Basic Information About Chris Martin
|Category||Celebrities › Rock Stars|
|Professions||Singer, Record producer, Musician, Songwriter, Guitarist, Pianist, Singer-songwriter, Actor, Film Score Composer, Multi-instrumentalist|
|Date of birth||1977-03-02 (46 years old)|
|Place of birth||Exeter|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||When performing usually has the words 'make trade fair.com' written on his left hand or, since 2005, an equal sign ("=").|
His distinctive singing voice
|Spouse||Gwyneth Paltrow - (5 December 2003 - 14 July 2016) (divorced) (2 children)|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.86 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Chris Martin win?
Chris Martin awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|PFCS Award - Best Original Song||Nominee||Unbroken||2014|
|DFCS Award - Best Original Song||Nominee||The Hunger Games: Catching Fire||2014|
|Golden Globe - Best Original Song - Motion Picture||Nominee||The Hunger Games: Catching Fire||2014|
|Grammy - Best Song Written for Visual Media||Nominee||The Hunger Games: Catching Fire||2014|
|Hollywood Film Award - Song of the Year||Winner||The Hunger Games: Catching Fire||2013|
|HMMA Award - Best Song - Feature Film||Nominee||Wish I Was Here||2014|
|DFCS Award - Best Original Song||Nominee||Country Strong||2011|
Chris Martin roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Shaun of the Dead||Chris Martin / Zombie outside The Winchester|
|Brüno||Self - 'Dove of Peace'|
|Greed||Chris Martin (uncredited)|
|The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart||Self - Musician / Singer-Songwriter - Coldplay|
|Modern Family||Chris Martin 1 episode, 2017|
|The Simpsons||Chris Martin 1 episode, 2010|
|Saturday Night Live||Self / ... 1 episode, 2011-2020|
|Curb Your Enthusiasm||Chris Martin 1 episode, 2020|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2020|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self - Carpool Karaoke 2 episodes, 2016|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2016|
|Extras||Chris Martin 1 episode, 2006|
|Conan||Self - Musical Guest 1 episode, 2016|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2011|
|The One Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2011|
Chris Martin's Quotes
- Awards are essentially nonsense, but we're all going to die when George Bush (George W. Bush) has his way - it's good to go out with a bang.
- People like Richard Ashcroft and Morrissey (Morrissey) are brilliant but when there's a band there's a little bit of spark there; a bit of tension maybe that makes it work.
- Being voted the world's sexiest vegetarian is about as cool as it gets. It's not quite as cool as Brad Pitt, but it'll do. Those have been the two biggest challenges of my life: trying to follow Radiohead, and trying to follow Brad Pitt.
- It's hard for us sometimes because we are English and we do not like to admit that we think we are great.
- [on EMI] Deadlines mean nothing to us. We'll sink the whole company if we have to.
Net Worth Details
Chris Martin, the British singer, songwriter, musician, and producer, has a net worth of $130 million. He gained widespread recognition as the lead singer of the band Coldplay. With over 100 million record sales, Coldplay is one of the best-selling bands in the world. The band has also been honored with numerous prestigious awards, including 7 Grammy Awards.
What is Chris Martin known for?
Chris Martin, born Christopher Anthony John Martin on March 2, 1977, in Exeter, Devon, England, is best known as the lead vocalist of Coldplay. He is renowned for his unique vocal style and heartfelt lyrics that resonate with audiences around the globe.
Early life and education
Chris Martin is the eldest of five children. His mother, Alison, is a music teacher, while his father, Anthony, is a retired accountant. The Martin family formerly owned a motorhome and caravan retail business, which was started by Chris’ paternal grandfather in 1929. Martin attended various schools during his early years, including the Hylton School and Exeter Cathedral School.
Martin’s passion for music developed at a young age, and he formed his first band called The Rocking Honkies while attending Exeter Cathedral School. Later, he joined University College London, where he met the future members of Coldplay: Jonny Buckland, Will Champion, and Guy Berryman.
In 1996, Martin, Buckland, Champion, and Berryman founded Coldplay under the names Pectoralz and Starfish before settling on their final band name. Their debut album, ‘Parachutes,’ was released in 200 and featured the hit single ‘Yellow.’ This marked the beginning of Coldplay’s tremendous success.
