Basic Information About Jessalyn Gilsig
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Voice Actor|
|Date of birth||1971-11-30 (52 years old)|
|Place of birth||Montreal|
|Spouse||Robert Salomon - (1 January 2005 - 2010) (divorced) (1 child)|
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.6 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Jessalyn Gilsig win?
Jessalyn Gilsig roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|The Stepfather||Julie King|
|Prom Night||Aunt Karen Turner|
|The Horse Whisperer||Lucy, Annie's Assistant|
|Flood||Samantha 'Sam' Morrison|
|Quest for Camelot||Kayley (voice)|
|Vikings||Siggy Haraldson 24 episodes, 2013-2015|
|Prison Break||Lisa Rix 4 episodes, 2005|
|The Practice||A.D.A Jennifer Liner / ... 2 episodes, 1999|
|Law & Order||Angela Burquette 1 episode, 2006|
|Heroes||Meredith Gordon 10 episodes, 2006-2008|
|Nip/Tuck||Gina Russo 17 episodes, 2003-2008|
|Harry's Law||Brianna Marsh 1 episode, 2012|
|Scandal||Vanessa Moss 4 episodes, 2017-2018|
|CSI: NY||Jordan Gates 3 episodes, 2008|
|Glee||Terri Schuester / ... 47 episodes, 2009-2015|
|Big Shot||Holly Barrett / ... 10 episodes, 2021|
|Vikings: Athelstan's Journal||Siggy 5 episodes, 2015|
|Grand Hotel||Roxanne 1 episode, 2019|
Jessalyn Gilsig's Quotes
- "It takes someone pretty persistent to stick it out with me." (on relationships)
- "Everything. I would relax a little more. I thought everybody knew what was going on except me, and that I was completely missing the boat. Now, I think I was probably on par with everybody else. So, I'd just cut myself some slack and have more fun." (on what she would change about her high school days)
Jessalyn Gilsig: Canadian actress with a net worth of $3 million
With a stunning personality and captivating performances, Jessalyn Gilsig has cemented her position as one of the most renowned Canadian actresses. Born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in November 1971, Jessalyn Gilsig rose to prominence with her exceptional skill set.
What is Jessalyn Gilsig known for?
Jessalyn Gilsig was destined to achieve greatness as she realized her passion for acting at an early age of just 12. She received her initial training at McGill University and later advanced training from Harvard University’s Institute for Advanced Theatre Training.
Early life and education
Jessalyn inherited a diverse background; her mother was a writer and translator, whereas her father held prestigious positions in the field of finance. Despite being brought up in a family that did not hold artistry close to their heart, Jessalyn was adamant about pursuing her dreams and not settling for conventional lifestyle.
Besides receiving an abundance of formal education, real-life experiences sculpted Jessalyn into the seasoned actor she is today. Jessalyn started voice-acting with Mascarade’s short film in 1984 and provided the voice of Gertrude of Griswald from 1991 to 1992 in the series Young Robin Hood.
Jessalyn Gilsig’s astounding career boasts a variety of achievements ranging from movie to TV screen appearances. She is famous for playing essential characters such as Lauren Davis in ‘Boston Public (200-2002),’ Diane Schwartz in ‘NYPD Blue,’ Gina Russo in ‘Prison Break,’ and many others.
Her major acting breakthrough came with the series ‘Glee(2009-2012),’ where Jessalyn portrayed Terri Schuester and did so exceptionally well, winning screen actors guild award in 201 and getting nominated for a Daytime Emmy and Teen Choice Award.
New challenges awaited Jessalyn in her subsequent project of the series ‘Vikings(2013-2016).’ Still, she displayed excellent versatility in handling the different roles of history, especially portraying Siggy.
Jessalyn’s noteworthy commendations include winning Screen Actors Guild Award, nominations for Daytime Emmy and Teen Choice Award. Her record-breaking performances have undoubtedly made her an artistic figure to look up to.
Apart from her incredible work on the screen, Jessalyn kept herself occupied with other works of art, such as producing indie comedy “Struck by Lightning.” Furthermore, she was also an envoy for the relief work endeavors after the Haitian earthquake, rendering her an inspirational icon.
Jessalyn is married to Bobby Salomon and they have 1 daughter together. However, they separated recently. Jessalyn loves reading and traveling. She finds these activities as a rejuvenator for her creative juices. Science fiction is her favorite genre, and she is known to have a whole library dedicated solely to this specific category.
Beautiful actress with immense potential
The human mind needs creative outlets. Jessalyn Gilsig is one example where the fear of living without artistic expression has helped unlock hidden gems and dark alleys of opportunity. The beauty of this inspiration lies in knowing that one can always aspire to explore their capability without fearing failure.
Jessalyn Gilsig is one of Canada’s finest human exports. Her acting skills and charisma have landed her a recognized place in the entertainment industry. At an impressive net worth of $3 million, she proves that one can pursue passion and make it into an economically feasible and thriving career.
Interesting Facts about Jessalyn Gilsig
- Attended McGill University, Montreal, Quebec from 1989 to 1993 and graduated with a degree in English.
- In late 1999, she was going to replace actress Paula Marshall who was leaving the series Snoops (1999). However, that show was cancelled before Gilsig was set to join the cast and producer David E. Kelley gave her a role on his next show Boston Public (2000) instead.
- Provided/painted all the art pieces of Patricia Clarkson's character in "The Station Agent", written and directed by her Boston Public (2000) co-star Tom McCarthy.
- Her husband, Robert Salomon was her prom date in high school.
- Is Jewish on her father's side and married in a traditional Jewish wedding.
- Daughter of Toby Gilsig, an engineer, and wife Clare, a writer and translator.
- Speaks fluent (Québécois) French.
- Began her acting career at age 12 doing voice-over work.
- Her name is a Gaelic variation of "Jocelyn.".
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 34, a daughter named Penelope Salomon on September 26, 2006. Child's father is her now ex-husband, Robert Salomon.
- Became an American citizen in 2013.