Basic Information About Helen McCrory
|Celebrities › Actors
|Actor, Voice Actor
|Date of birth
|Place of birth
|Date of death
|2021-04-16 (aged 52)
|Drama Centre in London
|Damian Lewis - (4 July 2007 - 16 April 2021) (her death) (2 children)
|5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Imdb
What Movie Awards did Helen McCrory win?
Helen McCrory awards
|Movie / Series Name
|Golden FIPA - TV Series and Serials: Actress
|Dagger - Best Supporting Actress
|National Film Award - Best Actress in a TV Series
|Satellite Award - Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Helen McCrory roles
|Movie / Series
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
|Clair Dowar MP
|Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles
|The Count of Monte Cristo
|A Little Chaos
|Madame Le Notre
|Fantastic Mr. Fox
|Mrs. Bean (voice)
|Louise Chevalier (voice)
|Queen Elizabeth I
|The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death
|National Theatre Live: The Deep Blue Sea
|Flashbacks of a Fool
|Aunt Polly / ... 31 episodes, 2013-2019
|Rosanna 1 episode, 2010
|Have I Got News for You
|Self - Guest Presenter 2 episodes, 2019
|Madame Kali 12 episodes, 2014-2015
|His Dark Materials
|Stelmaria 4 episodes, 2019-2020
|Phineas and Ferb
|Lucy Fletcher 1 episode, 2011
|Inside No. 9
|Tabitha 1 episode, 2014
|Amanda Puryer 5 episodes, 2009
|Jo 1 episode, 1995
|The One Show
|Self 3 episodes, 2017-2020
Helen McCrory's Quotes
- Theatre is liberating because it only works if it's truthful, That's what it requires. That's not true of film: the camera does lie. You can be moved by a performance on set, but when you see it on screen, it does nothing. Yet there will be someone you simply didn't notice on set that on screen: bam!
- I was lucky to learn early in life that you need money for food and shelter, but there's no ambition in having money in the bank for the sake of it!
- I'm a very positive person. My grandmother taught me that happiness is both a skill and a decision, and you are responsible for the outcome.
- I feel as though my life is bathed in golden sunlight. And the really wonderful thing is that I know it.
- If you're constantly frightened of being unhappy, how bloody exhausting must that be?
The Legacy of Helen McCrory: A Look at Who She Was
Helen McCrory was a talented English actress who left an indelible mark on the entertainment industry before her untimely passing in April 2021. Not only was she a gifted thespian, but she was also known for her compassion and generosity off-screen. In this article, we will delve into the life of Helen McCrory, her achievements and her legacy.
Net Worth Details
Helen McCrory had an estimated net worth of $25 million at the time of her death. Along with her husband and fellow actor Damian Lewis, the couple worked hard during their careers to establish their impressive fortune. While Helen had a successful career in movies, television and theatre, Damian’s employment as an ambassador for several luxury brands alongside his acting career also contributed to the couple’s wealth. However, their wealth pales in comparison to the imprint they have left on the entertainment world and the people they helped through their charitable work.
What is Helen McCrory known for?
Helen McCrory is best known for her roles in various movies and TV shows. Her portrayal of Aunt Polly in Peaky Blinders earned her acclaim from audiences worldwide, making her a firm favourite. She played Narcissa Malfoy in three Harry Potter movies, amongst others.
Early life and education
Helena McCrory was born on August 17th, 1968, in Paddington, London. Her father was a diplomat, and thus, the family travelled a lot when she was young. She eventually went to school in London and then studied acting at Drama Centre London.
McCrory had a varied career; she appeared on screens both big and small, gained plaudits for her stage performances and played unforgettable roles in international cinema. Her performances in productions such as Uncle Vanya, Medea and The Deep Blue Sea showed her range and versatility.
McCrory had a passion for working behind the camera too. In 2014, she directed a short film named ‘Kill Your Friends.’ She also served as an Associate Director of London’s Almeida Theatre, where she directed several plays to critical acclaim.
On April 16th, 2021, the world lost a brilliant actress and a wonderful person when Helen McCrory died after a private battle with cancer. She was 52.
Helen McCrory was nominated for various awards throughout her career, including BAFTA nominations for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress. She won a BAFTA for her portrayal of Rose in Streetlife, a 1995 miniseries. Tim Burton’s adaptation of Hugo and the James Bond movie Skyfall also earned praise from critics and the public alike for her performances.
However, it would be unfair to let awards define her life and legacy. McCrory was known for her activism, her dedication to charity and her work towards creating a more equitable world. She was actively involved with the Prince’s Trust and the Helen Bamber Foundation and lived a life committed to making the world a better place.
Helen McCrory is remembered by her family, friends, fans, colleagues and many in the industry as a talented actress who made an indelible impression.
Cillian Murphy, lead actor of Peaky Blinders, in which McCrory played Aunt Polly after her death said, “I am broken-hearted to lose such a dear friend. Helen was a beautiful, caring, funny, compassionate human being. She was also a gifted actor — fearless and magnificent. She elevated and made humane every scene, every character she played. It was a privilege to have worked with this brilliant woman, to have shared laughs with her, to have had the honour to sit opposite her and hear her words. This world is brighter for having had her in it.”
Helen McCrory touched the lives of many during her life and career, leaving an unforgettable impact on the acting world and beyond.
Rest In Peace, Helen McCrory
Interesting Facts about Helen McCrory
- In her childhood she lived in Africa and Paris, and went to an English boarding school.
- Daughter of a diplomat and a physiotherapist.
- She grew up in Norway, Nigeria, Cameroon, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Madagascar and Paris, among other places.
- She was nominated for a 2002 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Actress for her performance in Uncle Vanya performed at the Donmar Warehouse.
- Mother of daughter Manon (born 8 September 2006) and son Gulliver (born 2 November 2007) with husband Damian Lewis.
- Sister-in-law of Gareth Lewis.
- She originally couldn't take the role of Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) due to pregnancy and was replaced by Helena Bonham Carter. She has now been cast to play Narcissa Malfoy, Bellatrix's sister, in Harry Potter en de halfbloed prins (2009).
- She and her husband Damian Lewis have portrayed real-life couple, Cherie Blair and Tony Blair on television movies. Lewis in Confessions of a Diary Secretary (2007) and McCrory in The Special Relationship (2010).
- Her father was from Glasgow, Scotland and her mother was from Wales.
- She was awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2017 Queen's New Years Honours List for her services to Drama. She is an actress in London, England.
- She was cremated upon her death and her ashes were given to her husband.
- Won the London critics circle theatre best actress award for Medea.
Additional information of Helen McCrory
|Best Match for Marriage
|Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
References & Fact Checks ✅
- 1/ Filename: helen-mccrory-2.jpg