Basic Information About Stevie Nicks
|Category||Celebrities › Rock Stars|
|Professions||Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Film Producer, Film director|
|Date of birth||1948-05-26 (75 years old)|
|Place of birth||Phoenix|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Seductive husky voice|
Long blonde hair
Six inch high heels
Often wears a top hat when performing
Complex ambiguous lyrics
Small petite frame
Nature Related Themes or Lyrics in Music
|Spouse||29 January - Kim Anderson ( 1983 - 1984) (divorced)|
|Height||5 ft 1 in (1.562 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Stevie Nicks win?
Stevie Nicks awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Grammy - Best Album of Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or Television Special||Nominee||Against All Odds||1985|
Stevie Nicks roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Saturday Night Live||Self - Musical Guest 1 episode, 1983|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self / ... 5 episodes, 2007-2019|
|Up All Night||Self 1 episode, 2012|
|The Voice||Self - Guest Performer 1 episode, 2011|
|The Talk||Self - Musical guest 1 episode, 2011|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self - Musical Guest 1 episode, 2016|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self - Musical Guest 2 episodes, 2014|
|CBS News Sunday Morning||Self 1 episode, 2020|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self / ... 5 episodes, 1994-2011|
|Loose Women||Self 2 episodes, 2011-2013|
|Access Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2011|
|The Oprah Winfrey Show||Self 2 episodes, 2011|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Self 1 episode, 2009|
Stevie Nicks's Quotes
- I wouldn't like to be in movies. Movie people are strange. They live a different life than musicians do. And I really think they're much wilder than we are. One time, four movie guys walked up to me at a party after a show. I was looking good. And they took me apart with their eyes. The hair on my arms stood up.
- As a member of Fleetwood Mac, for two weeks I was still working at the restaurant because I'd given them notice. I didn't just want to walk in there and say, "I'm going to be a famous rock star so I quit and I never liked your food anyway.".
- The whole hugeness of it all had really hit everybody very hard. And the biggest thing is Chris and I got a lot of attention because we were the girls, and they didn't like that. They didn't like it then; they don't like it now.
- [on why Christine McVie would never return to Fleetwood Mac] She went to England and she has never been back since 1998... as much as we would all like to think that she'll just change her mind one day, I don't think it'll happen. We love her, so we had to let her go.
- [on Christine McVie] We all did everything we could do to try and talk her out of quitting. But you look in someone's eyes and you can tell they're finished. As Taylor Swift would say: "We are never ever getting back together ever!". That's what Chris was saying. But I'd beg, borrow and scrape together $5 million and give it to her in cash if she would come back. That's how much I miss her.
Stevie Nicks: A Musical Legend with a Net Worth of $120 Million
Stevie Nicks, an American singer/songwriter, has captivated audiences around the world with her mesmerizing voice and captivating stage presence. As a member of the iconic rock band Fleetwood Mac and a highly successful solo artist, Nicks has left an everlasting impression on the music industry. With a net worth of $120 million, she has achieved immense success and recognition in her career.
What is Stevie Nicks known for?
Stevie Nicks is renowned for her unique voice, mystical visual style, and symbolic lyrics. Her distinctive fast vibrato and enchanting performances have made her one of the most recognizable voices in rock music. Nicks’ music blends elements of rock, folk, and pop, creating a sound that resonates with listeners across generations.
Early life and education
Stephanie Lynn Nicks, better known as Stevie Nicks, was born on May 26, 1948, in Phoenix, Arizona. With her father being the president of Greyhound, the family moved frequently during her childhood. Nicks discovered her passion for singing at a young age and began writing her own songs after receiving a Goya guitar at 16.
During her time at Menlo-Atherton High School in Atherton, California, Nicks met Lindsey Buckingham, who would later become her musical and romantic partner. They both joined the psychedelic rock band Fritz, enjoying minor success as the opening act for esteemed artists such as Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. Nicks eventually decided to pursue music full-time, dropping out of college to embark on her musical journey.
After the disbandment of Fritz in 1972, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham continued to collaborate on various musical projects. They caught the attention of legendary drummer Mick Fleetwood, leading to their inclusion in Fleetwood Mac in 1975. The release of their tenth album, ‘Fleetwood Mac’, marked the beginning of their incredible journey together as a band.
‘Rumours’, their subsequent album released in 1977, propelled Fleetwood Mac to stratospheric heights. It became the best-selling album of the year, selling over 40 million copies worldwide and producing four U.S. Top 10 singles. Their collaboration continued with albums like ‘Tusk’, ‘Mirage’, ‘Tango in the Night’, ‘Behind the Mask’, and ‘Say You Will’.
