Basic Information About Michele Carey
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1943-02-26 (80 years old)|
|Place of birth||Annapolis|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||28 December - Fred G. Strebel (1999 - 2011) (his death)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Michele Carey win?
Michele Carey roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|El Dorado||Josephine (Joey) MacDonald|
|It Takes a Thief||Sharon Foster 1 episode, 1970|
|Mission: Impossible||Lisa 1 episode, 1969|
|Love, American Style||Mildred (segment "Love and the Impressionist") 1 episode, 1972|
|The F.B.I.||Meredith Schaeffer 1 episode, 1969|
|The Wild Wild West||Laurette / ... 3 episodes, 1967-1969|
|The Name of the Game||Evvy 1 episode, 1969|
|Burke's Law||Bianca Andrade 1 episode, 1965|
|The Man from U.N.C.L.E.||Maggie 1 episode, 1964|
|Run for Your Life||Margo 1 episode, 1967|
Michele Carey Net Worth
Michele Carey is a renowned American actress known for appearing in several blockbuster movies. Her net worth is estimated at $5 million. The actress was not only popular for her acting skills, but also celebrated for her beauty and charm on screen.
What Michele Carey is Known For?
Michele Carey, best known for her performance in movies like John Wayne’s El Dorado and Elvis Presley’s Live a Little, Love a Little, garnered great fame during her time in the entertainment industry. Apart from working in films, she was a TV icon as well, recognized for her roles in The Wild Wild West as well as The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Early Life and Education
Carey was born in Annapolis, Maryland in February 1943, and was raised there as well. She first discovered her love for music when she won a national contest at the age of 13, which led her to perform with the Rochester Symphony Orchestra–long ahead of her acting career. She later got an opportunity to pursue her passion for acting and modeling and dropped out of college to follow her dreams.
Michele Carey began her acting career with small roles in TV shows like Love on a Rooftop and Garrison’s Gorillas, before her breakthrough in El Dorado alongside John Wayne and Robert Mitchum. In 1967, she appeared in popular comedy movie How to Stuff a Wild Bikini. Her beautiful face and acting talent helped her grab notable roles in the entertainment industry that she later became famous for.
The famous actress soon became hot property in the film industry, earning acclaim for performances in The Sweet Ride and Live a Little, Love a Little alongside Elvis Presley. She has appeared in several other films throughout her career, working with top industry names such as Frank Sinatra and Richard Widmark. Her last on-screen work was in 1987 in the film The Stay Awake. Despite having a successful career, Michele Carey retired from her work to focus on her personal life in the late-80s.
Unfortunately, Michele Carey passed away on 21st November 2018. Though she is no longer with us, her contribution to the entertainment industry has left a mark forever.
Appearing in Popular TV Shows and Films
Michele Carey appeared in a series of popular movies of her time that helped cement her position as one of the top actresses in Hollywood. Her most notable works include El Dorado alongside Hollywood A-listers John Wayne and Robert Mitchum, The Sweet Ride, and Live a Little, Love a Little with Elvis Presley. She was also among the industry’s well-known TV icons, thanks to her contributions in shows like The Wild Wild West, Mission: Impossible, and Gunsmoke. She also had notable recurring roles in shows such as Starsky and Hutch, and Harry O. Her hard work led to critical acclaim and several award nominations over the years.
The world-cinema industry lost a talented actress when the news of Michele Carey’s demise was released. Though she left a mark in Hollywood for portraying various challenging roles, her fame lives on–making her an inspiration for aspiring actresses both within and beyond the American film industry.
Interesting Facts about Michele Carey
- A child prodigy at the piano and later a top Powers model before turning to acting.
- Daughter of a physician from Ft Collins, CO, and graduated from the old Ft. Collins high school off of Remington St.
- Was a capable horseback rider and was adept at shooting a rifle.
- Her father, himself a former NCAA wrestling champion, worked as a wrestling instructor at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD, around the time Michele was born. Her mother gave piano lessons to children.
- Allegedly discovered by Howard Hughes.
- Laid to rest on Sunday, 2 December 2018 in Fort Collins, CO, alongside her parents. Her father, a Fort Collins surgeon, died in early 2018 at age 101.
- Michele Carey's son, Kevin Troy Schwanke (born June 21, 1960), by August L. Schwab, predeceased his mother on November 11, 2017, aged 57. Carey was survived by three grandchildren and two great-grandchildren, as well as her elder sister and two younger brothers (Janine Robberson, Stanley Willard Henson III, and George Henson II).
- After her acting career, Carey found continued success and wealth by "flipping" houses, mostly in Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills, and Malibu.