Basic Information About Frances O’Connor
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1967-06-12 (56 years old)|
|Place of birth||Wantage|
|Spouse||Gerald Lepkowski - (2011 - present) (1 child)|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.74 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Frances O’Connor win?
Frances O’Connor awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|AFI Award - Featured Actor of the Year - Female - Movies||Nominee||A.I. Artificial Intelligence||2002|
|Golden Satellite Award - Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical||Nominee||Mansfield Park||2000|
|FCCA Award - Best Actress - Supporting Role||Winner||The Hunter||2012|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television||Nominee||The Missing||2015|
|Golden Nymph - Outstanding Actress in a Mini Series||Winner||The Missing||2015|
|The Equity Award - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble Series in a Drama Series||Winner||Cleverman||2018|
Frances O’Connor roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|The Conjuring 2||Peggy Hodgson|
|A.I. Artificial Intelligence||Monica Swinton|
|Mansfield Park||Fanny Price|
|The Importance of Being Earnest||Gwendolen|
|Once Upon a Time||Colette 1 episode, 2014|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2016|
|The Missing||Emily Hughes 8 episodes, 2014|
|Snowy River: The McGregor Saga||Rachel Macalister 2 episodes, 1995|
|Troy: Fall of a City||Hecuba 7 episodes, 2018|
|Loose Women||Self 1 episode, 2014|
|Mr Selfridge||Rose Selfridge 21 episodes, 2013-2016|
|Blue Heelers||Gabe Greenway 3 episodes, 1996|
|Frontline||Kristy 1 episode, 1997|
|Halifax f.p.||Frances 1 episode, 1995|
Frances O’Connor's Quotes
- I was quietly rebellious. My parents thought I was very good but secretly I did things like saying I was staying in one place and going somewhere else instead. My older sister was openly rebellious and would tell my parents where to go, but I never did that.
- I am really glad I was raised Catholic. I like the fundamental aspects of that religion. I think they give you great grounding in terms of having a moral code. But I do not subscribe to any religion specifically now.
- I actually didn't like Jane Austen. I was more into the Brontes. They were so wild and passionate. I thought there was something a bit tame about Austen.
- I wasn't tempted to go into academia for a second.
- I love watching Hollywood movies - I just don't know if I'd be happy doing a 'Jurassic Park.'
Frances O’Connor: A Talented Actress with an Impressive Net Worth
Frances O’Connor is a well-known Australian actress who has made a name for herself in Hollywood after starting her acting career in Australia. She was born on June 12, 1967 in Wantage, United Kingdom, and currently has a net worth of $3.5 million.
Early Life and Education
O’Connor’s family moved to Perth, Australia when she was two years old, where she spent most of her childhood. She started her acting career in 1992 when she graduated from the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA).
O’Connor’s career took off after her performance in the film Mansfield Park in 1999, which led to more significant roles in Hollywood. In 200, O’Connor moved to Hollywood and starred in the movie Bedazzled. The following year, she landed her first leading role in the science fiction drama A.I. Artificial Intelligence. Her performance in the film earned her a nomination for a Saturn Award for Best Actress.
She continued to appear in various roles in films such as The Importance of Being Earnest (2002), Timeline (2003), and Iron Jawed Angels (2004).
In 2008, O’Connor starred in the ABC comedy-drama series Cashmere Mafia, but the show was short-lived. She continued to act in both film and television, starring in movies like Jayne Mansfield’s Car (2012), Little Red Wagon (2012), and The Truth About Emanuel (2013).
O’Connor has received several accolades for her work in film and TV. In 2009, she won the AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her performance in Blessed. She also received a Golden Globe Award nomination for her role in Madame Bovary (200).
Besides that, O’Connor has had a successful theater career, and she has starred in many successful stage productions, such as the West End production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
O’Connor’s Personal Life
While O’Connor has kept her personal life relatively private, she is known to be married to Gerald Lepkowski, an actor best known for his roles in EastEnders and Vera.
The Bottom Line
Frances O’Connor is a talented actress with impressive achievements in both TV, film, and theater. She started her career in Australia and made her way to Hollywood, where she starred in many hit films and TV shows. With her estimated net worth of $3.5 million, she is one of the most accomplished actresses in the entertainment industry, which only highlights her talent as an actress. With many projects in the works, it is clear that O’Connor isn’t going to be slowing down any time soon, and we can look forward to seeing her continuing to flourish in the industry!
Interesting Facts about Frances O’Connor
- Parents moved to Australia when she was two years old.
- Father is a nuclear physicist. Mother is a pianist.
- Earned a BA in literature from Curtin University in Western Australia.
- Was raised in Perth, Australia, and now considers Melbourne her home.
- Raised in a strict Roman Catholic family and attended a convent school.
- 1992: Graduated from the Western Australian Performing Arts Academy.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 37, a son Luka Lepkowski, in April 2005. Child's father is her boyfriend, Gerald Lepkowski.
- She is the middle of five children, with one older brother, one older sister, and two younger sisters.
- She turned down the role of Cora in Downton Abbey.