Basic Information About Paul Adelstein
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Singer, Musician|
|Date of birth||1969-04-29 (54 years old)|
|Place of birth||Chicago|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Liza Weil - (November 2006 - 9 November 2017) (divorced) (1 child)|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Paul Adelstein win?
Paul Adelstein roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Memoirs of a Geisha||Lieutenant Hutchins|
|My Best Friend's Wedding||Brunch Guest (uncredited)|
|Land of the Lost||Astronaut (voice)|
|Be Cool||Hy Gordon|
|The Grifters||Sailor - Young Paul|
|Mothers and Daughters||Peter|
|Brooklyn Nine-Nine||Seamus Murphy 3 episodes, 2017-2018|
|Grey's Anatomy||Dr. Cooper Freedman 2 episodes, 2007|
|Prison Break||Paul Kellerman 48 episodes, 2005-2017|
|Scrubs||Dr. Stone 1 episode, 2006|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Dr. Neil Alexander / ... 1 episode, 2003-2015|
|Chicago P.D.||Jason Crawford 6 episodes, 2019-2020|
|Scandal||Leo Bergen 18 episodes, 2013-2017|
|ER||Hank Loman / ... 2 episodes, 1999-2002|
|Imposters||Shelly Cohen 4 episodes, 2018|
|The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel||Oscar Lehman 1 episode, 2019|
|Las Vegas||Alex Brooks 1 episode, 2004|
|Medium||Craig 1 episode, 2005|
|Private Practice||Dr. Cooper Freedman 111 episodes, 2007-2013|
|Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law||Murro 1 episode, 2005|
|Watch What Happens: Live||Self 1 episode, 2018|
|Get Shorty||Wes Krupke 4 episodes, 2017-2018|
|I Feel Bad||David Sweetzer / ... 13 episodes, 2018|
|Chance||Raymond Blackstone 10 episodes, 2016|
Paul Adelstein: Talented Actor with $2 million net worth
Paul Adelstein is a well-known American actor famous for portraying versatile characters in both TV series and movies. With his captivating performances, the actor has amassed a net worth of $2 million. The 52-year-old Paul has been successful in making his mark in the entertainment industry with his incredible acting skills, screen presence as well as his versatility in acting. In this article, we’ll get to know Paul Adelstein’s biography, achievements, and his journey in the entertainment world.
What is Paul Adelstein known for?
Paul Adelstein has attained prominence for his excellent performances in various TV shows, including Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce (since 2014), Private Practice (2007-2013), Prison Break (2005-2009), and Scandal (2013-2014). The actor has also worked in several notable movies throughout his career.
Early life and education
Paul Adelstein was born in April 1969 in Chicago, Illinois. He developed an enthusiasm for music from an early age and learned to play many musical instruments, including drumming, acoustic guitar, and bass guitar. Later, he developed an interest in acting and began pursuing it as a career. He attended and graduated from Bowdoin College in Maine before enrolling at the Tisch School of Arts at New York University.
Paul began his professional journey working in theater after attending NYU. He started by performing in theatrical plays of the Steppenwolf Theatre Company, which led to his first film debut, The Grifters in 199. In 1998–1999, he landed a significant role as “Mike” in the TV series Cupid. That same year, Paul acted in Arnold Schwarzenegger’s movie Collateral Damage. He continued to get noteworthy parts in movies like Be Cool, Intolerable Cruelty, and Memoirs of a Geisha.
In 2003, Adelstein entered the television industry, and from 2005 to 2009, he was acclaimed for his portrayal of the stubborn and law-defying Paul Kellerman in the TV show Prison Break. He was lauded for being one of the show’s villains, which eventually opened doors for even more roles.
Adelstein’s other memorable appearances include Scrubs (2009), Lost (201), and Private Practice (2007–2013) where he enchanted the audience as Dr. Cooper Freedman. Several critics noted he played the part of Dr. Freedman well and made it unforgettable. Moreover, the famous TV series Scandal has his name associated with it, where he played Leo Bergen.
The artist has received acclaim from his fans as well as prominent critics for his stunning acting. Ironically, the actor did not win many formal awards despite his illustrious career in Hollywood. Nevertheless, a person with his skill and achievements can never go unnoticed in the world of entertainment. His roles in shows like Prison Break and Private Practice will forever be marked in history as two of the best he ever portrayed on-screen.
Paul Adelstein’s hard work, rigorous work schedule throughout numerous series and movies have won him immense recognition and admiration from his audiences worldwide. His journey is proof that if you are passionate about a career, there is no limit to how far you can succeed.
In conclusion, for someone to journey from lesser-known days of theatre to a successful Hollywood actor, Adelstein has come a long way. He has proved he is capable of portraying roles of various formats and achieved success over the years. The audience wants to see more of this talented artist on-screen in the future. Paul Adelstein is an inspiration to many young, aspiring actors who wish to explore and showcase their talents and bring diverse characters to life through art and creativity.
Interesting Facts about Paul Adelstein
- Engaged to Liza Weil [May 2006].
- Lead singer and guitarist of the band "Doris".
- Attended Bowdoin College where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa and summa cum laude with a degree in English.
- He began his career in theater, working with New Crime Productions, a company founded by John Cusack, and later with the Steppenwolf Theatre Company.
- Father of his 1st child with Liza Weil a daughter named Josehpine Elizabeth Weil-Adelstein was born on April 20, 2010.
- Has played two different characters named "Kellerman", Steven Kellerman (Law & Order: SVU Season4, Episode14) and Paul Kellerman (Prison Break).
- The first job he got after moving from Chicago to Los Angeles was Prison Break, which filmed in Chicago.
- Was cast as the character of Burke in Grey's Anatomy before Isaiah Washington, but had to turn down the role when filming of the film Be Cool got extended.
- He and wife Liza Weil are regular actors Shonda Rhimes's series, but have never appeared together on screen in one of these shows.
- The role of Leo on Scandal was written specifically for him.
- Was in a motorcycle accident with friend Nick Offerman when both were living in Chicago and appearing together in the play A Clockwork Orange at the Steppenwolf Theater.
- Was original asked to be a guest star on the pilot of Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce, but after signing on he was made a cast member and asked to join the series as a writer and creative consultant.
- Worked as a waiter with Kate Walsh at the Bucktown's Café du Midi in Chicago before they were cast opposite one another in Private Practice.