Basic Information About Clive Standen
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1981-07-22 (42 years old)|
|Place of birth||Holywood|
|Spouse||23 May - Francesca Standen ( 2007 - present) (3 children)|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Clive Standen win?
Clive Standen roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Vikings||Rollo 45 episodes, 2013-2018|
|Doctor Who||Private Harris / ... 3 episodes, 2008|
|Camelot||Gawain 8 episodes, 2011|
|Vikings: Athelstan's Journal||Rollo 9 episodes, 2015|
|Robin Hood||Archer 3 episodes, 2009|
|Taken||Bryan Mills 26 episodes, 2017-2018|
|Mirage||Gabriel Taylor 6 episodes, 2020|
|Doctors||Charlie Halliday 3 episodes, 2005|
Clive Standen's Quotes
- 'Doctor Who' is really close to my heart, and I felt like I was a part of it at the best time, with Russell T.
- I've got children and it's still this one thing that I feel incredibly proud about, when my children are in the playground with their friends and they know about 'Doctor Who'. It's a great feeling. I can sit down with them and watch the new 'Doctor' with my kids.
- The cast of 'Vikings' is a real team, a true ensemble. It's a mad, eclectic, great bunch! But we support each other and trust each other completely. There are no egos.
- I prefer to stay in shape through doing activities I enjoy, such as climbing, hiking and exploring.
- With period dramas, it's very easy to get excited because I love to do them.
The Life and Career of Clive Standen
Clive Standen is an English actor who has made a name for himself in the film industry. He was born on July 22, 1981, in Holywood, County Down, Northern Ireland. Clive has been active in the film industry for over a decade and has become known for his versatile roles. He has demonstrated solid performance skills both on screen and on stage.
Net Worth Details
Clive Standen’s net worth is estimated at $3 million. This source of wealth comes primarily from his successful career as an actor.
What is Clive Standen known for?
Clive Standen is known for his skilled acting performances in films and television series. He is best known for his portrayal of Rollo on History Channel’s popular historical drama Vikings and his lead role as Bryan Mills in NBC’s Taken. He has also acted in movies like Everest, In Like Flynn, Hammer of the Gods, and Patient Zero.
Early life and education
Clive Standen was born to a British Army officer and had an ever-changing childhood thanks to frequent transfers between military bases. He attended King Edward VII School, Sheffield after which he trained at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
After finishing his education at LAMDA, Standen landed his first professional role at the British Shakespeare Company. That led to a successful acting career in London’s West End Theater, where he went on to perform in various productions such as “Les Miserables” and “Oliver!” Later on, he began acting in TV dramas and sitcoms including “Doctors” and “Waking the dead,” appearing in multiple episodes of both.
Clive’s big break was the role of Archer on BBC’s Robin Hood. While the show was relatively popular, it was History Channel’s Vikings that really pushed Standen into the spotlight, where he played Ragnar Lothbrok’s notorious brother Rollo. The show ran for six consecutive seasons until it’s eventual end in 2019, marking one of the most successful TV productions of all time.
Standen’s first break into the mainstream film industry came when he appeared in supporting roles for movies such as “Namastey London” and “Hammer of the Gods.” His most significant role was probably that of famous mountaineer Anatoli Boukreev in “Everest,” where he shared screen space with Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Brolin, and Keira Knightley. Participant Media produced the movie for Universal Pictures. He has also appeared in the action comedy movie “In like Flynn” portraying the character of Bill Reynolds aka Swifty.
Clive has acted in various other TV series and films, ranging from sci-fi-themed “Doctor Who” and historical drama “Camelot” to more recent successful appearances as Anthony Lavelle in NBC’s Council of Dads and Gabriel Taylor in the French TV series “Mirage.” His versatile acting prowess with attention to detail has been lauded and appreciated worldwide.
Clive Standen has been nominated for several awards such as FrightFest for Hammer of the Gods and People’s Choice Awards for Vikings. While he hasn’t won any major accolades yet, his vast work catalog falls nothing short of experimentation and artistic refinement in every project he’s taken on.
Clive Standen is married to his long-time girlfriend, Francesca. He has three children, one son, and two twin daughters.
Clive Standen represents professionalism, creativity, and adaptation in a world that demands such qualities. For that reason, he is one of the most sought-after actors working today. With over 500 thousand followers on Instagram, 150 thousand on Twitter, and social media pages updated frequently, he also has built a significant fan base. His love for charity work remains unwavering as he works extensively for renowned charities like The Prince’s Trust. His fans are eager to see where his work will take him next.
Interesting Facts about Clive Standen
- Clive was an international Thai boxer when he was in his teens.
- Trained at the London Acadamy Of Music And Dramatic Art (LAMDA)
- By his late teens he was a National Thai Boxing champion. When he got into acting he made sure he honed his choreography and fighting skills by gaining an advanced gold certificate in sword fighting from the British Academy of Stage and Screen Combat.
- After the transmission of Robin Hood many of the press reviews compared Standen flamboyant swashbuckling performance to the iconic movie star Errol Flynn with the Guardian declaring of Standen's character: "Clive Standen's bed-hopping, lovable rogue has no particular allegiance to anyone, and seemingly no morals, until Robin Hood shows him a better way. Clive Standen has a leading man charisma that will see him through....Archer (Standen) is the missing link; the man that the entire series has been leading up to. Thanks to Archer, Robin Hood will survive without Robin Hood. In fact, it might even be better off without him.".
- Is a spokesman for Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.