What Movie Awards did Mike Colter win?
Mike Colter awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Image Award - Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Luke Cage||2017|
|MTV Movie + TV Award - Best Hero||Nominee||Luke Cage||2017|
|Saturn Award - Best Actor in a Television Series||Nominee||Evil||2021|
|Critics Choice Award - Best Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Evil||2020|
|CCA Super Award - Best Actor in a Horror Series||Nominee||Evil||2021|
Mike Colter roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Salt||CIA Tactical Leader|
|Million Dollar Baby||Big Willie Little|
|Zero Dark Thirty||Mike - DEVGRU|
|Men in Black 3||Colonel|
|Girls Trip||Stewart Pierce|
|Black and Blue||Darius|
|Criminal Minds||Colin Bramwell 1 episode, 2013|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Samuel Mbazzi 1 episode, 2009|
|Blue Bloods||Cliff Reacher 1 episode, 2011|
|Jessica Jones||Luke Cage 8 episodes, 2015-2019|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 3 episodes, 2019-2020|
|The Kelly Clarkson Show||Self / ... 2 episodes, 2019-2020|
|ER||Watts 1 episode, 2002|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Dave Oldren 1 episode, 2007|
|Luke Cage||Luke Cage / ... 26 episodes, 2016-2018|
|Evil||David Acosta 14 episodes, 2019-2021|
|Social Distance||Ike 1 episode, 2020|
|The Following||Nick Donovan 8 episodes, 2013-2015|
|The Parkers||Lamar 1 episode, 2002|
|Halo: Nightfall||Locke 5 episodes, 2014|
|Ringer||Malcolm Ward 16 episodes, 2011-2012|
|The Talk||Self / ... 3 episodes, 2016-2019|
|The Late Show with Stephen Colbert||Self 1 episode, 2018|
|Watch What Happens: Live||Self 1 episode, 2018|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self 1 episode, 2019|
|Comedy Bang! Bang!||Self 1 episode, 2016|
|Royal Pains||Officer Tanner 1 episode, 2010|
|Seis Manos||Brister 8 episodes, 2019|
|The Daily Show||Self 2 episodes, 2016-2018|
|Monsterland||Brian Cooke 1 episode, 2020|
|A Little Late with Lilly Singh||Self 1 episode, 2021|
|Agent X||Miles Lathem 10 episodes, 2015|
|Conan||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2016|
Mike Colter's Quotes
- As an actor, you're trying to capture the nuances of real life, but voice work is almost over-acting.
- As an actor, you just want to continue to work on things that you like. You can be in this business a long time and consistently working and just be totally artistically unfulfilled.
- As artists, we are so not in control most of the time of the content or the narrative of our characters, and sometimes writing takes a turn and it's not something we necessarily have control over. It's just a lot of random dumb luck, so when things click, you've just got to enjoy it.
- Ridley Scott was part of the production team on 'The Good Wife.' I auditioned on my iPhone, and it moved very quickly after that, as they thought I was right for the role, and pretty soon I was filming in Iceland for two months.
- I'm always game for creating a new character, and I liked the idea of putting something new into the 'Halo' universe.
Mike Colter: The Accomplishments and Net Worth of Luke Cage
Mike Colter, born in Columbia, South Carolina spent most of his childhood in St. Matthews, South Carolina. Being a brilliant student, it did not take him long to earn his bachelor’s degree in theater from the University of South Carolina. Later on, he shadowed his talent by achieving an MFA degree from Rutgers University as well.
What is Mike Colter known for?
Mike Colter earned fame for his portrayal of Marvel Comics character Luke Cage in Netflix’s TV Show “Luke cage”. Besides, He has also been recognized for his roles in renowned TV series including The Good Wife, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Blue Bloods, and Criminal minds.
Early Life and Education
Born on August 26th, 1976, Mike was involved in many extracurricular activities during his school time like Football and Wrestling. After accruing his Bachelor’s degree, he decided to pursue his dream of acting professionally and went on to study at Rutgers University’s Mason Gross School of the Arts.
During his time in Rutgers, Mike had a paramount opportunity to meet Carrie Preston & William Lucking, 2 professional actors who mentored him and helped to hone his skills. Their remarkable help and his readiness to learn gave rise to one of the best Actors of this era.
The journey to the zenith for Colter was not smooth in the early days as he appeared in humble roles in television series including ER” the Parkers’ – yet the hard work and dedication that he put into his craft cannot be underestimated.
Colter caught media attention following his impeccable performance in Marvel’s Luke Cage, where he assumed the title role in Netflix’s series, released in 2016. With his impressive performance, he has gained numerous acting roles, such as Agent Lemond Bishop in the critically acclaimed “The Good Wife.” Further to showcase his acting versatility, Colter has worked behind the scenes as a Producer and served predominantly under important support roles in both popular TV Shows and movies.
Mike not only has proved his mettle as an expert actor over the years but has also earned numerous accolades for his exemplary performances.
- In 2017 he was nominated at Screen Actors Guild Awards for the “Luke Cage” series.
- In 2019 he was also nominated for the NAACP Image Award in the category of Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series.
Despite his contributions to the industry, this award-winning actor’s net worth is just over $2 million. His continued accomplishments could see this figure increase quickly.
Interesting facts about Mike Colter
- Colter convinced his wife, Iva Colter, to go out with him by speaking Swahili.
- Mike convinced Marvel bosses that he was best suited for Luke Cage even though it was a character that had been specifically written for a heavyweight build.
- Mike Colter’s voice was the inspiration for “Silverback,” a playable character in the multiplayer game “Halo 5: Guardians” due to his unique voice and commanding depiction as Agent Locke on “Halo: Nightfall”.
- He made a guest appearance in Netflix’s Jessica Jones and also had noteworthy cameos in other Marvel Netflix productions like Daredevil and Iron Fist.
To date, Colter has managed to establish his name creatively that others only dream. Due to his real-life personality and possessing an incredibly versatile skill set as an actor, the future prospects regarding the big screens look very bright indeed.
Interesting Facts about Mike Colter
- Received his M.F.A. from Rutgers University in 2001 with classmate Andrea Anders.
- Trained at Trinity Boxing Gym with Martin Snow.
- His brother is a secret service agent.
- Performed voice-over work on Ken Burns documentary The War (2007) but his work was cut the final edit.
- Graduated from Calhoun County High School where he was voted most ambitious in his Senior Class.
- Close friend of actor Assaf Cohen.
- Gained 15 pounds of muscle before filming began for Million Dollar Baby (2004).
- Briefly studied Chekhov technique with Lenard Petit while at Rutgers.
- New York, N.Y. USA. Filming Men in Black 3. Due for release in 2012. [April 2011]
- Working on a the film Taking Chance. Starring Kevin Bacon, directed by Ross Katz due for release in 2008. [August 2007]
- Amman, Jordan: Working on "Zero Dark Thirty". Due for release in Dec. 2012 [April 2012]
- Offered a role in Hot Pursuit (2015) but had to pass because of scheduling conflicts.
- Gained 30lbs by the time Marvel's Luke Cage began filming.
- Counts Game of Thrones (2011) as one of his favorite TV shows.
- Has two daughters.
- Second cousin of Viola Davis. His paternal grandmother and her maternal grandfather were siblings.