What Movie Awards did Burt Young win?
Burt Young roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Back to School||Lou|
|Once Upon a Time in America||Joe|
|New York, I Love You||Landlord (segment "Fatih Akin")|
|Going Overboard||General Noriega|
|Last Exit to Brooklyn||Big Joe|
|The Pope of Greenwich Village||Bed Bug Eddie|
|Amityville II: The Possession||Anthony Montelli|
|The Adventures of Pluto Nash||Gino|
|The Sopranos||Bobby 'Bacala' Sr. 1 episode, 2001|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Eddy Mack 1 episode, 2009|
|Tales from the Crypt||Gambler 1 episode, 1992|
|Law & Order||Lewis Darnell 1 episode, 1997|
|Kevin Can Wait||Marv 1 episode, 2018|
|Little House on the Prairie||Bar patron (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|M*A*S*H||Lt. Willis 1 episode, 1973|
|Columbo||Mo Weinberg 1 episode, 1994|
|Alfred Hitchcock Presents||Ed Fratus. the Salesman 1 episode, 1986|
|The Doctors||Bartender (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|The Outer Limits||Captain Parker 1 episode, 1997|
|Russian Doll||Joe 2 episodes, 2019|
|Miami Vice||Lupo Ramirez 1 episode, 1984|
|Walker, Texas Ranger||Jack 'Soldier' Belmont 2 episodes, 1996-1997|
Burt Young's Quotes
- It was people standing up, not even winning, just standing up, and it became a delicate love story with two pretty weak people making one whole person, meaning Sylvester and Talia (Shire)." BY, reassessing the success of "Rocky
- "I enjoyed playing around with that guy, and it was a pleasure every three, four years, coming back seeing how the wardrobe is. Is he heavy? Is he thin? I had fun." - BY, on playing Paulie in the Rocky films.
The Talented Actor and Painter, Burt Young: A Brief Introductory
Burt Young, an American actor, painter, and author, has been a prominent figure in the entertainment industry since 197. With multiple successful appearances in movies and TV shows, including the Rocky films, he has made a name for himself through his superb acting skills. Along with his acting talents, Young’s writing and painting skills have also been widely recognized, making him a multi-talented artist. This piece aims to explore Burt Young’s life, career highlights, achievements, and net worth in detail. Read on to find out more information about this amazing personality.
Burt Young’s Net Worth Details
As of 2021, Burt Young has a net worth of $2 million. He has accumulated his wealth through his successful career as an actor, painter, and author. Young’s astounding longevity in the entertainment industry is continuous proof of his impressive talents and versatility. As with other actors that have been around for a while now, Young earns residual income from royalties as well.
What is Burt Young Known for?
Burt Young gained widespread popularity through his appearances in the Rocky films as Paulie, Rocky Balboa’s brother in law. His outstanding performance and ability to bring the character to life made him an integral part of the movie franchise. However, apart from his Rocky films appearances, Young has done a wide assortment of hit films and TV shows over his career.
Early Life and Education
Born on April 30th in Queens, New York, Burt Young’s birth name is Gerald Tommaso DeLouise. His parents were Italian immigrants. After graduating high school, he enrolled at a local college before joining the US Marine Corps. After serving his country, he attended the Lee Strasberg Actors Studio in New York to pursue his dream of becoming an actor.
Burt Young has been active in the entertainment industry since 197. He started by landing small roles in popular movies and TV shows such as Law & Order, Miami Vice, and several others. Young’s most notable character is Paulie Pennino in the Rocky series in which he played in five films from 1976 till 2006. It was his breathtaking performances in these films that earned him critical acclaim and widespread recognition. That’s why he was nominated for two awards – Academy and Golden Globe – for Best Supporting Actor.
Young’s acting career ranges from TV shows to blockbuster hits, painting movies to independent films, making him a versatile actor being able to play any role in any setting and make the audience fall in love with his characters.
Fortunately for Burt Young, he is still alive.
Burt Young has had a fruitful career as an actor, artist, and author. His long and accomplished career boasts critical acclaim and various achievements ranging from winning prestigious awards to achievements in the field of art. Some notable achievements of Young’s are:
- Two nominations for the Academy Awards and Golden Globe award for Best Supporting Actor.
- The commission of several of his paintings for the permanent collection of The Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery.
- Inking a deal with Marazona Publishing Company to publish many of his poems, short stories, screenplays, and novel manuscripts.
- He wrote two best known stage plays, one called ‘SOS’ and ‘A Letter to Alicia.’
- Participating in the 1984 New York City Marathon.
Over the years, Burt Young has built a legacy that goes beyond just his lengthy acting career. He has made a name for himself in the art industry, and his work has been appreciated domestically and internationally.
Burt Young’s life in entertainment includes hit films, TV shows, and renowned paintings and books created, making him one of America’s most famous multi-talents figures. Despite being born into an immigrant family, he worked hard, honed his artistic skills, never gave up, and landed roles that would cement his place in entertainment history. With a great work ethic always shown throughout his career, there’s no question that Burt Young will continue to carry his legacy forward and inspire upcoming actors, painters and writers for years to come.
Interesting Facts about Burt Young
- In 1980 he guest-starred in a TV movie called Murder Can Hurt You! (1980), a spoof on popular detective shows, in which he played "Lt. Palumbo"; ironically, 14 years later he appeared in a serious role in Columbo: Undercover (1994).
- Sylvester Stallone gave Young an inscribed gold Cartier watch in the 1990s, which he still wears.
- Served in U.S. Marines from 1957 to 1959.
- Jobs worked during his salad days were as a carpet cleaner, salesman and installer.
- Used to be a boxer.
- Along with Sylvester Stallone and Tony Burton, he is the only other actor to have appeared in all six 'Rocky' movies.
- The film Tom in America (2014) marks the first time Young has played a gay man in his career.
- Did 4 movies in 4 consecutive years with James Caan. Cinderella Liberty(1973), The Gambler (1974), The Killer Elite (1975) and Harry and Walter Go To New York (1976). These were some of Burt Young's first roles, before famously playing Pauly in Rocky (1976). They would eventually work together again 20 years later in The North Star (1996).
- Is the only actor to have been recognized by the Stinkers Bad Movie Awards in both their first year (1978) and last year (2006).
- In 2017 he will return to the stage as an aging mob boss in "The Last Vig," a new play that is scheduled to run from January 14 - February 19, 2017, at The Zephyr Theatre in Los Angeles.
- In 1978 he starred in two productions which he wrote, 'Uncle Shannon' and the television film 'I Don't Like This'.
- One episode of 'Baretta' earned him an Emmy nomination while another episode was from his original script.