Basic Information About Donna Pescow
|Celebrities › Actors
|Actor, Television Director
|Date of birth
|1954-03-24 (69 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|Curiosities and Trademarks
|5 ft 1 in (1.55 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Donna Pescow win?
Donna Pescow awards
|Movie / Series Name
|Daytime Emmy - Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series
|Daytime Emmy - Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series
|Golden Globe - Best Actress in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical
|People's Choice Award - Favorite Female Performer in a New TV Program
Donna Pescow roles
|Movie / Series
|Saturday Night Fever
|Match Game PM
|Self - Panelist 3 episodes, 1978-1979
|Dr. Sharon Finkel 5 episodes, 2017-2018
|Donna Parisi 1 episode, 2007
|Eileen Stevens / ... 65 episodes, 2000-2003
|Priscilla 1 episode, 2017
|Murder, She Wrote
|Cornelia 1 episode, 1986
|All My Children
|Dr. Lynn Carson 3 episodes, 1983
|The Love Boat
|Connie Pierce / ... 5 episodes, 1979-1986
|That's So Raven
|Self 1 episode, 1996
|Body of Proof
|Maria Sanella 1 episode, 2012
|Match Game 73
|Self - Panelist / ... 11 episodes, 1978-1979
|Debbie's Mother 1 episode, 2007
|Carol Bowen / ... 2 episodes, 1983-1984
|Trapper John, M.D.
|Linda D'Amico 1 episode, 1983
|One Life to Live
|Celena Arquette (1977) 1 episode, 1977
|Truth Be Told
|Esta Turney 1 episode, 2021
|Sheila Kendall 1 episode, 1997
|Harry and the Hendersons
|The Maury Povich Show
|Self 1 episode, 1992
Donna Pescow's Quotes
- I don't think you can ever perceive this sort of lightening in a bottle, I think they were hoping it would do at least well enough to make it's money back. Then, suddenly, it became so popular it took on a whole other life.
Donna Pescow: Actress, Director, and More
Donna Pescow is a versatile American actress, accomplished director, and an inspiration of many. Born in Brooklyn, New York in March 1954, she had the talent and the passion for acting from a very young age. Pescow has come a long way since then, and today, her net worth stands at an impressive $3 million.
Net Worth Details
With a career spanning over four decades, it is no surprise that Donna Pescow has built up a substantial net worth of $3 million. Her performances on stage, film, and TV have consistently amazed audiences worldwide, making her one of the most sought-after actresses in Hollywood. Moreover, in addition to her acting abilities, her talent as a director is also what has brought her to where she stands financially today. Her ventures into directing have not only added to her reputation but have also significantly increased her net worth.
What is Donna Pescow known for?
Donna Pescow began her career as an actress in 1977, where she landed her first major role as Annette in the movie “Saturday Night Fever”. The film was a highly successful hit that opened doors for Pescow’s career in Hollywood and marked her entry into show business.
After the success of Saturday Night Fever, on-screen stardom followed with several guest appearances on renowned TV shows such as The Love Boat, The Sopranos, Harry and the Hendersons, and even voice-over work for animated series DuckTales. Pescow has also been known for her versatility with roles that span across different genres such as drama, romance, action, and comedy.
Early life and education
Donna Pescow started performing while she was still young at Our Lady Of Guadalupe Elementary School. Later, in high school, she was discovered by a talent scout and was promptly signed to her first television commercial.
Pescow pursued her higher education in Drama at the American University in Washington, D.C. after which she moved to New York to participate in an off-Broadway production of The Magic Show.
Pescow’s career saw a defining moment in the late 197s, with her breakthrough role in “Saturday Night Fever”. She then went on to entertain audiences on both the big and small screens, with her versatile roles and commendable acting skills. Being successful as an actress was not enough for Pescow, and her love for the technical aspects of filmmaking, like the visual storytelling and organizational work, pushed her in exploring the directorial side of the industry.
Come 1987, she landed the role of Donna Garland in Out of This World. Simultaneously, she began her directing phase with Harry, and the Hendersons in 199, later directing some popular shows like That’s So Raven and Even Stevens.
Throughout her successful career, Donna Pescow has been nominated for prestigious awards – A Golden Globe and three Daytime Emmy Awards. However, the most significant accomplishment is the number of lives she has touched through her performances both in acting and directing. Pescow’s versatility to adapt to any character or situation earned her fans worldwide, along with several recurring roles, which prove the magnitude of her talent all around the United States.
Donna Pescow’s biggest achievement will undeniably always be her tenacity and passion for the craft, inspiring many individuals to follow their dreams relentlessly, even when the scenarios may seem tough.
Pescow’s personal life has been one of privacy. She’s the mother of two and has been married to famous Hollywood psychiatrist Dr. Dan Michel since 1988.
Attitude Towards Charity
Donna’s ambition does not stop at the big screen. She enjoys participating in various charity events, supporting organizations that focus on cancer medical advancements and education.
Donna Pescow is a perfectly qualified actress who turned her passion for acting into an impressive career. The Actress has won recognition from critics and fans alike, received nominations for various prestigious awards, and excelled as a Director too.
From portraying iconic characters to directing television shows and supporting charitable causes, Pescow’s ambition-driven journey goes far beyond on-screen successes, serving as an example for many aspiring individuals who dream of making their mark in the entertainment world.
Interesting Facts about Donna Pescow
- Did not gain weight for her role in Saturday Night Fever (1977), however she lost 15 lbs before the iconic film's release.
- Did not have a driver's license until she was 25 years old.
- Attended and graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (AADA), where she lost her native Brooklyn accent (1975). She had to relearn the accent for her role in Saturday Night Fever (1977).
- She took drama classes with Rocky (1976) co-star Carl Weathers.
- Auditioned six times for the role of Annette in Saturday Night Fever (1977) - three times for original director John G. Avildsen then, after he was fired, three more times for replacement director John Badham - before she got the role.
- During the second season of the fantasy sitcom Out of This World (1987), Pescow became pregnant. Since this could not be explained how her character became pregnant while her husband was away fighting a war, Pescow was filmed using only close-up shots or position so that something was hiding her pregnancy.
- Attended and graduated from Sheepshead Bay High School in Brooklyn, New York (1972).
- Has one son: Jack Casey Zelonka (born 1989).
- Currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
- She is of Russian Jewish descent.
- Born on the exact same date as Robert Carradine.
- In 1982 - 1983, she played the role of Dr. Lynn Carson on the soap opera All My Children, who was the first lesbian character on a daytime serial.