Basic Information About Debbi Morgan
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1956-09-20 (67 years old)|
|Place of birth||Dunn|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Large dimples|
|Spouse||6 June - Jeffery Winston ( 2009 - present)|
Donn Thompson - (15 March 1997 - 2000) (divorced)
Charles S. Dutton - (31 December 1989 - 1994) (divorced)
Charles Weldon - (1980 - 1984) (divorced)
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Debbi Morgan win?
Debbi Morgan awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|CFCA Award - Best Supporting Actress||Winner||Eve's Bayou||1998|
|OFTA Film Award - Best Breakthrough Performance - Female||Winner||Eve's Bayou||1998|
|Gold Derby TV Award - Lead Actress - Daytime Drama||Winner||All My Children||2010|
|Image Award - Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series||Winner||All My Children||2009|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Supporting Actress in a Daytime Serial||Winner||Port Charles||1998|
Debbi Morgan roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|She's All That||Ms. Rousseau|
|Taxi Driver||Girl at Columbus Circle (uncredited)|
|Eve's Bayou||Mozelle Batiste Delacroix|
|Love & Basketball||Nona McCall|
|The Hurricane||Mae Thelma|
|Mandingo||Dite (as Debbie Morgan)|
|The Cosby Show||Tracy 1 episode, 1992|
|Ghost Whisperer||Mrs. Riley 1 episode, 2006|
|The Practice||Marsha Shinn 1 episode, 2001|
|Touching Evil||Aileen Mooney 1 episode, 2004|
|A Different World||Lisa Westin 1 episode, 1991|
|The White Shadow||Delores Raye 1 episode, 1979|
|The Incredible Hulk||Jody 1 episode, 1980|
|All My Children||Dr. Angie Baxter Hubbard / ... 475 episodes, 1982-2011|
|Good Times||Ellen / ... 2 episodes, 1976-1977|
|The Young and the Restless||Harmony Hamilton 49 episodes, 2011-2012|
|Power||Estelle 11 episodes, 2014-2020|
|The Love Boat||Stephanie Jackson 1 episode, 1979|
|The Bold and the Beautiful||District Attorney Jennifer Tartaro 14 episodes, 2006-2007|
|What's Happening!!||Diane / ... 6 episodes, 1976-1977|
|Trapper John, M.D.||Denise / ... 2 episodes, 1980-1982|
|Bigger||Debbie / ... 3 episodes, 2019-2021|
|Any Day Now||2 episodes, 1999-2000|
|Herman's Head||Melodie 1 episode, 1992|
|Generations||Chantal Marshall #2 71 episodes, 1990-1991|
|The Oprah Winfrey Show||Self 1 episode, 2011|
|Tales||Clarice 1 episode, 2019|
|Port Charles||Dr. Ellen Burgess 214 episodes, 1997-1998|
Debbi Morgan: From Early Life to Iconic Roles
Debbi Morgan net worth is valued at $12.5 million as of 2021. She is widely known for her outstanding portrayal of Dr. Angie Hubbard on the popular daytime soap opera, All My Children which aired on ABC for over four decades.
The Life of Debbi Morgan
Debbi Morgan was born on September 20, 1956, in Dunn, North Carolina, as the eldest daughter of parents George and Lora who were a butcher and teacher respectively. She grew up in New York City, where she also pursued her passion for acting from a young age.
Debbi Morgan’s Career and Achievements
Morgan garnered much recognition for playing The Seer in the popular TV series Charmed where she appeared as a recurring character during the fourth and fifth seasons. With a career spanning over four decades, the renowned actress has also featured alongside popular actors like Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes in various films.
Her talent and passion have also earned her numerous awards such as two Daytime Emmy Awards- Outstanding Supporting Actress in All My Children, NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series, among others.
Morgan’s Early Life and Education
Morgan was passionate about acting since childhood. In pursuit of her dreams, she applied to The High School of Performing Arts also known as Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School in New York City. There she trained in dance and drama that led her to discover her true calling and exquisite talents.
As an actress, she got her first film role in 1975 for the movie Mandingo, where she played the character of Dite. Following this, she starred in the 1979 miniseries Roots: The Next Generations. Her portrayal of Alex Haley’s great aunt, Elizabeth Harvey, was received with much acclaim by critics.
The Iconic Roles
The All My Children star had a long journey to the iconic role. Morgan began playing Angie Hubbard in 1982, who was initially a young medical student and went on to transition to different storylines until the end of the show in 2011.
Interestingly, the show marked a big milestone for soap operas due to its socially-indicative storylines such as racial, social, and political issues that were the order of the day. One storyline showed the relationship between Angie and Jesse taking into account the interracial obstacle that they faced when it was still controversial in most featured dramas.
Personal Life and Multitude of Talents
Debbi Morgan had four marriages in total. She is currently married to Jeffrey Winston with whom she tied the knot in June 2009. Other than acting, Morgan has explored other talents such as writing, producing, and enriching the lives of others through mentorship and participation in various charitable causes.
Later on, she joined the long-running daytime soap opera series The Young and the Restless in 2011 as Yolanda Hamilton. Her talent in acting expanded its notoriety through shows like “This Is Us,” “Power,” and “The Quad.”
In conclusion, Debbi Morgan’s net worth is proof that determination and talent can take one far, especially on a worth purposeful path. With an unwavering passion for performing arts and the support of her family, Debbi Morgan has achieved great heights in her career over the years.
Hopefully, the upcoming years will bring more moments of joy and smiles for this talented actress who has touched so many hearts!
Interesting Facts about Debbi Morgan
- Her Jamaican accent on Charmed (1998) is not real.
- Parents: Lora Morgan and George Morgan Jr.
- Has one younger sister: Terry Morgan-Grant.
- Her father died of leukemia in 1965.
- Her cousin Kendra Boleware-Skinner was only 28 years old when she died from cancer.
- Met her former husband, photographer Donn Thompson, when she was posing for the June 1995 cover of "Black Elegance".
- As of 2009, she's the sole African-American actress to be honored with a Daytime Emmy for her work in a daytime drama series. She won the 1989 Daytime Emmy in the category of "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series" for her work as Dr. Angela "Angie" Hubbard (née Baxter) on ABC's All My Children (1970) in a tie with Nancy Lee Grahn who won for her work as feminist attorney "Julia Wainwright Capwell" on the long-defunct NBC daytime drama Santa Barbara (1984). And, in 2009, she made daytime television history by becoming the first African-American actress to be nominated for a Daytime Emmy in the "Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series" category for her work as Dr. Angela "Angie" Hubbard on All My Children (1970). She lost out to Susan Haskell (as Dr. Margaret "Marty" Saybrooke on ABC's One Life to Live (1968)), longtime partner of Morgan's now-former All My Children (1970) cast-mate Thorsten Kaye.
- She played the role of Elizabeth Harvey in Roots: The Next Generations (1979) from the age of 15 in 1882 to the age of 83 in 1950.
- Worked with Randolph Mantooth on both series: Loving (1983) and its spin-off The City (1995).