Since then, Coldplay has released seven more albums, including critically acclaimed works like ‘A Rush of Blood to the Head’ and ‘Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends.’ The band’s signature hits, such as ‘Viva La Vida,’ ‘Fix You,’ ‘The Scientist,’ and ‘Clocks,’ have solidified their status as one of the most influential and beloved bands of all time.
In addition to his work with Coldplay, Chris Martin has also ventured into a successful solo career and has collaborated with renowned artists such as Jay-Z, Nelly Furtado, and Kanye West.
Chris Martin is known for his dedication to philanthropic causes. He actively supports organizations like the Love Button Movement, Amnesty International, and Mercy Corps, among many others. Since 200, Coldplay has donated ten percent of their earnings to charity and has participated in various charity concerts and events.
Moreover, Martin serves as the creative director of the Global Citizen Festival, an organization committed to eliminating extreme global poverty. He is also an Innocence Ambassador for the Innocence Project’s Artists’ Committee, highlighting his commitment to criminal justice reform.
When it comes to real estate, Chris Martin has invested in several luxurious properties over the years. In 2014, together with his former spouse Gwyneth Paltrow, he purchased a stunning Malibu estate for $14 million. They also owned properties in London, Brentwood, the Hamptons, and a penthouse in Tribeca.
Chris Martin has continued to expand his real estate portfolio by acquiring additional properties. In 2018, he purchased a 6.5-acre property that includes the renowned Malibu Playhouse and a ranch-style house in Malibu Park. In 2019, he acquired a beach house in Malibu for $5.48 million.
Throughout his career, Chris Martin and Coldplay have achieved remarkable success and received numerous accolades. The band has been awarded seven Grammy Awards, seven Billboard Music Awards, nine Brit Awards, six MTV Video Music Awards, and three World Music Awards.
In 2016, Coldplay delivered an unforgettable performance at the Super Bowl 50 halftime show, ranked as one of the best halftime shows of all time by ‘Rolling Stone’ magazine. Additionally, Chris Martin has showcased his talent beyond music and made cameo appearances in movies and TV shows such as ‘Brüno,’ ‘Shaun of the Dead,’ ‘Extras,’ and ‘Modern Family.’
Chris Martin’s journey from a small town in England to becoming a global music sensation is a testament to his exceptional talent and dedication. His unique sound and heartfelt lyrics continue to capture the hearts of millions of fans worldwide. With Coldplay’s enduring popularity and his ongoing solo endeavors, there is no doubt that Chris Martin will continue to shape the music industry for years to come.
Interesting Facts about Chris Martin
- Singer with the band Coldplay.
- Performed at the anti-war "One Big No" concert at Shepherd's Bush Empire, London. [March 2003]
- Plays piano and guitar.
- Performed a version of The Smiths' "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" at London's Astoria. [October 2002]
- Wrote the song "Moses" for wife Gwyneth Paltrow
- He is a big fan of 1980s cult rockers, Echo & The Bunnymen.
- Daughter, with Gwyneth Paltrow, Apple Martin (Apple Blythe Alison Martin), was born on 14 May 2004, in London, England, UK.
- Shares a birthday with Jon Bon Jovi.
- Took part in the Band Aid 20 re-recording of "Do They Know It's Christmas?". [November 2004]
- Met wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, in October 2002 at his band's concert.
- Learned how to sing the lyrics to his song "The Scientist" in reverse for the music video, so that the final product would show his body in reverse while he sang the lyrics normally.
- Wrote a song for the late Johnny Cash, the song is called "Til Kingdom Come".
- Educated at Sherborne School, Dorset (other alumni include Jeremy Irons, John le Carré, James Purefoy, Hugh Bonneville and Richard Eyre) and University College, London, where Coldplay was formed.
- Chris and his wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, are expecting their second child [January 12, 2006].
- Won a Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album for "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" .
- Won a Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album for "Parachutes" .
- Won a Grammy Award for Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal for "In My Place" .
- Won a Grammy Award for Record Of The Year for "Clocks" .
- Won Best International Group at the 2006 Juno Awards in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Wrote the song "Fix You" for his wife Gwyneth Paltrow.