Basic Information About Heather Matarazzo
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1982-11-10 (41 years old)|
|Place of birth||Town of Oyster Bay|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Heather Turman - (11 November 2018 - present)|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Heather Matarazzo win?
Heather Matarazzo awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Fright Meter Award - Best Supporting Actress||Nominee||Hostel: Part II||2007|
|YoungStar Award - Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama Film||Nominee||54||1999|
|Chlotrudis Award - Best Actress||Nominee||Welcome to the Dollhouse||1997|
|Independent Spirit Award - Best Debut Performance||Winner||Welcome to the Dollhouse||1997|
|Golden Satellite Award - Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical||Nominee||Welcome to the Dollhouse||1997|
|Young Artist Award - Best Performance in a TV Drama Series - Supporting Young Actress||Nominee||Now and Again||2000|
|YoungStar Award - Best Young Actress/Performance in a Drama TV Series||Nominee||Now and Again||2000|
Heather Matarazzo roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|The Devil's Advocate||Barbara|
|Hostel: Part II||Lorna|
|The Princess Diaries||Lilly Moscovitz|
|The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement||Lilly Moscovitz|
|Scream 3||Martha Meeks|
|Welcome to the Dollhouse||Dawn Wiener|
|Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot||Shannon|
|Strike!||Theresa 'Tweety' Goldberg|
|Grey's Anatomy||Joan Paulson 2 episodes, 2015|
|Townies||Bethany 4 episodes, 1996|
|Law & Order||Janice Dunlap / ... 2 episodes, 1998-2008|
|The L Word||Stacy Merkin 4 episodes, 2007|
|ER||Alyssa Gunther 1 episode, 1997|
|Roseanne||Heather 4 episodes, 1997|
|The Adventures of Pete & Pete||Natasha 2 episodes, 1993|
|Strangers with Candy||Renee 1 episode, 2000|
|Life on Mars||June 1 episode, 2008|
|Now and Again||Heather Wiseman 22 episodes, 1999-2000|
|Late Night with Conan O'Brien||Self - Guest 1 episode, 1996|
Heather Matarazzo's Quotes
- On living in Los Angeles: "I can't ever see myself living there - I'm a true New Yorker."
- "We were sitting in my pink room with pink carpeting. It was summer and we were sitting Indian-style across from each other and I was so incredibly nervous. And I thought, `Yeah, I am definitely gay.'" - On her first kiss with a girl.
The Life and Career of Heather Matarazzo
Heather Matarazzo is an American actress who has been in the entertainment industry for over three decades. She has won numerous awards for her acting ability and is widely recognized for her roles in many movies and television series. In this article, we will discuss Heather Matarazzo’s net worth, her biography, personal life, career achievements and answer popular questions about her.
Net Worth Details
Currently, Heather Matarazzo’s net worth is estimated to be around $450 thousand. She surely is a talented actress and has earned quite a good reputation in the industry. Being an artist as well as an advocate for LGBTQ+ rights, Heather Matarazzo has managed to create a remarkable impact in the industry.
What is Heather Matarazzo known for?
Heather Matarazzo is best known for her exceptional acting abilities in various movies, including ‘Welcome to the Dollhouse,’ ‘The Princess Diaries,’ ‘Hostel: Part II’ and many more.
Early life and education
Heather Amy Matarazzo was born in Oyster Bay, New York, in November 1982. She has two siblings, a brother named Patrick and a sister named Heather. Her mother, Camille, was a homemaker, and her father, Ray, was a data-processing worker. Heather grew up in Long Island before moving to New York City for her studies.
At the age of six, she started venturing into acting after she did an improvisation performance, which won an award. Later on, at the age of ten, she performed on a local cable TV show called “Villa Alegre”–and it did not end there. By 12, Heather got her first break into professional acting and starred in the TV series ‘The Adventures of Pete & Pete.’
In 1995, Heather was instrumental in creating a buzz in the industry with her performance as Dawn Wiener in the movie ‘Welcome to the Dollhouse.’ The movie received praise for Heather’s outstanding work, making her an instant hit among the audience and grabbing the attention of many notable production companies. She won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance for this movie, leading up to her being nominated in two categories, including Young Artist Award and Satellite Award.
