Basic Information About Haviland Morris
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Real Estate Broker|
|Date of birth||1959-09-14 (64 years old)|
|Place of birth||New Jersey|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Red Hair (Although She Played A Blonde In Sixteen Candles)|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Haviland Morris win?
Haviland Morris roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Home Alone 3||Karen Pruitt|
|Gremlins 2: The New Batch||Marla Bloodstone|
|City on a Hill||Kate Southworth 1 episode, 2019|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Dawn Trent 1 episode, 2003|
|Blue Bloods||Linda Tomlin 1 episode, 2014|
|Law & Order||Molly Kilpatrick / ... 2 episodes, 1990-1998|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Karen Cove / ... 2 episodes, 2001-2009|
|Army Wives||Dr. Melinda Jernigan 1 episode, 2009|
|Sex and the City||Brooke 1 episode, 1998|
|One Tree Hill||Olivia Pruitt 3 episodes, 2008|
|Cosby||Jeannie 1 episode, 1998|
|Family Ties||Sharon McElroy 1 episode, 1986|
|Tales from the Darkside||Sarah McBride 1 episode, 1988|
|Homicide: Life on the Street||Eleanor Burke 1 episode, 1999|
|One Life to Live||Claire Baxter 74 episodes, 1999-2003|
|Quarry||Susan 2 episodes, 2016|
|American Playhouse||Amy-Joy / ... 3 episodes, 1989-1990|
Haviland Morris Net Worth: All You Need to Know About This Multi-talented Actress
If you are still wondering who Haviland Morris is, then you are missing out on one of the most versatile and sought-after actresses of American cinema.
What Is Haviland Morris Known For?
Despite appearing in over 50 movies in her impressive career, Haviland Morris rose to fame with some of the greatest hits of the 198s with her notable roles in Sixteen Candles, Gremlins 2: The New Batch, and Who’s That Girl. The reception of her acting was so good that Hollywood directors continued to cast her in top films for both comedic and serious roles.
Early Life and Education
Morris was born on September 14th, 1959, in New Jersey, where she spent part of her childhood. Growing up, she spent several years living in Hong Kong, where she learned basic Cantonese and built a diverse cultural background. Morris attended Purchase College that granted her a chance to study with prominent actors like Stanley Tucci. After graduation, Haviland decided to delve entirely into the entertainment industry in hopes of attaining success.
Morris made her debut appearance in the entertainment industry as an actress in 1984 and quickly established her name in Hollywood. She acted in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, which set the pace for her flourishing acting journey. Morris’s talent continues to be recognized in films and TV shows alike, appearing in Avenging Angel and One Life to Live for over 75 episodes. She starred as a housewife in the comedy movie, Home Alone 3, which was also a commercial success.
In addition to Hollywood and TV works, she has appeared on theatrical stages performing roles in Arthur Miller’s The Crucible, Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, and Neil Simon’s Brighton Beach Memoirs. Morris also moderated public readings and theatric shows, such as Auden’s For the Time Being and Millennium Mystery Show.
Haviland Morris’s brilliance as an actress has earned her distinct recognition in Tinsletown. Various critics and associations have nominated her works, and she has won several awards for them.
- In 2015, she was awarded the ‘Rookie of the Year’ award by Halstead Property New York real estate awards
- In 1988, Haviland won the NSFC Award under the Best Supporting Actress category for the epic movie ‘Who’s That Girl.’
- Haviland Morris was nominated for Young Artist Awards in 1986 – Best Young Actress in a Motion Picture for her role in the comedy classic ‘Sixteen Candles.’
- Her movie’ Gremlins 2: The New Batch’ secured several MTV Movie Award nominations.
- The movie ‘Reckless’ brought her recognition for Best Female Lead in the Independent Spirit Awards of 1996.
Today Morris is pursuing another equally satisfying career in real estate as a licensed agent at Halstead Properties. Her experience in the service industry has helped her leverage quality customer relationships, leading to her receiving several awards in customer service excellence.
In addition to her successful career, Morris enjoys a fulfilling family life with her husband of many years, Robert, and their child.
Haviland Morris has flawlessly managed to balance between life in Hollywood, personal life, and a successful career in real estate. With recognition cuts from various sectors such as the entertainment industry, customer service, and home life, she has positively amassed a net worth of $3 million-$4 million.
However, Morris is not just any celebrity actress whose TV appearances and net worth alone boast her talent. She is intelligent, well-educated, hardworking, and highly talented, making strides in every sector she undertakes. She is a living example of how multiple talents can raise an individual to the top in every life aspect.
Interesting Facts about Haviland Morris
- Wore a blonde wig on Sixteen Candles (1984).
- Grew up in Hong Kong
- She has appeared in almost all "Law & Order" franchises (Law & Order (1990), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999), Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001)) as well as in Homicide: Life on the Street (1993).
- Mother, with husband Robert Score, of daughter Faith Score (b. 1991) and son Henry Score (b. 2000).
- Was considered for the role of Ariel in Footloose (1984). She even did a screen test with Kevin Bacon.
- She originally enrolled at Northwestern University in the Theater Arts program, then transferred to SUNY-Purchase, where she graduated with a BFA in acting.