Basic Information About Shahid Kapoor
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1981-02-25 (42 years old)|
|Place of birth||Delhi|
|Spouse||7 July - Mira Rajput Kapoor ( 2015 - present) (2 children)|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Shahid Kapoor win?
Shahid Kapoor awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Popular Award - Best Actor in a Leading Role||Nominee||Kabir Singh||2020|
|Apsara Award - Best Actor - Movie||Winner||Haider||2015|
|Popular Award - Best Actor in a Leading Role||Winner||Haider||2015|
|Filmfare Award - Best Actor||Winner||Haider||2015|
|GQ Award - Actor of the Year||Winner||Haider||2015|
|Screen Award - Best Actor||Winner||Haider||2015|
|Reader's Choice - Best Actor in a Drama||Winner||Haider||2014|
Shahid Kapoor Net Worth Details
Shahid Kapoor is an Indian actor who has accumulated a net worth of $70 million. He has made his fortune through his successful acting career in Bollywood, raking in impressive paychecks for each project he has worked on.
What is Shahid Kapoor known for?
Shahid Kapoor is a well-known Bollywood actor who has made a name for himself in the industry with his striking talent and versatility. He has won several accolades throughout his career, including four Filmfare Awards, for best actor, best male debut, best supporting actor, and critics award for best actor.
Early life and Education
Shahid was born on February 25, 1981, in Delhi, India to actors Pankaj Kapoor and Neelima Azeem. His parents divorced when he was just three years old, and he was raised by his mother. He attended Gyan Bharati School in Delhi before moving to Mumbai with his mother at the age of ten.
In Mumbai, Shahid attended the Mithibai College but dropped out to pursue his career in acting. Before making it big, Shahid performed in music videos and worked as a background dancer. It was his determination and hard work that helped him break into the mainstream and become a successful Bollywood actor.
Shahid’s journey started with the movie “Ishq Vishk”, which was produced by Ken Ghosh. It was an instant hit and brought Shahid into the limelight. Shahid was praised by fans and critics alike for his performance and won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for his role in the film.
He followed up his successful debut with movies like “Fida,” “Shikhar,” “Vivah,” and “Jab We Met.” His performances in “Kaminey” and “Haider” were particularly well-received and earned him critical acclaim. Some of his other notable works include “Udta Punjab”, “Kabir Singh”, and “Padmavati” among others.
Throughout his career, Shahid Kapoor has won numerous accolades including the Filmfare Awards for Best Actor, Best Male Debut, Best Supporting Actor, and Critics Award for Best Actor. He is also a recipient of the National Award for his work in the movie “Haider.”
Apart from acting, Shahid is also known for his dance moves and has been a judge on the popular dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. He has also endorsed several brands and has appeared in many advertisements over the years.
Shahid Kapoor married Mira Rajput in 2015, and the couple has two children together, Misha and Zain. Shahid is known for his active presence on social media and often shares pictures and videos of himself and his family on various platforms.
As one of Bollywood’s most renowned actors, Shahid Kapoor’s journey has been a truly inspiring one. From dropping out of college to pursuing his passion for acting, Shahid has achieved tremendous success through hard work and perseverance. With several movies under his belt and a massive net worth, there is no doubt that Shahid Kapoor will continue to dominate the Bollywood industry for years to come.
Interesting Facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Son of Pankaj Kapur
- Son of Neelima Azim
- Half-brother of Ishaan Khattar.
- Stepson of Supriya Pathak
- Step cousin to Bollywood actors Imaaddudin Shah and Vivaan Shah.
- Nephew of Bollywood Superstar Naseeruddin Shah. Shahid's step mom is Supriya Pathak. Supriya Pathak's sister is Ratna Pathak. Ratna is the wife of Naseeruddin Shah.
- Starred in Sunil Shetty's Popcorn Entertainment's shelved film. Co starring Ajay Devgan . Directed by Priyadarshan. This was 2004.
- Starred in Bobby Khan's shelved film " Kahin To Milegi" (2003). Starring Shahid Kapur and two new comers The film was to be shot in South Africa. Shahid signed the film before Ishq Vishq released.
- Starred in Suneel Darshan's shelved film directed by Manish Malhotra. Starring Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. This was in 2004.
- Has been married to student Mira Rajput Kapoor since 7th July 2015.
- Was first choice for the role Karan R. Singhania (ak Shaheed E Azam) In Rang De Basanti.
- Was first choice for the role Kaali Pratap Singh in Kaal.
- Half brother of Ruhaan Kapur.
- Half brother of Sanah Kapur. She is engaged to actor Manoj Pahwa son Mayank.
- Won best actor Filmfare award for the movie Haider in 2015.
- Became a father for the 1st time at age 35 when his wife Mira Kapoor gave birth to their daughter on 26th August 2016.
- Mother name is Neelima Azeem. Neelima mother's name was Khadija Azim. She had famous poets in her family. She belongs to the family of KA Abbas. Neelima Azim father Anwar Azim, was a prominent journalist and Urdu author. Neelima is the grandniece of director Khwaja Abbas.
- Was offered Sharman Joshi's role in Style. He declined the film and waited two more years to debut.
- Was approached for the film Professor and Musician but declined it due to date problems. Starring Amitabh Bachchan,Tabu (replaced Madhuri Dixit) Boman Irani. Directed by Somnath Sen. The film was eventually shelved.
- Signed Ramesh Sippy's untitled film that was to be directed by Rohit Shetty. It got shelved . This was in 2007.