What Movie Awards did Skye McCole Bartusiak win?
Skye McCole Bartusiak awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Young Artist Award - Best Performance in a Feature Film - Young Actress Age Ten or Under||Nominee||Riding in Cars with Boys||2002|
Skye McCole Bartusiak roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|The Patriot||Susan Martin|
|The Cider House Rules||Hazel (as Sky McCole-Bartusiak)|
|Don't Say a Word||Jessie Conrad|
|Riding in Cars with Boys||Amelia - Age 8|
|Lost||Young Kate (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jennifer 1 episode, 2000|
|JAG||Rachel Sherkston 1 episode, 1999|
|Frasier||Girl with Drawing 1 episode, 2000|
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Susan Lester 1 episode, 2005|
|24||Megan Matheson 8 episodes, 2002-2003|
|George Lopez||L'il Bit 2 episodes, 2004|
Skye McCole Bartusiak's Quotes
- I'm looking for a Santa Claus movie because I know the real Santa, and I bet I can get him to do it.
- It's a lot easier for grown-ups, for kids on set, it's always, `Go to school, go to school.'
- There are lots of people I'd like to work with. It would be fun to be in a movie with Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen.
- My parents met in the theatre and I thought that was so romantic. My dad was a scenic designer and my mom was a dancer, and that's how they met, they met in the theatre. And I thought, yes!, I get to be like my mom and my dad.
Remembering Skye McCole Bartusiak: The Talented Young Actress
With her sweet smile and infectious personality, Skye McCole Bartusiak left a lasting impression on her viewers. Unfortunately, her promising career was cut short when she passed away at the young age of 21. Nevertheless, she will always be remembered as one of the most talented and beloved actresses of her generation. In this article, we will take a closer look at Skye’s life and legacy.
Net Worth Details
According to recent reports, Skye McCole Bartusiak had an estimated net worth of $250 thousand at the time of her death. She had earned most of her wealth from her acting career, which spanned over a decade.
What is Skye McCole Bartusiak Known For?
Skye McCole Bartusiak was an American actress known for her roles in both movies and television shows. She made her debut in 1999 with a role in the TV mini-series Storm of the Century and went on to appear in several films, including The Cider House Rules, The Patriot, and Don’t Say a Word.
Early Life and Education
Skye was born on September 28, 1992, in Houston, Texas. Her parents were Raymond Donald Bartusiak and Helen McCole. As a child, Skye showed an interest in acting and took part in several stage productions. She later attended St. Thomas High School, where she continued to pursue her passion for acting.
At just six years old, Skye got her first big break when she landed a role in Stephen King’s mini-series, Storm of the Century. From there, she went on to star in several movies and TV shows. One of her most notable roles was in the movie The Patriot, where she played the daughter of Mel Gibson’s character.
Skye was also a talented voice actor and lent her voice to several animated movies and TV shows. One of her most recent roles was in the short film, Frame of Reference, which was released in 2013.
Tragically, Skye passed away on July 19, 2014, at the age of 21. She was found at her home in Houston and was pronounced dead at the scene. Though the exact cause of her death is unknown, it is suspected that she died from an accidental overdose of the prescription medication she was taking to treat seizures.
Throughout her career, Skye McCole Bartusiak received widespread recognition for her outstanding performances in movies and television. She won a Camie award in 2003 for Love Comes Softly and was nominated for two Young Artist Awards.
Bartusiak’s memorable roles in movies like The Patriot, Don’t Say a Word, and Riding in Cars with Boys helped her earn a place in the hearts of millions of fans all over the world. Her incredible talent and sweet spirit will always be remembered and cherished by those who knew her or followed her career.
Skye McCole Bartusiak’s heartbreaking death left a void in the world of entertainment that will never be filled. However, it is comforting to know that her work and talent live on through the movies, TV shows, and short films she participated in during her short but incredibly productive career.
Thank you, Skye McCole Bartusiak, for showing us what it truly means to be a talented actress and an admirable human being. Rest in peace.
Interesting Facts about Skye McCole Bartusiak
- Enjoyed singing, gymnastics, and horseback riding.
- Studied guitar.
- Had a Maltese named Pippa, which she adopted in April 2001. It is named after her character in Storm of the Century (1999).
- Younger sister of Stephen Dylan Bartusiak.
- Played the young Charlie McGee in the TV sequel to Firestarter (1984), a role originated by Drew Barrymore, her co-star in Riding in Cars with Boys (2001).
- Was fluent in Spanish (Latin American).
- Owned a Charlie's Angels (2000) doll signed by her Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) co-star Drew Barrymore.
- Was friends with her Don't Say a Word (2001) and Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) co-star Brittany Murphy.
- Her Don't Say a Word (2001) co-star Conrad Goode taught her how to play blackjack and poker.
- Was friends with fellow actress Hallee Hirsh, whom she met at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival.
- Acted alongside Hilary Swank in the play "The Miracle Worker", written by William Gibson. [March 2003]
- Was named after the Isle of Skye, in Scotland.
- Made her own purses, which she took to premieres and other events.
- Did all of her own stunts in Firestarter 2: Rekindled (2002).
- Her favorite character that she has played was Susan in The Patriot (2000).
- According to a December episode of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (1992), her best childhood friend, Spencer Breslin, gave her paper clips and stationery as a Christmas gift.
- Was a talented singer.
- Was friends with fellow actors Abigail Breslin and Spencer Breslin.
- Her inspiration was her mother, Helen McCole Bartusiak, who was an acting coach.
- Appearing in the role of Helen Keller, in William Gibson's play, The Wonderful World of Disney: The Miracle Worker (2000). [March 2003]