What Movie Awards did Laurie Holden win?
Laurie Holden roles
|Movie / Series
|Dragged Across Concrete
|Dumb and Dumber To
|The Walking Dead
|Andrea Harrison 35 episodes, 2010-2020
|Greta Bellows 7 episodes, 2019
|The X Files
|Marita Covarrubias 10 episodes, 1996-2002
|Dr. Hannah Tramble 1 episode, 2015
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show
|Self - Guest 1 episode, 2013
|Renee 12 episodes, 2017-2018
|Murder, She Wrote
|Sherri Sampson 1 episode, 1996
|The Magnificent Seven
|Mary Travis 18 episodes, 1998-2000
|Agent Olivia Murray 13 episodes, 2008
|Debra Campbell 1 episode, 1995-1996
|The Outer Limits
|Susan McLaren 1 episode, 2000
|Father Dowling Mysteries
|Joyce Morrison / ... 1 episode, 1991
|Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future
|Erin 1 episode, 1988
Laurie Holden's Quotes
- I don't want my tombstone to say actress. I want it to say human being.
- I feel defensive about my character because I really love Andrea, and we share the same heart.
- I am a tomboy and I love being with the boys and shooting guns and stuff.
- I really, really, really want to do a silly romantic comedy where I can just have a crush on the guy, trip over myself, and laugh and be goofy. I just feel like all I do is cry, sob, and fight zombies and the bad guys.
- It's a really dark, emotionally wrenching world that we've created on 'The Walking Dead.'
Who is Laurie Holden?
Laurie Holden is a celebrated Canadian and American actress, popular for her roles in various television series and films. Her name gained prominence when she appeared on “The X-Files” as Marita Covarrubias. Later, she became famous for starring in “The Walking Dead”; thus, getting her critically acclaimed appreciation as Andrea.
Early Life of Laurie Holden
Laurie was born on the 17th of December in 1969, to parents Glenn Corbett and Adrienne Ellis, both actors. However, her parents parted ways in 1975, which compelled Laurie to leave for Canada with her mother. Later on, her mother tied the knot with a renowned film director, Michael Anderson. Holden’s academic journey began at Forest Hill Collegiate Institute, where she finished high school. She was an all-rounder student who actively participated in community services and extracurricular activities such as theatre, arts, and dancing.
For higher studies, Holden started at McGill University in Montreal, where she pursued several subjects before eventually relocating to the University of California to opt for arts. Here she proved her exceptional abilities by winning the prestigious Natalie Wood Acting Award. After that, she went to New York City to refine her skills from the renowned Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
Holden began her career in acting by receiving minor roles in television series in the initial years. Later on, her impactful performances earned her a significant role on “The X-Files” as Marita Covarrubias.
Some of the most notable movies Holden starred were “The Majestic,” which co-starred Jim Carrey, and Horror-Suspense “Silent Hill.” She also appeared in movies such as “Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd” and “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.”
After achieving a significant place in the movie industry, Holden switched her track towards television shows. She secured a recurring role in the police drama, “The Shield,” which ultimately earned her recognition as Ada-Season 4.
In recent years, Laurie Holden has been working primarily as a voice actress for animated series such as “Justice League Action” and “Transformers: Prime.” During her career span, she has worked with numerous high-profile celebrities and actors, including Ben Affleck, Viola Davis, and Jodie Foster.
What is Laurie Holden’s Net Worth?
Laurie Holden’s net worth as of 2021 is estimated to be $3 million. Her notable roles in various films, TV shows, and her lucrative voice acting has reportedly contributed to her fortune.
Laurie Holden has gained several accolades for her tremendous work over the years. She was nominated for “The Walking Dead” for Scream Award as the best female lead actress in 2012. Holden continues to be an extraordinary actress who has a straight, right approach to work with individuals. Her persevering nature and charismatic performances have made her a shining example of determination and work ethic in Hollywood.
Overall, Laurie has embodied her characters visually without losing their energetic essence. Truly great it is to watch someone who enjoys lived life so joyously and achieved their life’s ambitions all on account of their independent hardworking nature.
Interesting Facts about Laurie Holden
- Family: daughter of actors Glen Corbett and Adrianne Ellis, stepsister to actor Michael Anderson Jr. and producer David C. Anderson.
- Step-daughter of film director Michael Anderson.
- Was raised in Canada, is a dual citizen of Canada and USA.
- Won the "Look of the Year" modeling pageant in Toronto while still a teenager.
- Attended Montreal's McGill University and studied economics/political science, then transferred to UCLA to study in film and theatre.
- She won her first acting job a week after receiving the "Natalie Wood Acting Award" upon graduating from UCLA. Member of the National Honor Society.
- Has a younger brother named Christopher Holden, and a half- sister.
- Younger stepsister of actor Michael Anderson Jr. and producer David C. Anderson.
- Her brother, Christopher Holden, worked with her in Silent Hill (2006) as a AD.
- Named as one of the 100 Most Creative People in Hollywood "It List".
- Named as one of "Ten Actors To Watch" by Variety in 2002.
- Huge crusader for children's charities including O.U.R, Home From Home, Almasi and Feed the Children.
References & Fact Checks ✅
- 1/ Filename: laurie-holden-85LD1203.jpg
- 2/ Filename: laurie-holden-2012-d2snHQ4L.jpg