Basic Information About David Patrick Kelly
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Musician, Composer, Martial Artist|
|Date of birth||1951-01-23 (72 years old)|
|Place of birth||Detroit|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Juliana Francis - (14 August 2005 - present) (1 child)|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did David Patrick Kelly win?
David Patrick Kelly awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Horror Feature Competition - Best Actor||Winner||VFW||2019|
David Patrick Kelly roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|John Wick: Chapter 2||Charlie|
|Wild at Heart||Dropshadow|
|Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me||Jerry Horne (scenes deleted)|
|The Longest Yard||Unger|
|Malcolm X||Mr. Ostrowski|
|Flags of Our Fathers||President Truman|
|Dreamscape||Tommy Ray Glatman|
|The Adventures of Ford Fairlane||Sam|
|Last Man Standing||Doyle|
|Flirting with Disaster||Fritz Boudreau|
|Chi-Raq||General King Kong|
|Crooklyn||Tony Eyes / Jim|
|Ghostwriter||Double-T 7 episodes, 1993|
|The Blacklist||Heinrich Gerst 4 episodes, 2015|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Orville Underwood 1 episode, 2011|
|Blue Bloods||Donald Berry 1 episode, 2015|
|Gossip Girl||Noah Shapiro 3 episodes, 2008-2011|
|Twin Peaks||Jerry Horne 7 episodes, 2017|
|Law & Order||Josh Perlberg 1 episode, 2008|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Bo Levy 1 episode, 2008|
|Twin Peaks||Jerry Horne 9 episodes, 1990-1991|
|Feed the Beast||Ziggy Woichik 8 episodes, 2016|
|Kidnapped||Kurso 1 episode, 2007|
|Spenser: For Hire||Kevin Harley / ... 2 episodes, 1987|
|Tales from the Darkside||Richard Hall 1 episode, 1984|
|Louie||Therapist 1 episode, 2010|
|Moonlighting||McBride 1 episode, 1985|
|Mad About You||Cabbie with Chicken 1 episode, 1998|
|Miami Vice||Jerry 1 episode, 1985|
|American Playhouse||Copyboy 1 episode, 1982|
The Journey of David Patrick Kelly: Net Worth, Biography and Achievements
David Patrick Kelly is a familiar name in the entertainment industry. Being a successful actor and musician, he has remained in the spotlight by contributing significantly to the industry for decades. So, let’s delve into his life story and know about his achievements, net worth, and more.
Net Worth Details
David Patrick Kelly’s net worth is estimated to be around $800 thousand. He has earned this fortune mainly through his successful acting and music career. Also, being part of renowned movies and TV series has added more leverage to his wealth.
What is David Patrick Kelly known for?
David Patrick Kelly is famous for his impeccable acting skills and versatile character appearances. With his unique and thrilling performance, David has succeeded in instilling an everlasting charm in viewers’ minds. He is also known for his music compositions that hold a special place in his fans’ hearts.
Early Life and Education
David Patrick Kelly was born in Detroit, Michigan in January 1951. Being inclined towards the entertainment industry, David started participating in music-related events from an early age. He also began gaining popularity by performing in public events around his locality.
When he was 18 years old, David moved to New York City to pursue his acting career at the State University Of New York College, where he gained proficiency in acting under Rebecca Ritchie.
David Patrick Kelly started his career while still at SUNY College as he appeared in various Broadway shows. With time, he started getting offers from TV series as well as the film industry.
Undoubtedly, his role as Luther in the cult film “The Warriors” gained him immense popularity and is considered one of his best performances. From there on, his career hit a lift-off, and he started receiving various offers. Some of his most notable performances include his role in movies like “48 Hrs.”, “The Longest Yard,” “K-PAX”, “John Wick”, and many more. David has also been a recurring part of some of the popular TV series like Twin Peaks, Ghostwriter, The Blacklist, etc.
In addition to acting, David Patrick Kelly is also a successful composer and musician. His 2008 album “Rip Van Boy Man” is praised by music-lovers not only in the US but also around the globe.
David Patrick Kelly has received several awards and achievements for his incredible contributions to the entertainment industry. Some of his notable ones include:
- An Obie Award for sustained excellence in 1998.
- Received a Theater World Award for his debut performance “A Patriot for Me” in 1969
- Nominated for Best Actor in Lion’s Gate’s original DVD movie, “Last Goodbye”.
David is married to actress Juliana Francis since 2005 and resides in his hometown Detroit, Michigan over 95.9 FM. David also has a strong connection with his fans, and his social media handles reflect his appreciation towards his supporters.
David Patrick Kelly’s life story is inspirational and showcases that dreams can become a reality with hard work and determination. He has been an extraordinary performer and an exceptional human being who has given back to society through his awe-inspiring performances.
Today, David Patrick Kelly’s net worth reflects the essence of his success, not only in the entertainment industry but also in life. It is never too late to pursue dreams, and David is a true example.
Interesting Facts about David Patrick Kelly
- Graduated from Bishop Gallagher High School in Harper Woods, Michigan.
- He is a skilled mandolin and guitar player and appears accompanying himself in Spike Lee's Crooklyn (1994) singing a song he improvised for the film and on the CDs for two Broadway shows, "Twelfth Night" and "Working". He also sang and played mandolin on the 2012 Grammy Award winning soundtrack of ONCE, the Broadway musical.
- He is an avid martial artist with a Second Degree Black Belt (Nidan Rank) in Seido Karate and a practitioner of three forms of Tai Chi (Chen, Yang, Palm).
- Plays a character with the name "Luther" in two Walter Hill movies, The Warriors (1979) and 48 Hrs. (1982).
- He received an 1998 OBIE award for Sustained Excellence for his work in classic, avant garde, and new plays.
- He is a vegetarian inspired by George Bernard Shaw, Tolstoy, and the Beat Poets.
- The famous "Warriors come out to play" scene was improvised by him in collaboration with Walter Hill who told him to just "come up with something" when he felt the scripted scene wasn't working. He then gathered up some empty beer bottles he found under the board walk and created the taunting dialogue based on a neighbor who used to intimidate him.
- He is one of seven children. His sister Susan Kelly, is an author and expert in child protective services. His brother Robert Corby Kelly III is a Vietnam Veteran and energy company-executive. His brother John F. Kelly, was a State Senator in Michigan for 16 years. His sister Margaret Kelly, is an award-winning graphic designer. His sisters Maureen and Kathleen are grade school teachers.
- Graduated Cum Laude Bachelor of Fine Arts from University Of Detroit. He was also a student of Marcel Marceau and Mira Rostova.
- Daughter, Margarethe Jane Kelly, born November 26, 2008.
- Plays ukulele and sings "Banks of the Ohio" on the soundtrack to John Turturro's "Romance and Cigarettes".
- He is of Irish descent. His grandfather is from the village of Lisnashershane near Cork. His great-grand-uncle, Father William Corby, was the third President of Notre Dame University and Chaplain to New York's Fighting 69th Irish Brigade at Gettysburg.
- Has the same full name as David Kelly.