Basic Information About Dante Basco
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Voice Actor, Poet, Dancer, Rapper, Film Producer|
|Date of birth||1975-08-29 (48 years old)|
|Place of birth||Pittsburg|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.69 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Dante Basco win?
Dante Basco roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|A Goofy Movie||Additional Voices (voice)|
|Love Don't Cost a Thing||Spoken Word Artist|
|Blood and Bone||Pinball|
|Take the Lead||Ramos|
|The Boondocks||Jigme 1 episode, 2010|
|Community||Bully's Friend #2 (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|Johnny Bravo||Filipino / ... 1 episode, 2004|
|CSI: Miami||Ruben Franco 1 episode, 2010|
|Generator Rex||Tuck 3 episodes, 2010-2012|
|Avatar: The Last Airbender||Prince Zuko / ... 49 episodes, 2005-2008|
|Star Wars: Rebels||Jai Kell 4 episodes, 2014-2018|
|The Wonder Years||Eddie / ... 3 episodes, 1988-1991|
|Entourage||Fukijama 1 episode, 2006|
|Santa Barbara||Amado 4 episodes, 1988|
|Promised Land||Tito 1 episode, 1998|
|The Steve Harvey Show||Lee 1 episode, 2000|
|The Legend of Korra||General Iroh 6 episodes, 2012-2014|
|The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air||Kevin 1 episode, 1995|
|Kim Possible||Fukushima 1 episode, 2003|
|Dark Blue||June Bug 1 episode, 2010|
|The Proud Family||Quoc Wong 2 episodes, 2002|
|Hangin' with Mr. Cooper||Sammy 1 episode, 1993|
|Undressed||Jake 5 episodes, 1999|
|Hawaii Five-0||Nicky Chang 1 episode, 2012|
|That's So Raven||Phil 2 episodes, 2004|
|Nash Bridges||Jimmy Chang 1 episode, 1996|
|The Suite Life of Zack & Cody||Hollywood London 2 episodes, 2007|
|Highway to Heaven||Champ Hopkins 1 episode, 1989|
|Moesha||Marco 4 episodes, 1998-1999|
|American Dragon: Jake Long||Jake Long 55 episodes, 2005-2007|
|Victor & Valentino||Javier / ... 2 episodes, 2019-2020|
|CBS Schoolbreak Special||Luis 1 episode, 1989|
|The Nostalgia Critic||Self 8 episodes, 2014-2019|
|Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction||Ghost of Rudi Hernandez 1 episode, 1998|
|Drunk History||The Rabbit 1 episode, 2019|
Dante Basco's Quotes
- One of my first jobs as a voice actor was a tire commercial, I remember because it was really cheesy. One tire was talking to the other tire and said ' how are you feeling' and my tire said 'A little flat'
- [on Robin Williams] Although working with him changed my life, in truth, he impacted me several years before when Dead Poets Society (1989) became one of my favorite films and really got me interested in poetry; I later became a poet. I was lucky to work with him as an actor and witness first hand the magic of what made him a legend -- the wit and other worldly improv skills -- as well as see him single handedly put the morale of a movie set, easily hundreds of people, on his shoulders and kept everyone laughing as they worked long hours for what seemed like months on end. And at the same time, I was fortunate to spend private times, many mornings in the makeup chair (my tri-hawk hair took hours) just talking about poetry... soft spoken and introspectively, we would discuss Walt Whitman and Charles Bukowski. With Hook (1991) and so many other films, I, like millions of others, became a fan and was always delightfully surprised by the performances he managed to produce. With his passing, I can't help to feel, along with my generation... I can't help feeling like it's the death of my childhood. I guess we can't stay in Neverland forever, we must all grow up.
The Rise of Dante Basco
Dante Basco, a renowned actor, voice artist, poet and dancer, has gained widespread fame in Hollywood over the years. His incredible net worth of $500,000 dollars can be credited to his diverse skills, extensive filmography, and commitment to his craft.
From Simple Origins to Bright Lights
Born in Pittsburg, California on August 29th, 1975, Basco spent much of his childhood in the cities of Cerritos and Paramount. Despite facing challenges as an immigrant of Filipino-American descent, he excelled in school and always maintained his passion for the performing arts. His talent and dedication earned him an admission into Southern California’s prestigious Orange County High School of the Arts.
Notable Roles and Achievements
Basco has accomplished a lot over the decades acting and has garnered popularity while doing so. Many fans are held rapt by his signature performances. Here are some of his notable roles:
Rufio in ‘Hook’
Dante Basco played Rufio in Steven Spielberg’s classic 1991 live-action movie ‘Hook’. His spectacular performance made an impact on audiences across the world and is still celebrated to this day.
Zuko in ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’
Another iconic role played by Dante was Zuko in ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender.’ This Nickelodeon animated series gained cult status and adoration from fans around the globe—due in no small part to Basco’s exceptional voice acting. Fans rejoiced when he reprise his role in the subsequent ‘Legend of Korra’ release.
Jake Long on ‘American Dragon: Jake Long’
Basco further endeared himself to the hearts of youngsters playing the character Jake Long in Disney’s ‘American Dragon: Jake Long.’
Ramos in ‘Take the Lead’
In 2006, Basco landed his role as breakdancer Ramos in the film ‘Take the Lead.’ He immediately won even more fans with his breathtaking hip-hop dancing skills alongside Antonio Banderas. Dante is still remembered for lighting up the screen with his amazing performance.
Recognition and Nominations
For all of his hard work in the industry, Basco has won many awards for his performances over the years. These include Best Actor award at the VC Filmfest International – Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival in 200, Beverly Hills Film Festival Best Actor award in 2009 and Cannes Golden Plume Best Short award in 2012. He’s been nominated for more awards than there’s room to list, but a lot of his work has quickly become highly acclaimed.
Dedication and Legacy Beyond the Camera
Beyond the camera, Dante Basco has proven himself to be much more just an actor or performer. He has impacted whole populations with his dedication towards social justice and equality. Basco’s causes range from getting service benefits for veterans to diverse representation in Hollywood.
He tirelessly commits himself to Filipino culture preservation- making him in esteemed of a patriot within those representatives circles. His contributions earned him recognition from The Filipino American Coalition. Since then, he became a good example of someone returning fame & fortune to his homeland or to his people.
The illustrious career and current success of Dante Basco has been aided by his hard work and tireless commitment to his talents and dedications. In turn, his notable performances, screen presence, amazing voice, and advocacy work continues to resonate around the globe. Dante Basco will continue to use his platform and showcase his passion for each area he pursues, culturally and otherwise in the presence of his viewers for years to come.
Interesting Facts about Dante Basco
- Shares same birthday with older brother, Derek.
- He lives in Los Angeles.
- Has his own poetry venue.
- He is of Filipino descent.
- Brother of Darion Basco, Derek Basco, Dionysio Basco and Arianna Basco all actors.
- Attended Southern California's prestigious Orange County High School of the Arts.
- Plays poker at the same establishment as Charles Milano.
- He is a big fan of and featured in the web-comic created by Andrew Hussie named "Homestuck".