Basic Information About Sally Struthers
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1947-07-28 (76 years old)|
|Place of birth||Portland|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Light blue eyes|
Deep sultry voice
Natural blonde hair
|Spouse||18 December - William Rader ( 1977 - 18 January 1983) (divorced) (1 child)|
|Height||5 ft (1.549 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Sally Struthers win?
Sally Struthers roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Five Easy Pieces||Betty (as Sally Ann Struthers)|
|The Getaway||Fran Clinton|
|Gilmore Girls||Babette Dell 52 episodes, 2000-2007|
|Dinosaurs||Charlene Sinclair 64 episodes, 1991-1994|
|The Division||Eve Warner 1 episode, 2003|
|Sabrina the Teenage Witch||Aunt Lorraine 1 episode, 2003|
|Murder, She Wrote||Nancy La Rue 1 episode, 1990|
|Love, American Style||Barbara (segment "Love and the Triangle") 1 episode, 1971|
|Still Standing||Louise Miller 10 episodes, 2003-2006|
|Summer Camp Island||Additional Voices 1 episode, 2019|
|Archie Bunker's Place||Gloria Bunker Stivic 5 episodes, 1979-1982|
|The Carol Burnett Show||Self - Guest / ... 1 episode, 1975|
|All in the Family||Gloria Bunker-Stivic 183 episodes, 1971-1979|
|Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man||1 episode, 1994|
|The Dick Cavett Show||Self 1 episode, 1972|
|Maron||Shirley 2 episodes, 2016|
|9 to 5||Marsha McMurray Shrimpton 52 episodes, 1986-1988|
|Laugh-In||Guest Performer 3 episodes, 1971-1972|
|Charles in Charge||Nancy Bowman / ... 1 episode, 1989|
Sally Struthers's Quotes
- If a man is pictured chopping off a woman's breast, it only gets a R rating, but if, God forbid, a man is pictured kissing a woman's breast, it gets an X rating. Why is violence more acceptable than tenderness?
- Acting is cheap group therapy, being a schizo fifty different ways. And we're paid!
Sally Struthers: More Than Just a Beloved TV Personality
Sally Struthers is an American actress and spokeswoman, born to Margaret Caroline and Robert Alden Struthers in Portland, Oregon, on July 28th, 1947. Sally grew up in a broken home with her mother Margaret and sister Sue after their father left when Sally was only 7. Margaret was a single mother who worked as an accountant at the Bonneville Power Administration, while Sally was a multi-talented child attending Grant High School.
What is Sally Struthers known for?
Sally Struthers is best known for her iconic role as Gloria Stivic in the classic TV show ‘All in the Family’ (1971-78) opposite Carroll O’Connor and Jean Stapleton. Sally was the loveable daughter of Mike and Gloria Stivic, who stirred up conversations around political topics or other touchy subjects with her father. Her quick-witted responses made for some of the show’s funniest moments, especially between her husband Michael Stivic. After the show’s end, Struthers appeared on other shows like ‘The Tim Conway Comedy Hour’ and ‘The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.’
Early Life and Education
While attending Grant High School, Sally became actively involved in cheerleading and theater. Her early experience in the theater earned her a scholarship to the Pasadena Playhouse College of Theatre Arts in California. Sally would star in productions by Neil Simon, Little Night Music, and Guys and Dolls during her time at the playhouse.
Sally’s big break came when she landed the role of Gloria Stivic on ‘All in the Family.’ Her work as Gloria earned her two Primetime Emmy awards. A few years after playing Gloria, she reprised her spin-off in the television series ‘Gloria’ (1982-83). Struthers wanted to work in other ventures apart from her television roles.
Struthers lent her voice to some of the most beloved animated series like ‘The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show,’ ‘Fred Flintstone and Friends’; Charlene Sinclair on ‘Dinosaurs,’ which aired between 1991-94; and TaleSpin (199–91), Yo Yogi! (1991), Droopy, Master Detective (1993–94), Betsy’s Kindergarten Adventures (2008–09).