In 1981, Nicks made her solo debut with the album ‘Bella Donna’. The album achieved platinum certification within three months and eventually reached quadruple-platinum status. This was followed by a series of successful solo albums, including ‘The Wild Heart’, ‘Rock a Little’, ‘The Other Side of the Mirror’, ‘Street Angel’, ‘Trouble in Shangri-La’, ‘In Your Dreams’, and ’24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault’.
Throughout her career, Stevie Nicks has received numerous accolades and nominations. As a solo artist, she has been nominated for eight Grammy Awards and, as a member of Fleetwood Mac, for six Grammy Awards. In recognition of her extraordinary contributions, Nicks became the only woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice – once as a member of Fleetwood Mac in 1998, and again as a solo artist in 2019.
Her impact on the music industry goes beyond her artistic achievements. Nicks has paved the way for generations of female performers and has become an icon of empowerment and resilience.
Net Worth Details
Stevie Nicks’ net worth is estimated to be $120 million. She has earned a substantial income not only from her successful music career but also from being a songwriter and composer. As the creator of many modern classics, Nicks has accumulated a significant portion of royalties over the decades.
In December 202, she made headlines by selling an 80% stake in her song catalog, including copyrights to songs like ‘Edge of Seventeen,’ ‘Landslide,’ and ‘Rhiannon.’ This deal with music publisher Primary Wave earned her a staggering $80 million, showcasing the enduring value of her musical contributions.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice: as a member of Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist.
- Four-time Grammy Award nominee as a solo artist.
- Six-time Grammy Award nominee as a member of Fleetwood Mac.
- Best-selling album of 1977 with Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Rumours’.
- Producer of chart-topping hits including ‘Landslide,’ ‘Rhiannon,’ and ‘Edge of Seventeen.’
Personal Life and Real Estate
Despite her immense success, Stevie Nicks has managed to keep her personal life relatively private. She has been romantically linked to musicians such as Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Don Henley, J.D. Souther, Jimmy Iovine, and Joe Walsh. However, Nicks has only been married once, to Kim Anderson in 1983. The marriage ended after just three months.
In terms of real estate, Nicks owns properties in various locations. In 2005, she purchased a gated home in the Pacific Palisades neighborhood of Los Angeles for approximately $9 million. She later listed the property for sale but eventually sold it through an off-market deal.
In 1981, Nicks built a custom 8,000 square-foot mansion in Paradise Valley, Arizona, near her hometown of Phoenix. She resided there with her brother and his family for many years before selling the property in 2007 for $3 million. Additionally, she owns an ocean-view penthouse condo in Santa Monica, which she acquired in 2004 for $3 million.
Stevie Nicks’ enduring talent and iconic status in the music industry have solidified her place among the greats. As a trailblazer for female artists and a true musical legend, she has left an indelible mark on the hearts and souls of millions of fans worldwide. Stevie Nicks’ net worth directly reflects her immense talent and lasting legacy.
Interesting Facts about Stevie Nicks
- Singer with Fleetwood Mac.
- Born at 3:02am-MST.
- (May 1, 2001) Stevie's long awaited seventh album "Trouble In Shangri-La" is released.
- Was used as the template for the Pokémon (1997) character, Jynx.
- British punk group The Rotters recorded a love song entitled "Sit On My Face, Stevie Nicks (a dedication)", which got quickly banned.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998 (as a member of Fleetwood Mac.
- Ranked #14 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll.
- Before they joined Fleetwood Mac, she and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham were in Buckingham Nicks.
- Sister-in-law of Lori Perry.
- According to her official site, The Nicks Fix, her first solo album, "Bella Donna", has gone multi-platinum 5X with 5,000,000 record sales. The 1981 album upgrade was recently listed on the RIAA website, though the certification date is October 13, 2004.
- Mentioned on the song "Not Even Stevie Nicks" by Calexico.
- Wrote the song "Silver Springs" for Fleetwood Mac's biggest-selling album "Rumours" (1977) but it was cut out of the final release. Years later, she asked Mick Fleetwood if she could use the song for her "best of" solo compilation ("Timespace - The Best of Stevie Nicks") but he wouldn't give her the rights. This eventually led her to (temporarily) leave the band. For the reunion tour in 1998 (The Dance), the band was nominated for a Grammy® for the song, "Silver Springs".
- Close friends (and sometime collaborator) with Sheryl Crow.
- Ranked #52 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Good friends and collaborator with Chris Isaak.
- Reinterpretation of her song "Edge of Seventeen" is popular among the pop rock band The Jonas Brothers.
- Fleetwood Mac was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6608 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Thanked by Gin Blossoms in the liner notes of their album "Congratulations I'm Sorry".
- Thanked by Courtney Love in the liner notes of Hole's album "Celebrity Skin".
- Her manager is Howard Kaufman.