Heather has since put together an incredible acting career and has been involved in numerous impressive acting projects throughout her career. She starred as Lilly Moscovitz in the successful film ‘The Princess Diaries,’ alongside Julie Andrews and Ann Hathaway. The role not only landed her the recognition of industry insiders but also immensely helped to showcase her versatility in acting. Heather represented brilliantly onscreen the part of Lilly Moscovitz during her performance, which added a fun-loving feel to the movie.
Heather Matarazzo’s next notable role was in the film ‘Hostel: Part II,’ in which she played the character of Lorna. In addition to these movies, Heather has worked on various television series, including ‘Roseanne,’ ‘Now and Again,’ ‘Exes & Os’, among many others.
Heather Matarazzo came out as a gay woman quite early on in her life. She has stood as a force for people belonging to the LGBTQ+ community and used her platform to show undying support and positivity towards them.
In November 2018, Heather Matarazzo came out as a happily married woman when he walked down the aisle with Heather Turman, a comedian. Throughout their relationship, they never shied away from sharing their love for one another on social media.
Heather Matarazzo has been awarded numerous awards and has also got several nominations for various works that she had done over the years in the entertainment industry. She has been nominated twice for the Independent Spirit Award and once for Young Artist Award and the Satellite Award.
Some of her notable works, which created a significant impact in the industry include movies such as ‘Welcome to the Doll House,’ ‘The Devil’s Advocate,’ ‘Scream 3,’ and ‘The Princess Diaries.’ Heather’s contribution to movies and television series through her craft of acting has consequently had her create a positive impact among many viewers and critics worldwide.
Are Heather and Gaten Matarazzo related?
Many fans believe that Heather and Gaten Matarazzo, a young actor best known for his work on ‘Stranger Things,’ are related. It’s important to note that they aren’t related by blood despite sharing the same unique surname. This caused some confusion, which was quickly dispelled.
Heather Matarazzo represents one of the most renowned actresses of her generation to contribute immensely to the entertainment industry. With a career spanning over three decades, she managed to showcase her versatility, enormous talent, and passion for the art of acting. From being recognized at a young age for her performance in ‘Welcome to the Dollhouse’ to getting nominated for several awards, including the Independent Spirit Award and Young Artist Awards, Heather has proven herself time and time again to be an immensely gifted actress.
Heather also has continued to be an advocate for the LGBTQ+ community, bringing forward issues and promoting acceptance. It’s safe to say that her influence as an artist and influencer have garnered her immense respect over the years and helped to shape and inspire the industry positively.
Interesting Facts about Heather Matarazzo
- Her homemaker mom, Camille, and dad Ray - a data processor - live on Long Island.
- Heather flunked the written part of her driving test, missing 11 of 20 questions. [September 1999]
- Won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance for her starring role in Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995).
- Attended BOCES Cultural Arts Center for musical theatre.
- She Became great friends with Anne Hathaway during the shooting of The Princess Diaries (2001). They still call each other frequently and hope to be friends for the rest of their lives.
- In April 2005, she was the keynote speaker at the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network of Boston's 15th annual conference, at Brookline High School, where she described her struggle to gain acceptance of her sexuality. "It was such a burden, because I had to pretend to be this person that I wasn't."
- Turned down reprising the role of Dawn Wiener in Palindromes (2004).
- She is of completely Irish descent and was adopted by an Italian-American family, hence her surname.
- Attended a GLSEN conference as the keynote speaker in Brookline, Massachusetts. [April 2005]
- Starring with Thaao Penghlis in the world premiere of "Class", by Charles Evered, at Cape May Stage in Cape May, NJ. [May 2010]
- Moving to Los Angeles [April 2002]
- She is not the mother of Gaten Matarazzo, whose mother is also named Heather.
- Heather wrote an article on her blog entitled 'What the fuck is fuckable' on 6th February 2015, which was in turn featured on Huffington Post on 7th April 2016. The article addressed the issue of beauty and looks in the film industry which arose from an incident where Heather was fired from a movie just 2 weeks before filming began despite having stayed committed to the project for 2 years. The director broke the news to her and said her firing was the producers' decision, citing her as not being 'fuckable' for the movie. Heather used the article to vehemently protest against Charlize Theron's claims that she (Theron) had been passed up for roles because of her looks in an interview entitled 'Pretty People Get Turned Away First For Serious Roles' for British GQ magazine for their April 2016 issue.
- She was scheduled to be at a meeting on the 15th floor of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, shortly after the attacks occurred, but she overslept.
- She is Irish-American. Her biological father was from Knock in County Mayo, Ireland.