Basic Information About Brandon Routh
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1979-10-09 (44 years old)|
|Place of birth||Norwalk|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Muscular physique|
Deep resonant voice
|Spouse||Courtney Ford - (24 November 2007 - present) (1 child)|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Brandon Routh win?
Brandon Routh roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Scott Pilgrim vs. the World||Todd Ingram|
|Superman Returns||Clark Kent / Superman|
|Unthinkable||Agent D.J. Jackson|
|Zack and Miri Make a Porno||Bobby Long|
|Anastasia: Once Upon a Time||Tsar Nicholas|
|The Rookie||Doug Stanton 5 episodes, 2021|
|Legends of Tomorrow||Ray Palmer / ... 75 episodes, 2016-2020|
|Will & Grace||Sebastian 1 episode, 2004|
|Gilmore Girls||Jess 1 episode, 2001|
|The Flash||Ray Palmer / ... 3 episodes, 2015-2019|
|Arrow||Ray Palmer / ... 21 episodes, 2014-2020|
|Black-ish||Banner Copeland 1 episode, 2019|
|Chuck||Daniel Shaw 12 episodes, 2010-2011|
|The Millers||Officer Dixon 1 episode, 2014|
|Lady Dynamite||Jack 1 episode, 2016|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2010|
|The Exes||Steve 2 episodes, 2014|
|The Talk||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2012|
|Batwoman||Clark Kent (Earth-96) / ... 1 episode, 2019|
|The Batman||Everywhere Man / ... 1 episode, 2006|
|Undressed||Wade 4 episodes, 2000|
|Vixen||The Atom 3 episodes, 2016|
|Are You Afraid of the Dark?||Gavin's Dad unknown episodes|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self 1 episode, 2006|
|Chosen||Max Gregory 5 episodes, 2013-2014|
|One Life to Live||Seth Anderson #1 (2001-2002) unknown episodes|
|Fear Itself||Bobby 1 episode, 2008|
|Enlisted||Brandon Stone 2 episodes, 2014|
Brandon Routh's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|Superman Returns (2006)||$1,000,000|
Brandon Routh's Quotes
- [Talking about his work with a movement coach to capture Superman's physical presence]: "We worked on posture. Spine straight, hips forward, neck in line - just a clean motion moving through the world. [on the bright side] I slouch less."
- [Talking about wearing the Superman costume]: "Very confining. But once you get past that - which is sometimes hard - it's also very empowering. First time I put it on, I felt... stronger. Like a different level of who I am. It makes playing the character much easier."
- [When asked if he's ready for the changes that will follow in his life upon being cast as Superman]: "I have no idea. But I am prepared to be prepared."
- I'm kind of slowly becoming a star. I've kept my sanity. I've learned along the way, all these months that I've been here and slowly doing interviews and the suit picture getting released on the Internet-all this has come very gradual, which has really helped me to get it straight in my head and not go over the top. I know that that's a minuscule amount of exposure that's going to happen. It's going to be all over the place and it's going to become ridiculous at some point. The other thing that I realize is that it's not me so much as the character and the icon of Superman.
- People will like me, I think, because I do a good job in the film, but I also realize that the appeal isn't just me. It's the character. It's the film. It's what Superman stands for and brings to the table. Not just me.
Brandon Routh: The Articulate Superman
Net Worth Details
Brandon Routh has an estimated net worth of $2 million. While he is not one of the richest Hollywood actors, his hard work and talent have earned him a name in the industry.
What is Brandon Routh known for?
Brandon Routh is an American actor who gained popularity for his role as Superman in the movie, ‘Superman Returns.’ He has starred in several movies and TV series and is also a former fashion model.
Early Life and Education
Brandon Routh was born on October 9, 1979, in Des Moines, Iowa. He was the third of four children born to Ronald Ray Routh and Catherine LaVaughn. His father worked as a carpenter while his mother was a teacher.
Routh grew up in Norwalk, Iowa, with his siblings. He attended Norwalk High School, where he was active in sports and theater. He also taught himself piano and trumpet during his high school years.