Among other roles she had include playing Marsha McMurray Shrimpton on ABC’s ‘9 to 5’ (1986–1988) and a recurring role as Babette Dell on The WB/CW series “Gilmore Girls” (200–2007). Sally was on Broadway starring in productions of ‘Wally’s Cafe,’ ‘The Odd Couple,’ and ‘Grease.’
Sally Struthers has achieved significant milestones beyond her work as an actress. In 1998–99, she traveled around the United States, playing the lead role of Miss Hannigan in the 20th-anniversary tour of the musical Annie.
Awards and Nominations
The talented Struthers received two supporting actor Primetime Emmy Awards for ‘All in the Family’ in 1972 and 1979. In 1979, Sally would also receive a People’s Choice Award as Favorite Female Performer in a New TV Program for her work on ‘Gloria.’
In 2012, Sally Struthers received a Legacy Louise Award from the Pasadena Playhouse honoring her commitment to the institution and her contribution to the world of theatre.
Over the years, Sally’s career has brought some financial accomplishment allowing her to invest in various real estate properties. Her Ogunquit property boasts five bedrooms, 4 1/2 bathrooms, and 3,337 square feet of living space, a house that she purchased for $700,000 and now has an estimated worth just over $1 million. The Multi-talent actress also invested in two gorgeous Maine-based oceanfront cottages worth millions, where she has lived on and off since 2003.
What Is Sally Struthers’ Net Worth?
Sally Struthers is a hardworking actress with a net worth of $6 million. Her devotion to her craft and iconic television presence have undoubtedly contributed generously to her overall affluence.
The Bottom Line
It is no debate that Sally Struthers is an incredibly talented actress with an admirable sense of humor. Although most of her fame came from Gloria’s role in ‘All in the Family,’ it’s safe to say that her involvement in other successful ventures has solidified her professional career. Despite residing mostly off the big screen and TV since the mid-’00s, Sally Struthers has stayed a recognizable face in Hollywood.. and a successful one at that!
Interesting Facts about Sally Struthers
- Made her TV debut as a dancer on a Herb Alpert special.
- Daughter, Samantha Rader, graduated from Vassar College in June 2001 with a degree in Cognitive Science.
- Was long-time TV spokesperson for the Christian Children's Fund, appearing in several extended public service spots for them through the 1980s.
- She played Miss Hannigan in the 20th Anniversary revival of "Annie" from January to June of 1998.
- She played Miss Lynch for three years in the touring company of "Grease".
- Sideline: primitive artist (watercolors, acrylics).
- Best remembered by the public for her role as "Gloria" on All in the Family (1971).
- She played the same character (Gloria Bunker Stivic) on three different series: All in the Family (1971), Archie Bunker's Place (1979) and Gloria (1982).
- Playing Dolly Levi in Bloomington Civic Theater's production of "Hello Dolly" in Bloomington, Minnesota [August 2003]
- Playing Mother Superior in "Nunsense" A comedic play about nuns. [October 2008]
- Reprising the role of Dolly Levi in Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma's production of "Hello Dolly!", Oklahoma City, Oklahoma [July 2005]
- Performing in "The Fully Monty," Struthers plays Jeanette Burmeister, an aging old broad who Sally says had an early career playing the piano for bands and musicals. [July 2007]
- Playing Miss Hannigan in "Annie" at the Reagle Players, Waltham MA. This production also stars Bob Fitch, who played Rooster Hannigan in the original Broadway cast in 1977. [July 2008]
- Ogunquit, Maine. Playing the role of Louise Seger in "Always Patsy Cline" at the Ogunquit Playhouse. [May 2012]
- Performing as Matron Mama Morton in the musical "Chicago" in Kansas City. [March 2011]
- Reprising the role of Miss Hannigan from "Annie" at the Nevada Conservatory Theatre at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. [December 2004]
- Turned down an offer of one million dollars to pose nude for Playboy magazine in the early 1970s.
- Her acting mentor was the late Carroll O'Connor.
- Credits Carroll O'Connor as her favorite acting mentor/best friend.
- She is a lifelong Democrat.