Basic Information About Elaine Cassidy
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1979-12-31 (43 years old)|
|Place of birth||Kilcoole|
|Nationality||Republic of Ireland|
|Spouse||Stephen Lord - (31 December 2007 - present) (2 children)|
|Height||5 ft 1 in (1.57 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Elaine Cassidy win?
Elaine Cassidy awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|IFTA Award - Best Actress in a Lead Role - Drama||Nominee||No Offence||2017|
|IFTA Award - Best Actress in a Lead Role - Drama||Nominee||No Offence||2016|
|IFTA Award - Best Actress in a Lead Role in Television||Winner||Harper's Island||2010|
|IFTA Award - Best Supporting Actress - Television||Nominee||The Paradise||2014|
Elaine Cassidy: An Irish Actress with a Heart of Gold and Net Worth of $3 Million
What comes to mind when you think of famous Irish actresses? Names like Maureen O’Hara, Saoirse Ronan, and Aisling Franciosi likely pop up. One name that you should definitely add to your list is Elaine Cassidy. With a net worth of $3 million dollars, Elaine Cassidy has impressive acting credits that have endeared her to audiences worldwide.
Net Worth Details
As mentioned earlier, Elaine Cassidy has come a long way since her debut in the short film “The Stranger Within Me” in 1994. As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $3 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Her impressive acting credentials have played a significant role in her accumulated wealth.
What is Elaine Cassidy Known For?
Elaine Cassidy is known for being one of the most talented actresses to come out of Ireland. Spanning across film, television, and stage productions, she has proven her deft acting abilities.
Early Life and Education
Elaine Cassidy was born in Kilcoole, County Wicklow, Ireland in December 1979. Her interest in acting began early when she played Pinocchio in a school production at just five years old. She pursued her interests in drama and theater after attending the Arundel School in England and later studied at the Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin.
With over two decades of experience in the acting industry, Elaine Cassidy has established herself as a versatile actress capable of playing a variety of roles. She first gained prominence in the independent film “The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars” (1996), for which she received a nomination for Most Promising Actress at the Geneva Film Festival.
Cassidy has since graced movies like “The Others,” “Disco Pigs,” and “Fingersmith,” and her roles have earned her Irish Film and Television Awards in 2003 and 201, respectively.
On television, she starred as Abby Mills in the CBS thriller series “Harper’s Island” and as Katherine Glendenning in the BBC TV series “The Paradise.” She has also appeared in several television movies such as “Little White Lie” and “Uncle Adolf.”
Elaine Cassidy also has an impressive theater career, having acted with the Royal Shakespeare Company and won accolades for her performances in “The Lieutenant of Inishmore” and “Aristocrats.”
Elaine Cassidy is a private person who keeps her personal life away from the public eye. She married fellow actor Stephen Lord in 2007, and they have a daughter together.
Elaine Cassidy’s impressive acting career has earned her numerous accolades along the way. In 1999 she played Felicia in “Felicia’s Journey” and was nominated for Best Actress at the 20th Genie Awards. In 2005, she starred in the TV mini-series “Fingersmith” and won the Irish Film and Television Award for Best Actress. In 2007, Cassidy walked down the aisle with Stephen Lord, a fellow actor. From 2012 to 2013, Cassidy starred as Katherine Glendenning on BBC’s “The Paradise.”
Elaine Cassidy’s portfolio includes over two decades of film, television, and theater performances, all deserving of mention. Cassidy’s ability to play an extensive range of roles with precision has contributed to her enduring popularity as a performer.
Conclusion: An Irish Actress with a Global Appeal
Elaine Cassidy is indeed a remarkable actress who has dedicated her life to art, devotion to craft, and passion for storytelling. With over two decades of experience and an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars, she will doubtless leave her stamp on the film industry for many more years to come.
Elaine Cassidy is that rare gem, possessing enormous talent, humble grace, and a heart of gold. It’s no surprise that she has remained in high regard, earning respect from peers and audiences alike.
If you’re looking to watch some of her movies or TV shows, be sure to check out “The Paradise,” “Harper’s Island,” and “Fingersmith.”
Interesting Facts about Elaine Cassidy
- 2001: Named as one of European films' Shooting Stars by European Film Promotion.
- She has two older sisters
- Elaine worked as a Data Entry Clerk for Global Telesystems Group in Ireland before landing her role as Felicia in Felicia's Journey (1999). She also worked as a waitress for two months at a Cork bistro to get her accent right to play Runt in Disco Pigs (2001).
- Speaks Irish, English, Spanish, and German.
- Dancer in the Dark (2000) and The Mission (1986) are some of her favorite films.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 29, a daughter Kíla Lord Cassidy on September 16, 2009. Child's father is her husband, Stephen Lord.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 33, a son Lynott Lord Cassidy on January 23, 2013. Child's father is her husband, Stephen Lord.
- As an unfamiliar teenaged actress of the 1990s, she was mentored into the business by legendary Hollywood actress Angie Dickinson. Her first television exposure with Dickinson was a co-starring role, opposite her in the The Sun, the Moon and the Stars (1996) movie. Cassidy played Dickinson's youngest daughter, Shelley, for over a one hour movie.
- Former Hollywood sex symbol Angie Dickinson took Cassidy under Dickinson's wing, when she was 16.
- Has highly praised Angie Dickinson for her stardom in acting.
- Credits Angie Dickinson as her favorite acting mentor/best friend.
- Her acting mentor is Angie Dickinson.
- As an actress, she was highly influenced by Angie Dickinson.