After graduating from high school, Routh attended the University of Iowa intending to be a writer. However, he soon realized that his passion lay in acting and modeling and dropped out of school after a year to focus on his career.
Routh’s career began when he moved to Los Angeles in 1999 to pursue his dreams of acting. He made his screen debut as an extra in Christina Aguilera’s music video for ‘What a Girl Wants’ in 1999.
Routh’s first acting job was in 200 when he appeared on an episode of ‘Odd Man Out.’ Next, he appeared on MTV’s ‘Undressed’ and ‘Gilmore Girls’ before landing a recurring role on the soap opera, ‘One Life to Live,’ between 2001 and 2002.
Routh’s big break came in 2006 when he was cast as Superman in the movie, ‘Superman Returns.’ However, the film was a box office disappointment, and there were no sequels. Despite this setback, Routh’s career continued to flourish. He appeared in several movies, including ‘Zack and Miri Make a Porno,’ ‘Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,’ ‘Dylan Dog: Dead of Night,’ and others.
Between 2011 and 2015, Routh starred as Ray Palmer on the superhero TV show, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. He has also had roles on other TV shows such as ‘Chuck,’ ‘The Millers,’ and films like the lifetime Hallmark Christmas movie called ‘The Nine Lives of Christmas.’
Brandon Routh has been married to actress Courtney Ford since 2007. The couple has a son named Leo James who was born in August 2012. Routh is vocal about his love for cosplay in a variety of fan events.
Routh also supports various charities, including increased research on environmental conservation and HIV/AIDS awareness.
Brandon Routh’s most significant accomplishment was playing Superman in the movies and making himself an Overnight Hero. Routh won the award for Best Superhero at the 2006 Spike TV Awards. He has also received critical acclaim for his acting abilities.
In addition to his acting career, Routh has also modeled for several brands such as Nordstrom and Tommy Hilfiger.
Brandon Routh’s career continues to impress and delight audiences worldwide, often playing handsome heroes and charming lovers in various roles. He is an artist committed to his craft and charitable endeavors, utilizing his success to support causes near and dear to him.
Interesting Facts about Brandon Routh
- Can play the trumpet and piano.
- Went as Clark Kent/Superman for a Halloween party in 2003 and won a costume contest, only to receive the movie role one year later.
- Dressed up as Batman for Halloween 2004.
- His brother is a police officer in Des Moines.
- Attended the University of Iowa
- After being cast as Superman for Superman Returns (2006), he sought out a movement coach to help him create the proper body language for the Superman character.
- Parents are Ron Routh and Katie Routh.
- Unlike fellow Superman actors Christopher Reeve and Tom Welling, he is a huge Superman fan. As a kid, he collected the comics, owned the films, and even wore Superman pajamas.
- Frequently says that the only good thing that came of his several years of struggling to find success in Hollywood was meeting his long-time girlfriend, Courtney Ford, in a coffee-shop after another failed audition. They became engaged in August 23, 2006, and married on November 24, 2007.
- Attended the International Model and Talent Association (IMTA).
- Cites Braveheart (1995) as his all-time favorite film.
- Studied Scottish Literature.
- Stepbrother-in-law of J.R. Orci.
- Son, Leo James Routh, was born on August 10, 2012, weighing in at 8 lbs. and measuring 20.5 inches.
- Both Brandon and Julie Davenport attended the National Bartending School in Sherman Oaks, California.
- Preparing to film Superman Returns (2006), directed by Bryan Singer. [November 2004]
- He is of English, Scottish, German, and smaller amounts of Irish, Welsh, and Dutch, ancestry. His paternal grandparents were Amor Ellis Routh and Velma Mae Junkin, and his maternal grandparents were John Junior Lear and Viola Lorraine Brown. All were born in his homestate of Iowa.
- He has played the same character (Ray Palmer / The Atom) in five different series: Arrow (2012), The Flash (2014), Legends of Tomorrow (2016), Supergirl (2015) and Batwoman (2019).
- Went to high school with Aquaman, Jason Momoa in Norwalk, Iowa.
- Auditioned for the role of Clark Kent (Superman) on Smallville (2001) years before landing the title role in Superman Returns (2006).