Basic Information About Jay Hernandez
|Celebrities › Actors
|Date of birth
|1978-02-20 (46 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|Daniella Deutscher - (2006 - present)
|5 ft 8 in (1.74 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Jay Hernandez win?
Jay Hernandez roles
|Movie / Series
|Bobby (segment "Thanksgiving") (uncredited)
|Toy Story 4
|Bonnie's Dad (voice)
|Hostel: Part II
|Friday Night Lights
|Joaquin 'Wack' Campos
|World Trade Center
|A Bad Moms Christmas
|Dimitri Havelock 5 episodes, 2015-2016
|Dante Rivas 6 episodes, 2013
|Made in Hollywood
|Self 1 episode, 2016
|Curtis Pryce 7 episodes, 2017
|Jose 1 episode, 1999
|Jay Hernandez 1 episode, 2019
|Self 4 episodes, 2018-2020
|The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
|Self - Guest 1 episode, 2020
|The Late Late Show with James Corden
|Self 1 episode, 2018
|Thomas Magnum 56 episodes, 2018-2021
|Eddie (2000: Season 2) unknown episodes
|Thomas Magnum 1 episode, 2020
|Self - Guest 1 episode, 2016
Jay Hernandez's Quotes
- It was cool to be around that many Latinos, because when I'm on set it's usually white or whatever. It's no big deal, but to be around Mexicans and Latins, it's a little bit closer to family, more camaraderie. It's a different feeling, and it was cool to see that, and to realize that there actually is a part of Hollywood that is Latin [the set of American Family (2002)]
- When I first started, there was nothing. There were no Latin roles, and that's the only thing that they'll see you as unless you can convince them otherwise.
Jay Hernandez Net Worth and Salary
Jay Hernandez is an American actor and model who has left a significant impact on the industry with his tremendous acting skills. Born on February 20, 1978, in Montebello, California, he has a net worth of $4 million.
Hernandez’s acting career was started in 1998, and since then, he appeared in numerous TV series and blockbuster hit movies like Crazy/Beautiful, Ladder 49, Friday Night Lights, Hostel: Part II, and Suicide Squad.
What is Jay Hernandez Known for?
Jay Hernandez is best recognized for his lead roles in several blockbuster hit movies such as Hostel, Friday Night Lights and Bad Moms. He recently starred as Thomas Magnum in the renowned television series Magnum P.I. which is considered as one of Hernandez’s most notable performances.
Early Life and Education
Hernandez was born and raised in Montebello, California. He went to Don Bosco Technical Institute for his primary education and later went to the Schurr High School for higher education.
Jay Hernandez’s career started in 1998 with a TV series named Hang Time. Due to his incredible screen presence, he received numerous offers, and he was cast in many TV series afterward. In 2001, he made his first debut film appearance in the well-known movie Crazy/Beautiful. His remarkable performances make him stand out from the rest of the actors.
In 2018, he gave a breakthrough performance in the television series Magnum P.I where he portrayed the character Thomas Magnum, who was reprised by Tom Selleck in a previous iteration of the show. With his groundbreaking performance, he won the audience’s heart and got their attention.
Fortunately, Jay Hernandez is one of many celebrities who is still alive, healthy, and passing their life pleasantly.
Jay Hernandez’s achievements are versatile and colorful as to how uniquely skilled he is. Few of his roles are considered as a remarkable masterpiece in the acting world where he successfully portrayed his character flawlessly. He has achieved three awards in total from Miami International Film Festival, MTV Movie Award, and has been nominated twice for the ALMA awards, respectively. Hernandez is not just an actor but also an incredible model who has achieved a huge fan following through his great body and persona.
Jay Hernandez is adored not just by his fans but his kindness and charitable works for the welfare of society. Though he hasn’t revealed the name of charities he supports, it is evident from his actions and kind gestures that he advocates the well-being of humanity.
Jay Hernandez is happily married to Daniella Deutscher, his wife, since 2006. Deutscher is known for her role in the ’90s series Hang Time, where she played the female lead. The couple has two children together, a son named Immigration and Prosperity Hernandez. The actor’s hobbies outside of the industry include surfing, skateboarding, going on long rides while listening to music.
Jay Hernandez successfully prospered as an actor over the course of his career due to his phenomenal acting skills. Winning numerous awards throughout his life, building a net worth of $4 million through sheer hard work and perseverance; now regarded as one of Hollywood’s most loved figures. We all are excited to see more of his creations, unique persona and are incredibly excited regarding the reason of having people like Hernandez entertain the whole world.
Interesting Facts about Jay Hernandez
- Appeared in the season opener of American Family (2002) but was replaced by A.J. Lamas. 
- Played on the 'stars' team for MTV's Rock and Jock (2002).
- Parents are Isis and Javier.
- Hernandez was discovered by an agent while in an elevator.
- Has older brothers, Michael and Gabriel and younger sister Amelia.
- Attended Don Bosco Technical Institute (High School) in Rosemead, California.
- Attended Schurr High School, Montebello, California, class of 1996.
- Featured in TV Guide's January 23, 2004 issue on page 21by: Allyssa Lee, "The 5-Year Plan."
- Married his former co-star on Hang Time (1995), Daniella Deutscher.
- Was in the same Math Class with Skateboarder, Actor Frank Miranda at Don Bosco Technical Institute.
- His voice, accent, and rhythm of speech are remarkably similar to George Clooney, although the two grew up in different parts of the country - Clooney in Kentucky and Hernandez in California.