Basic Information About Karisma Kapoor
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1974-06-25 (49 years old)|
|Place of birth||Mumbai|
|Spouse||29 September - Sanjay Kapur ( 2003 - 31 March 2016) (divorced) (2 children)|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Karisma Kapoor win?
Karisma Kapoor – The Bollywood Superstar with $12 Million Net Worth
Karisma Kapoor is one of the leading actresses in the Indian film industry. Born in Mumbai into a family of filmmakers and actors, she made her mark in Bollywood by delivering exceptional performances onscreen and has won many accolades for her work. She has worked in over 60 Hindi films in a career spanning five decades, and her success has brought her a net worth of $12 million dollars.
Early Life and Education
Karisma was born in 1974 to actor Randhir Kapoor and his wife, actress Babita. She comes from an illustrious family that has been part of the Indian film industry for generations. When Karisma was a child, her grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor had already established himself as a respected name in the industry, followed by her father and uncle Rishi Kapoor. Even her sister Kareena Kapoor Khan is an acclaimed actress.
After completing her schooling, Karisma took up arts from Sophia College, Mumbai; however, she only pursued it for a year. She wanted to explore her passion for acting and movies.
What is Karisma Kapoor Known for?
Karisma Kapoor is best known for her acting skills and exceptional work in the Hindi film industry. Many of her movies were box-office successes, making her not just commercially successful, but also critically acclaimed. Her breakthrough role came in 1996 with the blockbuster hit “Raja Hindustani,” where she played the lead opposite Aamir Khan. Her success can be measured by the fact that she is named among the greatest Bollywood actresses and hailed as a superstar by many.
Karishma kickstarted her career in 1991 with the film “Prem Qaidi,” following which she starred in a number of films. She gave many hit movies in her career, but “Raja Hindustani” marked the turning point in her career. After this movie, she was shown tremendous love by the audience. Not to forget, she gave equally phenomenal performances in movies like “Coolie No. 1,” “Hero No. 1,” “Biwi No. 1,” and “Dil To Pagal Hai”.
Some other notable films from Karisma Kapoor’s portfolio include “Fiza,” “Chal Mere Bhai,” “Shakti: The Power,” “Zubeidaa”, and more. She also ventured into the small screen with a fictional mini-series, “Karishma – The Miracles of Destiny” in 2003.
In 2004, Karisma took a brief break from the film industry after marriage. During this time, she had two children. In 2011, she made a comeback with “Dangerous Ishq,” a thriller movie that was however not a success on the big screen. Nevertheless, Karisma continued to pursue her acting passion and started working on various other projects.
Awards and Achievements
Karisma has won numerous accolades throughout her career and is among the most decorated actresses in Bollywood.
- With four Filmfare Awards to her name, she is one of the most celebrated actresses of all time.
- She has won awards for Best Actress for her performances in “Fiza” and “Zubeidaa”.
- She has also been awarded with National Film Award and International Indian Film Academy Award.
In addition to her onscreen success, Karisma is also known for her fashion sense and her charity work. She is actively involved in philanthropic activities and supports various NGOs.
Karisma has had her share of personal struggles but has still managed to rise to the top. She was married to industrialist Sanjay Kapur from 2003 to 2016, and the ex-couple has two children – daughter Samiera and son Kiaan.
Despite her separation, Karisma has a great rapport with her family and is often seen socializing with them. Her sister Kareena Kapoor Khan also happens to be an acclaimed actress and the two sisters have worked together in many films from “Raja Hindustani” to the “Zubeidaa.”
Karisma Kapoor is one of the greatest actresses in the history of Indian cinema and her journey has been nothing short of incredible. Even though she has taken a break from acting, she remains an iconic figure within the film industry. Her hard work, talent, and dedication have brought her a net worth of $12 million and a place in the hearts of millions of fans who adore her.
Interesting Facts about Karisma Kapoor
- She has won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress 1996 for her role as Arthi in Raja Hindustani (1996).
- Karisma has won the National Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) as also the Filmfare and Zee award in the same category.
- Her great grandfather (Prithviraj Kapoor), her grandfather (Raj Kapoor) and his two brothers (Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor), her mother (Babita Kapoor), her father (Randhir Kapoor) and his two brothers (Rishi Kapoor and Rajiv Kapoor) have all been film stars over the last fifty years and her sister (Kareena Kapoor) have been acting in Bollywood flicks keeping it all within the family.
- Granddaughter of Raj Kapoor.
- Hindi megastar.
- Was offered Rani Mukerji's role in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998).
- Older sister of Kareena Kapoor.
- Her green eyes are the trademark of the Kapoor family. She was the first woman and the fifth generation in the Kapoor's clan to have green eyes.
- Daughter of actor and director Randhir Kapoor and Babita Kapoor.
- Formerly engaged to Abhishek Bachchan (2002)
- Great grand-daughter of film actor Prithviraj Kapoor and great great granddaughter of Dewan Basheswarnath Kapoor. She is the 4th in line of a generation of filmstars (a world record).
- Had her own TV series on Sahara TV called "Karishma." She played three different roles.
- Did not attend her cousin, Riddhima Kapoor's wedding on Wednesday 25 January 2006. Also absent from this ceremony were her mother, Babita, and sister, Kareena. Riddhima is the daughter of her uncle Rishi Kapoor and aunt, Neetu Singh.
- Her nickname "lolo" is from the Hollywood actress Gina Lollobrigida.
- Grandaughter of actor Hari Shivdasani.
- Neice of actors Karan , Kunal , Sanjana Kapoor ( Shashi Kapoor's children).
- Her mother's aunt is classic actress Sadhana. However in 2013, Sadhana confirmed that she and Babita don't keep in touch with each other because of a family problem.
- Neice of Aditya Raj Kapoor and Kanchan Desai ( Shammi Kapoor's children).
- Niece of actor Jatin Sial ( Randhir ' s aunt Urmila Sial son).
- Neice of actor Jatin Sial ( Dads cousin. Urmila Sial's son).