Basic Information About Ada Nicodemou
|Celebrities › Actors
|Date of birth
|1977-05-14 (46 years old)
|Place of birth
|Carlton, New South Wales
|17 February - Chrys Xipolitas ( 2007 - 2016) (divorced) (2 children)
|5 ft 1 in (1.55 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Ada Nicodemou win?
Ada Nicodemou Net Worth, Biography, and Achievements
Net Worth Details
Ada Nicodemou is a Greek Cypriot-born Australian actress who has made her name through her talent and perseverance in the entertainment industry. As of 2021, Ada Nicodemou’s net worth stands at $5 million, and it is still increasing due to her growing popularity and endorsement deals over the years.
What is Ada Nicodemou known for?
Ada Nicodemou is widely recognized for her portrayal of Leah Patterson-Baker on the iconic Australian soap opera Home and Away. Her character Leah has been loved by audiences globally since she made her debut in 200.
Early Life and Education
Ada was born on May 14, 1977, in Larnaca, Cyprus. When she was six years old, her family migrated to Australia and settled in Sydney.
She attended St. Spyridon College in Kingsford and Randwick, New South Wales.
The multi-talented Ada started her acting career in 1994 with the hit TV series Heartbreak High. Since then, she has appeared in several other TV shows, including Police Rescue, Breakers, and Beastmaster. Her film career started with her role as Dujour in the blockbuster movie The Matrix that released in 1999.
Nicodemou found great success when she joined Home and Away in the year 200. Notably, Ada has been starring in the show as Leah for over two decades and has been praised for her outstanding role. She has also served as a mentor for various newcomers, including the popular actress Isla Fisher, who played Shannon Reed in the series.
In addition to her work on TV and film, Ada has taken part in several charity campaigns and actively serves as an ambassador of Save Our Sons, which aims to cure Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Ada Nicodemou’s success and hardworking attitude in the entertainment industry have earned her multiple nominations and awards.
She has been nominated for the prestigious Gold Logie Award three times and has received two Silver Logie Awards for Most Popular Actress and Most Popular Personality on Australian Television. Ada showed her dancing skills as she contested in Season 3 of the Australian Dancing with the Stars competition where she won with her dance partner Aric Yegudkin.
Ada’s kindness is also well known and her acts of generosity towards others. She is considered a role model to many young women in Australia and around the world.
Ada dated her long-time partner, Chrys Xipolitas, a restaurant owner, for about five years before getting married in the early 200s. In 2014, their relationship hit a bump as they decided to call it quits, but later reunited in early 2015. The couple shares a beautiful son named Johnas.
Ada Nicodemou’s journey through life has proven that growing up in challenging circumstances does not limit one’s aspirations. Starting from a foreign land, nothing was handed to her on a silver platter. Through hard work, commitment, and talent in the acting industry, she has managed to transform her life into a beautiful and successful one. Her story is an inspiration for those seeking to break all boundaries to achieve their dreams.
Interesting Facts about Ada Nicodemou
- She is of Greek descent
- Last name is pronounced Nico*de*mou (with the emphasis on 'de').
- Won the third season of hit reality/variety show, Dancing with the Stars (2004) with her dance partner Aric Yegudkin
- In August 2006 she announced her engagement to Sydney restaurateur Chrys Xipolitas.
- Deferred her tertiary studies for a year while she finished Heartbreak High (1994).
- At 15 she auditioned for a new show called Heartbreak High (1994) and in March of the following year, when she was about to turn 16, she was called in for a 12-week guest stint. This short stint turned into a three-year role where she played the character of Katerina Ioannou (nicknamed Kat).
- Her first break in television came at 13 years of age on Home and Away (1988) doing "extra" work, which gave her the opportunity to see the behind-the-scenes workings of a television series.
- She joined the Johnny Young Talent School and a dance show group called Kids Unlimited. It was after joining these groups that she decided to get an agent.
- On February 17, 2007, she married her longtime boyfriend Chrys Xipolitas following a six-month-long engagement.
- Returned to work eight months after giving birth to her son Johnas to resume filming Home and Away (1988).
- Gave birth to her first child at age 35, a son Johnas Xipolitas on August 22, 2012. Child's father is her now ex-husband, Chrys Xipolitas.
- Got pregnant with her son Johnas with the help of IVF in late 2011 after a few years of attempts to conceive naturally.
- Gave birth to her second child at age 37, a stillborn son Harrison Xipolitas on August 7, 2014 2 months premature. Child's father is her now ex-husband, Chrys Xipolitas.