Basic Information About David Lee Roth
|Category||Celebrities › Rock Stars|
|Professions||Singer, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Author, Guitarist, Record producer, Paramedic, Songwriter, Actor, Radio personality|
|Date of birth||1954-10-10 (69 years old)|
|Place of birth||Bloomington|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Irrepressibly bombastic interview style, where he will use a variety of cultural, literary, and worldly references, in a very stream-of-consciousness manner.|
High raspy voice
Long blonde hair and blue eyes
His charismatic dancing
Performing bare chested
|Height||6 ft (1.83 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did David Lee Roth win?
David Lee Roth's Quotes
- I don't get all the women that I want...I get all the women that want me.
- I used to jog but the ice cubes kept coming out of my glass.
- Van Halen can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade.
- We're not trying to save the world, that is U2's job. We just want to save the 100 cities we will be playing. (On the Van Halen reunion in 2007)
- You want a hero in the music world? James Brown. He brought a feeling to music without really using words. He's just famous for his sound.
Net Worth Details
David Lee Roth, the renowned American singer, songwriter, rock star, radio DJ, and author, has a net worth of $60 million. His financial success can be attributed to his incredible career as the original frontman of the highly successful rock band Van Halen, which lasted from 1974 to 1985. Additionally, Roth’s solo work and various other projects have significantly contributed to his wealth.
What is David Lee Roth known for?
David Lee Roth is best known for his remarkable talent as a vocalist and his influential role as the lead singer of the legendary band Van Halen. His distinctive voice, charismatic stage presence, and energetic performances captivated audiences around the world, making him a true rock icon.
Early life and education
David Lee Roth was born on October 10, 1954, in Bloomington, Indiana. With a father who was an ophthalmologist and a mother who was a teacher, he grew up in a nurturing environment that supported his passion for music. Roth’s interest in music began at an early age, and he attended The Webb Schools in Claremont, California, where he met the Van Halen brothers, Eddie and Alex.
After high school, Roth continued his education at Pasadena City College while simultaneously exploring his musical aspirations. During this time, he worked as a hospital orderly and honed his skills as a vocalist.
As fate would have it, Roth joined forces with Eddie and Alex Van Halen, creating one of the most iconic rock bands in history. Initially known as Mammoth, the band changed its name to Van Halen in 1974. They quickly gained a local following and caught the attention of record executives.
Van Halen experienced immense success throughout the late 197s and 198s, releasing several hit albums and mesmerizing audiences with their electrifying performances. David Lee Roth played a crucial role in the band’s success, both as the lead vocalist and principal lyricist. His lyrics perfectly complemented Eddie Van Halen’s iconic guitar riffs, creating the signature sound that defined the band’s 198s era.
After parting ways with Van Halen in 1985, Roth embarked on a successful solo career, releasing several albums that showcased his versatility as an artist. Despite his solo success, Roth has frequently reunited with Van Halen for monumental performances and tours. In 2007, the band was rightfully inducted into the prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Throughout his career, David Lee Roth has achieved numerous accomplishments and accolades for his contributions to the music industry. In addition to his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Van Halen, he has received recognition for his captivating stage presence, unforgettable performances, and iconic albums.
Moving beyond music, Roth has also made notable appearances in various media platforms. He has hosted a video webcast called The Roth Show, where he delves into a wide range of topics, including his experiences making music videos with Van Halen and his love for tattoos. Furthermore, he ventured into the skincare industry, creating a line of products specifically designed to protect tattooed skin.
Influential figure in the industry
David Lee Roth’s impact on the music industry extends far beyond his vocal abilities. He pioneered a unique style of performance that blended rock with flamboyant showmanship, influencing countless artists who would follow in his footsteps.
Aside from his musical talents, Roth’s undeniable charisma and sense of humor have endeared him to fans worldwide. His larger-than-life personality has solidified his status as a living legend in the world of rock and roll.
Despite his fame and success, David Lee Roth’s personal life has remained relatively private. He has never been married, and his romantic relationships have spanned various names in the entertainment industry. Notable names include Caron Bernstein, Fleur Thiemeyer, Sônia Braga, Apollonia Kotero, and Ann Boleyn.
Roth is often referred to as “Diamond Dave” due to his flamboyant stage presence and extravagant lifestyle. While he has had numerous connections throughout his life, he has not fathered any children.
David Lee Roth resides in a lavish home in Pasadena, a city known for its elegance and cultural heritage. The exact details of his real estate holdings have not been publicly disclosed, but it is well-known that Roth enjoys a luxurious lifestyle.
Throughout his dynamic career spanning decades, David Lee Roth has left an indelible mark on the world of music. His powerful vocals, electrifying stage presence, and charismatic persona have solidified his place in rock and roll history. As fans anticipate what the future holds for this legendary artist, only one thing is certain: David Lee Roth’s legacy will continue to resonate with generations to come.
Interesting Facts about David Lee Roth
- Lead singer of the rock group Van Halen from the mid-1970s through 1985. He rejoined the band in 2007.
- Before 2007, his last two public appearances with the other members of Van Halen (besides Sammy Hagar) were at awards shows: in 1996, he appeared with Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Michael Anthony as a presenter at MTV's Video Music Awards; his last appearance before that was in 1985, as a nominee (with the other members of Van Halen) at the American Video Awards, a precursor to the MTV awards and produced by Casey Kasem. The last Video Music Awards show was held in 1987.
- One of the few all-time famous rock stars who has never married.
- He is an avid mountain climber.
- After an unsuccessful reunion attempt in 1996, he reconvened with Van Halen again in 2000. They recorded a couple of songs but soon parted ways due to legal reasons.
- Appeared on The Sopranos: All Happy Families (2004) playing himself in a VIP poker game that involves Tony Soprano.
- He will be training in New York City to be an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician). 
- He was against having too many synthesizers in the Van Halen sound, especially during the 1984/"Jump" period, which was one of the things that led to his departure because he wanted more of a bluesy sound (according to Dave in his book "Crazy from the Heat").
- Worked with guitarists Bart Walsh and Brian Young, who were members of an early Van Halen tribute band called The Atomic Punks.
- His uncle Manny Roth owned the famous Cafe Wha in Manhattan's Greenwich Village.
- Back in the mid-1970s when Van Halen was forming, the band originally agreed on the name "Mammoth". When they found out later that "Mammoth" was already taken, it was Dave's idea to call the band Van Halen.
- Will start as an "all talk format" radio disc jockey in January 2006. He will replace Howard Stern on New York's K-Rock Station and some other United States cities as well.
- He is fluent in Spanish.
- Although known as a lead singer, he can also play guitar quite well; on tour he plays a three to four minute bluesy acoustic guitar solo that will eventually lead into the "Ice Cream Man" riff; then his band will break into the heavy part of the song; at this point Dave puts his guitar away and sings
- Attended John Muir High School in Pasadena, California. Graduated in 1972.
- He was released from CBS owned radio station Free Fm, after only three and a half months of being on the air.
- When he first joined the band that would become Van Halen, he wanted the group to be an all-covers band.
- He resides in Pasadena, California.
- Ranked #100 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Obtained a Private Pilot license for rotorcraft-helicopter 12/12/2006.