Basic Information About Chris Bauer
|Celebrities › Actors
|Date of birth
|1966-10-28 (57 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|Laura Bauer - (12 May 1997 - present) (2 children)
|6 ft 2 in (1.89 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Chris Bauer win?
Chris Bauer roles
|Movie / Series
|The Little Things
|Detective Sal Rizoli
|The Devil's Advocate
|Lloyd Gettys (as Christopher Bauer)
|Fools Rush In
|Flags of Our Fathers
|The Notorious Bettie Page
|A Dog's Way Home
|Snow White: A Tale of Terror
|Konrad (as Christopher Bauer)
|Harry Jannerone 1 episode, 2012
|For All Mankind
|Deke Slayton 9 episodes, 2019
|Dennis Kole 1 episode, 2018
|Frank Sobotka 12 episodes, 2003-2004
|Officer Stablitzky 1 episode, 2018
|Ted Bryar 1 episode, 2005
|Ray Galuski 2 episodes, 2007-2008
|Dennis Halsey / ... 1 episode, 2011
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
|Bill Tattenger / ... 2 episodes, 2009-2017
|Parks and Recreation
|Harold 1 episode, 2014
|Law & Order
|Homeless David / ... 3 episodes, 1992-2002
|Sheriff Gilman 1 episode, 2018
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent
|Murtaugh 1 episode, 2007
|Dan Osborne 1 episode, 2020
|Bobby Dwyer 24 episodes, 2017-2019
|Brian Dempsey 1 episode, 2009
|Goon 1 episode, 2001
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
|Detective Paul Browning 1 episode, 2007
|Doorman 1 episode, 1994
|Andy Bellefleur 81 episodes, 2008-2014
|Cory Sampson 1 episode, 2011
|Hiram Pierce 1 episode, 2006
|Jimmy Flaherty 17 episodes, 2014-2017
|Andrew Gleason 1 episode, 2008
|Life on Mars
|Father Tim 1 episode, 2008
|Masters of Horror
|Larry Pearce 1 episode, 2006
|Richie DeStefano 3 episodes, 2015
Chris Bauer's Quotes
- It's easier that the intensity is pretty consistent throughout, because you find that zone and it has to be emotionally specific and aesthetically true. Getting into it early is better than getting into it late, because I've got to carry it all the way through the whole piece.
- There's whatever that territory is in between that wanders from one person to another. It's sort of not totally in our control, and in a way I think that's the whole basis of the nature of storytelling in horror. We can sit back and safely watch these daydreams of our own being played out, and relate to it. You know, like, "That's what the monster does. That's what the boogeyman does." But it's really just purging our own fear of that, the fear within ourselves. I'm not saying I live in fear of myself, but, for example, of going crazy. That would be something that would happen from within, and I think that's frightening.
- Whenever I read about some abhorrent act of violence, maybe it's just sort of an abundance of empathy, but I've never related to things like that as, "That's what other people do." I've always felt like we're all human beings and we're all basically given the tools to make whatever choices we want to make. How we treat other people. How we treat ourselves. Just the whole philosophy of that and the philosophical logic of that is that we're all capable of great acts of evil, and we're all capable of great acts of good.
- Frank Sobotka in The Wire on HBO was one of the greatest characters I've ever played. They cut his throat at the end of that season. There's something about creative coupling that seems to go with great characters, and the fact that you can never play them again once you're done.
Who is Chris Bauer?
If you’re a fan of television, then you might be familiar with Chris Bauer. The American actor has taken on plenty of successful roles throughout his career, most notably in TV series such as “The Wire,” “Third Watch,” “True Blood,” and “Survivor’s Remorse.” Born in Los Angeles, California in October 1966, Bauer started out training at the prestigious American Academy of Dramatic Arts before honing his skills further at the Yale School of Drama. From there, he began picking up minor roles in TV series and movies before hitting the big time.
Net Worth Details
According to recent figures, Chris Bauer has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 million from his stage and screen work. This figure includes the money he has earned throughout his career from his work as an actor, as well as any other income streams he might have accumulated over the years.
What is Chris Bauer known for?
Chris Bauer is best known for his expert acting skills in Hollywood. Over the course of many years, Bauer has perfected his art and secured a place for himself in one of the most competitive industries in the world. In particular, he has shown a particular flair for appearing in gritty dramas and playing complex characters that stick with audience members long after the credits roll.
Early Life and Education
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Chris Bauer was always drawn to the idea of a career in acting. After completing high school, he took up a place at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, one of the most prestigious drama schools in the United States. From there, he went on to attend the equally prestigious Yale School of Drama, which gave him an even greater training and further prospects for the future.
Chris Bauer cut his teeth in the acting world in the late 198s, with minor roles in TV series such as “Ticket to Ride” and “Midnight Caller.” His big break came in the early 200s when he landed a role in the critically acclaimed series “The Wire.” From there, he went on to appear in a variety of movies and TV shows, but really left his mark with audiences as Andy Bellefleur in “True Blood.” Other standout roles include his performances in “The Conspirator,” “Third Watch,” “8MM,” “The Devils Advocate,” “Face/Off,” and “Flags of Our Fathers.” For each of these roles, he truly showed his range as an actor.
Bauer has won various awards throughout his career. Notably, he won a Satellite Award for his work on “True Blood” in 2009 and also scooped up nomination for a Screen Actors Guild Award around the same period. Overall, he has been widely praised for his performances and is considered by many to be one of the most talented actors of his generation.
Away from acting, Chris Bauer is a private individual and doesn’t share too much information about his personal life with the public. However, it is known that he is happily married with at least one child.
In conclusion, Chris Bauer is a talented actor with an extensive body of work and plenty of fans around the world. He has consistently delivered great performances across all his projects, cementing his status as a true master of his profession.
Interesting Facts about Chris Bauer
- Attended Yale School of Drama and is a member of Atlantic Theater company in New York.
- 1984 graduate of Miramonte High School in Orinda, California.
- Attended the University of San Diego.
- Attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena with Anthony Jensen.
- He is not related to his True Blood (2008) co-star, Kristin Bauer van Straten, who was actually born with the surname Neubauer.
- Returns for his fourth season as Fred Yokas on Third Watch (1999). [January 2004]
- Played the role of "Harold 'Mitch' Mitchell" in the Roundabout Theatre Company's revival of Tennessee Williams' "A Streetcar Named Desire". [March 2005]
- Was seen on Broadway in "A Streetcar Named Desire", with Natasha Richardson and John C. Reilly. [October 2004]