People who know me know I'm strong, but I'm vulnerable.
- I'm lucky. I'm getting older with some directors who are getting older.
- I don't see any reason for marriage when there is divorce.
- To work is a noble art.
- A star remains pinned on a wall in the public imagination.
Catherine Deneuve: A Legendary Talent and Style Icon
Catherine Deneuve is a remarkable French actress, singer, and model. Born in Paris on October 22, 1943, she had an illustrious career that spanned over five decades. Deneuve’s remarkable talent and magnetic personality earned her recognition as one of the greatest European actresses in cinema. Her enigmatic roles in films like ‘Repulsion’ and ‘Belle de jour’ cemented her reputation as an actress who could masterfully encapsulate emotions and nuances with ease.
Early Life and Education
Deneuve was born into an artistic family. Her parents, Maurice Dorleac and Renee Simonot, were both accomplished stage actors in France. Deneuve started acting at a young age of 13, making her debut in the film ‘Les Collegiennes’ in 1957. Her natural talent was recognized early on, and she went on to become one of France’s most celebrated actresses.
Deneuve’s ascent to stardom began with her portrayal of Genevieve Emery in the movie ‘Les Parapluies de Cherbourg.’ Her performance earned her widespread acclaim as well as a BAFTA Award for Best Actress. Deneuve cemented her position as a sought-after actress with her haunting role in Roman Polanski’s ‘Repulsion,’ showcasing her versatility as an actress.
Deneuve’s more notable roles included ‘The Last Metro,’ which earned her the César Award for Best Actress, and ‘The Hunger,’ where she played a Manhattan vampire and bisexual. She won her second César Award for Best Actress and received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress for her performance in 1992’s ‘Indochine.’
Outside the film world, Deneuve’s activism, artistry, and sophisticated beauty have attracted attention. She is a UNICEF goodwill ambassador and supports numerous charity organizations.
What Is Catherine Deneuve’s Net Worth and Salary?
Catherine Deneuve’s net worth is estimated to be around $75 million. Her illustrious career as an actress, model, and singer has been decorated with numerous awards, including accolades at Cannes, BAFTA, and César Awards. Her popularity and artistic versatility, combined with her business savvy, undoubtedly contribute to her substantial net worth.
Awards and Achievements
Deneuve’s skills as an actress have been recognized by several awards at the Academy Awards, BAFTA, César Awards, and Cannes Film Festival. Her talent, grace, and timeless elegance have earned her the distinction of being a style icon globally. She was recognized as one of the 25 Greatest Actors of the 21st Century by ‘The New York Times’ in 202. Aside from her extensive list of achievements in acting, Deneuve’s image was also used as the national symbol for France, known as Marianne.
Modeling and Endorsements
In addition to her acting career, Catherine Deneuve had a successful modeling career. She has graced the covers of multiple magazines like Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar and had appeared in various advertising campaigns throughout her prolific career, including Chanel’s iconic perfume with their famous No.5.
Deneuve established herself as a muse for fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent, appearing in designs for his collections regularly. She remains an inspiration as a style icon to this day.
Catherine Deneuve’s personal life has often garnered public interest. Deneuve was married only once, in the early ’60s, and gave birth to a son a year after her marriage. She was in several relationships with notable personalities in the film industry but never settled down or remarried.
Catherine Deneuve embodies the ideal of French elegance and poise. A legend in the film industry, she has been widely recognized for her remarkable talent and stunning beauty. She continues to inspire generations of aspiring actresses and fashion enthusiasts worldwide. Deneuve’s brilliance still shines today as an actress, a fashion muse, and a polished icon of French culture -ultimately an evergreen shining star of La Belle France.
Interesting Facts about Catherine Deneuve
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#38). 
- An archetype for Gallic beauty, her image was used to represent Marianne, the national symbol of France, from 1985 to 1989.
- Ranked #89 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Has a son by Roger Vadim: Christian Vadim (b. 18 June 1963).
- Has a daughter by Marcello Mastroianni: Chiara Mastroianni (b. 28 May 1972).
- Catherine is the is the second of three daughters born to the French actors Maurice Dorléac and Renée Simonot (whose maiden name she uses). The middle sister of Françoise Dorléac and Sylvie Dorléac, the latter of whom worked as Catherine's secretary for almost four decades. Daniele Clariond Tappou is their maternal half-sister.
- She liked Breaking the Waves (1996) by Lars von Trier so much that she wrote a personal letter to him, asking him for a role in a film of his. The result of this is her part in Dancer in the Dark (2000).
- Has never performed onstage due to stage fright.
- Festival tribute at the Créteil International Women's Film Festival, France. 
- Was once fashion designer Yves Saint-Laurent's muse, who dressed her for the films Belle de Jour (1967), Heartbeat (1968), Mississippi Mermaid (1969), A Cop (1972), and The Hunger (1983).
- Launched her own fragrance, "Deneuve", in 1986. It won the FiFi Award in 1987. She also has designed glasses, shoes, jewelry, and greetings cards.
- She speaks fluent French, Italian and English as well as semi-fluent German and Spanish.
- Marilyn Monroe is her favorite actress, and The Misfits (1961) is her favorite movie starring Marilyn.
- Vice President of the Official Competition jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1994.
- Is a grandmother. She has two grandsons and three granddaughters: Igor Divetain-Vadim (b. 18 September 1987) via son Christian Vadim and ex-girlfriend Hortense Divetain; Milo Thoretton (b. 31 December 1996) via daughter Chiara Mastroianni and ex-boyfriend Pierre Thoretton; Anna Biolay (b. 22 April 2003) via daughter Chiara Mastroianni and ex-husband Benjamin Biolay; Lou (b. 4 April 2010) and Mona Plemiannikov (b. January 2012) via son Christian Vadim and ex-girlfriend Julia Livage.
- Former mother-in-law of singer Benjamin Biolay and of stylist Caroline Bufalini.
- Her role in Mississippi Mermaid (1969) was played by Angelina Jolie in Original Sin (2001), the American remake of the movie.
- Published a collection of diaries, "A l'ombre de moi-meme" (In my shadow) in which she writes about the shootings of Indochine (1992) and Dancer in the Dark (2000). 
- Sang duets with Bernadette Lafont (1975), Gérard Depardieu (1980), Malcolm McLaren (1993), Joe Cocker (1995) and Alain Souchon (1997). In 1981, she released an album with songs of Serge Gainsbourg.
- Member of the international jury of the Shanghaï Television Festival.