What Movie Awards did Candis Cayne win?
Candis Cayne roles
|Movie / Series
|To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar
|Candis Cayne (as Brendan McDanniel)
|Dr. Michelle Velez 2 episodes, 2018
|Jolene 1 episode, 2017
|Alexis Stone 2 episodes, 2009
|Quentin Conrad 1 episode, 2007
|Geraldine 1 episode, 2011
|Drop Dead Diva
|Allison Webb 1 episode, 2010
|Self 2 episodes, 2008-2009
|Self 1 episode, 2007
Candis Cayne: From the New York City Nightclub Scene to Hollywood Day and Nightlights
Candis Cayne is an American actress and performance artist who became known since the 199s in the New York City nightclub scene. Currently, her net worth resides at $500,000, making her one of the most famous LGBTQIA+ icons that triumphed on Hollywood screens.
Net Worth Details
According to sources, Candis Cayne’s net worth is $500,000. Throughout her career as an actress and performance artist, Candis earned her fortune through acting fees from TV series/movies as well as royalties from her shows. Despite her noteworthy contribution to the LGBTQIA+ activism and advocacy, Candis did not leverage her fame for personal gain using ads, collaborations, or sponsorships as some of her colleagues did.
What Is Candis Cayne Known For?
Candis Cayne made history by becoming the first transgender actress to land a recurring role as a transgender character on national television in the ABC TV show Dirty Sexy Money. The LA Times regarded the showrunner’s decision to hire a transgender actress to play “a funny, nuance-filled role” as a crucial moment in TV history.
Besides Dirty Sexy Money, Cayne has appeared on other national TV channels such as FX and Logo. In 2007, she starred in the feature film Stonewall directed by Roland Emmerich, whereas in 1995, she worked along with musical icon Elton John on his Broadway show Aida.
Early Life and Education
Candis Cayne was born Brendan McDaniel on August 29, 1971, to a family in Maui, Hawaii. When she was six years old, her family moved to Los Angeles to settle in a suburb called Thousand Oaks. With encouragement from her family, Brendan began taking dancing lessons when she was a young girl.
Brendan made her debut at the tender age of 11 and quickly progressed to study acting and theatre art at the Los Angeles Valley College. By 1996, Brendan McDaniel disbanded his birth name as transgender identity and emerged as Candis Cayne, which enabled her to participate more freely in the entertainment industry.
Caynes’s career began around 199 when she started performing in nightclubs around New York, making a name for herself in drag and theatrical performances. This led to larger performance roles and choreography for touring artists such as RuPaul and Debbie Harry collaborations on MTV.
Cayne has guest-starred on major TV shows such as Nip/Tuck, CSI:NY, and The Middle. In addition to her cinematic ventures, she is noticed for her Emmy-nominated multi-episode arc on the TV series Dirty Sexy Money discussed above.
Achievements (Awards, Accomplishments)
As previously mentioned before, Candis Cayne made history with her role on Dirty Sexy Money, becoming the first transgender actress to portray a recurring transgender character in US prime time television. Cayne has also been acknowledged for the following:
- 201: nominated for Ultimate Sexiest Performer award
- 2016: Glam Award for Best TV Performance for Rupaul’s Drag Race
- 2017: Manhattan Community Pride Award for Excellence in Performance
Candis Cayne accomplished so much as a trailblazer that helped normalize transgender characters on movies and TV shows. She went from a small suburban city to the lights of Los Angeles, New York, and beyond, making a name for herself every step of the way.
As times changed, and the public discussed gender representation in media, Candis made her opinions heard on social media. Always honest and real about his/suliepoints of view, she is now heralded as one of the most central LGBTQIA+ force des arts.
Among her fans and fellow advocates, she is known for her fierce performances, captivating insights, and advocacy sensibilities. Rest assured, Candis Cayne is the definition of an icon, leader, and VIP of the flourishing inclusive & diversified entertainment world of tomorrow.
Interesting Facts about Candis Cayne
- Candis was the 2001 winner of the Miss Continental U.S.A. national pageant for female impersonators, held every Labor Day in Chicago, Illinois.
- Can be seen in her one woman show "Gorgeous" in New York on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights at The Viceroy, Brite Bar, and Barracuda respectively. [April 2006]
- Candis can now be seen on Saturday nights at Tour, Sunday nights at her new show at the Ritz Bar, and Monday nights at Aspen, all in Manhattan. [April 2007]
- In Los Angeles, and doing her weekly show at The Abbey food and bar Monday nights [February 2009]
- Candis is the host of "The Candis Cayne Show", a weekly show that plays every Monday at the famed NYC gay club 'Barracuda' [February 2003]
- Can now be seen Saturday nights at Tour Restaurant/Bar, Sundays at Opus22, and Mondays at Aspen, all in New York City. [March 2007]
- Her role in Dirty Sexy Money (2007) made Cayne the first transgender actress to play a recurring transgender character in a primetime show.