What Movie Awards did Kristian Nairn win?
Kristian Nairn- The Giant who won Hearts!
Behind every great perception or character, there is a fabulous performer who brings it to life. The Game of Thrones is an exemplary example of such a perception which has come into our lives thanks to a group of genius creators, executive producers, and the enthusiastic cast. One such creative and exceptionally talented artist is Kristian Nairn. He is known for an impressive career that includes powerful acting and music that is guaranteed to leave you on your feet. Read on to know more about his inspiring journey.
The Early Life and Education of Kristian Nairn
Kristian Nairn was born in a small town in Northern Ireland known for its linen manufacturing, Lisburn, in November 1975. An athletic child, he always stayed active and carried out many outdoor activities. Right from his young age, he showed a significant inclination towards the entertainment industry and was often asked by his family and friends to dance or perform music. He completed his primary education at the local school in Belfast and then pursued a diploma in music in college.
What is Kristian Nairn known for?
Kristian Nairn is best known for his breakthrough performance as Hodor in the TV series Game Of Thrones. He played the character of a gentle giant with utmost subtlety and perfection. It is said that the creators David Benioff and Dan Weiss designed Hodor’s character only for Nairn after they saw him work in other projects. Besides being an actor, Kristian Nairn doubles up as a remarkable DJ whose performances are equally intriguing as his performances onscreen. What may surprise his fans is, that initially, he didn’t feel too convinced about auditioning for a significant role in the fantasy drama.
In an interview with media people, Nairn revealed how surprised he was upon receiving an invitation to audition for the fantasy series and ended up getting shortlisted in just one attempt! He played the mild-mannered servant to the Stark family, Hodor, with great compassion and finesse leaving an everlasting impact on the audience.
Kristian Nairn – Career
After completing his diploma course in music, Nairn started his musical career as a DJ and produced some great hits that became famous. He produced remixes and mixes for well-known artists such as the Freemasons, Beyonce, and many others. He even got a chance to play for big productions like the Scissor Sisters and Mylo for their tours. His entertaining music also made it to TV shows like BBC and RTE sports programs.
His breakthrough moment came when he bagged the role of Hodor in the Game Of Thrones adaptation, which garnered him instant attention from Hollywood. His performance was highly acclaimed by critics and fans alike and also earned him a nomination at the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series category. He has also acted in other movies like “The Four Warriors” in 2015, “Mythica: The Godslayer” in 2016, and “Robin Hood The Rebellion” released in 2018.
During his illustrious career spanning over two decades, Kristian Nairn has won numerous accolades for his talent. One of his biggest achievements remains, of course, landing up a leading role in the Game of Thrones series that made him a global sensation overnight. Some of the notable awards he has received are:
- Screen Actors Guild Awards- Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
- London Independent Film Festival – Best Supporting Actor (The Appearance)
- Audience awards- Palm Springs International Film Festival (Best Narrative short The Circuit)
- Best Actor – Film premiere award (Love Different)
- X-Dance film Festival- Audience Winner, Best Music Documentary (Underground Sound Of Paris, Paris on the Move)
The Net Worth Details of Kristian Nairn
Kristian Nairn has worked on several significant projects in the entertainment industry. As of 2021, he has accumulated an estimated net worth of $500,000 that corroborates his success as a successful artist.
The LGBTQ Representation
In March 2014, Kristian Nairn opened up about his sexuality, and it made headlines around the world. To his fans, he is known as an inspiration, carrying the torch to represent the LGBTQ+ community. Speaking about his own experience, he stated that stardom comes with its own set of challenges. But that his willingness to take charge and challenge stereotypes about asking someone who doesn’t seem likely to be himself remains a priority in both his professional and personal lives.
The Legacy of Kristian Nairn
Kristian Nairn’s legacy as an exceptional actor and a gifted musician will continue to inspire future generations. He has shown that with determination and sincerity, all barriers and fears could be overcome to lead a fulfilling life in one’s chosen profession. He is an established name in the entertainment industry whose fan base continues to grow for different reasons–musically or dramatically. Hodor’s dialogue “Hodor” gave Hodor a legendary status in TV history and solely Kristian Nairn for causing such emotions after his performance on the show.
Kristian Nairn has created a reputation as a hardworking and skilled artist who is incredibly passionate about his craft. With years of success behind him, he continues to demonstrate what talent and tenacity can accomplish with dedication. From his flawless acting and music compositions, Kristian Nairn’s story reminds us that with determination and consistency, all things are possible. The ultimate star has paved the way for several new talents, who will hopefully follow in his footsteps and make the entertainment industry shine in their own breathtaking ways.
Interesting Facts about Kristian Nairn
- Neurological experts who are fans of the show have speculated that Nairn's character on Game of Thrones (2011) suffers from Expressive Aphasia, in which sufferers can be fully literate, and know & understand everything said to them, but can only speak as little as one or two words, either due to a stroke, aneurysm, head trauma, or other neurological damage to a part of the brain known as Broca's Area (an alternate term for the condition is Broca's Aphasia). Ironically, considering he only repeats "Hodor" on screen, Nairn is known for being quite verbose off-screen.
- A self-confessed "Comic-Con"-type nerd, he is a big fan of comic books and the genres of science-fiction, fantasy and horror in films & TV. Is also an accomplished DJ, having DJ'd at clubs and private parties all over the world.
- In an interview given in 2015, Nairn admitted that when he is not playing the role of the lovable giant 'Hodor' on Game of Thrones, he is very much into the MMO World of Warcraft, even going so far as getting the "Horde" symbol tattooed on his arm.