Basic Information About Milind Soman
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1965-11-04 (58 years old)|
|Place of birth||Scotland|
|Spouse||22 April - Ankita Konwar ( 2018 - present)|
Mylène Jampanoï - (July 2006 - 2009) (divorced)
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Milind Soman win?
A Glimpse at Milind Soman’s Successful Career and Impressive Net Worth
Milind Soman is a man of many talents – an actor, producer, and model. He was born in Scotland, United Kingdom in November 1965 and grew up to become one of the most popular and successful celebrities in India. With his impressive net worth of $20 million dollars, Soman is one of the wealthiest actors in the entertainment industry today.
Early Life and Education
Milind Soman had a humble beginning but was destined for greatness. After completing his early education in Maharashtra, India, he went to the United States to study Electrical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He did not finish school and moved to India where he got his big break in modeling.
After moving to India, Soman started to work as a model and quickly gained popularity for his well-chiseled physique and magnetic charisma. In 1995 he appeared in the highly successful music video ‘Made in India’ by Alisha Chinai and became an overnight sensation. From there, he moved on to film acting and starred in numerous Bollywood films like 16 December, Paiyaa, Bhram, Bheja Fry, Say Salaam India, and many more. The iconic actor also worked in international films such as Asoka, Arn – the Knight Templar, and Valley of Flowers.
Apart from acting, Milind has also made a name for himself in the industry as a producer. In 2003 he produced the movie ‘Rules- Pyaar ka superhit formula’, which went on to be a critical and commercial success.
Environmental Conservation Activism
In 2012 Soman embarked on an ambitious endeavor of running 150 kilometers in 30 days to spread awareness about environmental conservation in India, which earned him a Limca Book Record. Fun fact- He holds an Indian National Swimming Championship for four years and even completed the Ironman Challenge in his first attempt.
Even though he is undoubtedly a beloved public figure in India, Soman has had his share of controversies that come with fame. In one instance, he was involved in an advertisement for Tuff Shoes with fellow model, Madhu Sapre that showed them both posing completely nude with a python wrapped around their naked bodies. The advertisement caused a huge uproar, with religious groups and traditionalists condemning the ad as vulgar and obscene.
Over the course of his impressive career, Milind Soman has accumulated numerous accolades and awards for his outstanding contribution to the industry. Some of his notable wins include the Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Dramatic Series for his role in “Captain Vyom,” which also went on to win the prestigious National Film Award for Best Animation film, also being awarded the top model of the year (1995-96) at the Galaxies Fashion and Style Awards.
The Final Verdict
Milind Soman’s incredible journey from a small-town boy to a global superstar is fascinating and awe-inspiring. Whether you have seen him on the screen or on social media, it is evident that Soman has left a significant impact on the audience with his incredible acting skills and charming personality. With his net worth valued at a whopping $20 million, Milind continues to be in high demand within the industry and will undoubtedly continue entertaining audiences worldwide.
Interesting Facts about Milind Soman
- Born in Scotland and lived in England for seven years before his family moved back to India.
- One of the most successful models in India. He is perhaps best known for his part in Alisha Chinai's hit music video "Made in India".
- Besides acting in Indian movies, he has also acted in a number of English language and other foreign films. Some of them include Valley of Flowers (2006) and the Swedish film Arn: The Knight Templar (2007).
- Met his ex-wife Mylène Jampanoï in the sets of the movie Valley of Flowers (2006).
- Three sister's named Netra, Medha and Anupama.
- Starred in Rajat Rawail's shelved film " Saazish - The Game of Danger" . Co starring Riya Sen, Reshmi Gosh, Aryan Vaid, Rajpal Yadav. This was in 2007.
- Starred in the shelved movie " Pehchaan" (2000) Starring Nana Patekar as villain, Milind Soman as the police officer and Twinkle Khanna. Directed by Sudhanshu Jha.
- Starred in the shelved movie " Adhaar" (2001) Starring Milind Soman, Tara Deshpande, Milind Gunaji.
- Starred in the shelved movie "Wafa"(2003) Starring Milind Soman, Simran, Rakesh Bapat. Produced by Roshan Wadhera, Music by Uttam Singh, Directed by Lawrence D Souza.
- Starred in Pragati Pictures "The Passion" (2004). Produced Roshan Wadhera,Directed by Kammal Thakur. The film got shelved.
- Produced and starred in the film " Phir Zindagi".(2004) Starring Milind Soman, Gul Panag. Produced by Milind Soman and Deepa Sahi. Directed Parvati Balagopalan. The producers first wanted the title "Alvida" but the title rights were with Ramesh Sippy. They then wanted the title "Nimmi" but the rights to the title were with Ram Gopal Varma. They finally settled for Phir Zindagi. The film was completed and unreleased for several years. The film was shown to director Vikas Behl in a private trial. Vikas then took the same story line and made "Queen" with Kangana. He did this knowing Phir Zindagi was having trouble getting a distributor.
- Starred in the shelved film, G.P. Sippy Films "Khafa"(1995) Starring Mukul Dev, Milind Soman,Sonali Bendre,Dharampal,Kader Khan,Persis Khambatta.Music by Rajesh Roshan , Produced by Sunhil Sippy,Viveck Vaswani, Ajit Sippy, Bhikhu Patel,Directed by Anant Balani.
- Parents names are Prabhakar and Usha.
- Was offered Amol Palekar's Daayra but refused it.
- Starred in the shelved movie "India Phir Bhi No.1"(2001) Starring Milind Soman, Tara Deshpande, Directed by Hasan Iztaba.
- Starred in the shelved movie "Signature"( Kaanch -The Broken Glass)(Kahin Aag Na Lag Jaye)(2009) Starring Milind Soman, Shilpa Shetty, Esha Deol,Produced by Bharat Sunesara, Directed by Partho Ghosh.
- Milind Soman was producing a film which got shelved. The film was titled "Miya Biwi Aur TV". Starring Akshaye Khanna,Urmila Matondkar, Directed by Parvati Balagopalan. This was in 2003.
- Starred in the shelved movie "Meeting Se Meeting Tak"(2007) Dino Morea,Priyanka Sharma, Milind Soman, Nauheed Cyrusi,Simone Singh, Produced by Narendra Bajaj, Shyam Bajaj, Directed by Anant Mahadevan.