Basic Information About Michael Jordan
|Full Name||Michael Jordan|
|Category||Athletes › NBA Players|
|Professions||Basketball player, Athlete, Spokesperson, Entrepreneur, Actor|
|Date of birth||1963-02-17 (60 years old)|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Education||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Number 23 jersey|
Air Jordan sneakers
Fequently sticks his tongue out when making amazing dunks or layups
ear ring in left ear
|Father||James R. Jordan|
|Siblings||Four (Larry, Deloris, Roslyn, and James Jr. Jordan)|
|Spouse||Yvette Prieto - (27 April 2013 - present) (2 children)|
Juanita Jordan - (2 September 1989 - 29 December 2006) (divorced) (3 children)
|Kids||Five (Jasmine M. Jordan, Jeffrey Michael Jordan, Ysabel Jordan, Victoria Jordan, Marcus Jordan)|
|Height||6 ft 5 in (1.98 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Imdb|
What Movie Awards did Michael Jordan win?
Michael Jordan roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Space Jam||Michael Jordan|
|Malcolm X||Self - End Credits (uncredited)|
|Looney Tunes: Back in Action||Michael Jordan (archive footage) (uncredited)|
|Boomerang||Michael Jordan (archive footage) (uncredited)|
|He Got Game||Self|
|Super Size Me||Self (uncredited)|
|Saturday Night Live||Self / ... 1 episode, 1991|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self 4 episodes, 1996-1999|
|Abstract: The Art of Design||Self 1 episode, 2017|
|The Oprah Winfrey Show||Self 3 episodes, 2005-2011|
Michael Jordan's Quotes
- If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
- You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. -- GQ, March, 1989.
- In my prime I can probably take LeBron but I'm not sure about Kobe
- [from an a 1997 American Prospect article]Republicans buy sneakers, too
Michael Jordan: The Legendary Basketball Icon
Michael Jordan, the iconic basketball player, team owner, product endorser, and entrepreneur, is a name that reverberates throughout the sports world. With a net worth of $2.2 billion, Jordan is not only one of the wealthiest celebrities but also a cultural phenomenon. Known as the greatest basketball player of all time, he has left an indelible mark on the sport, inspiring generations of athletes.
Net Worth Details
Michael Jordan’s wealth journey has been extraordinary. In September 2009, his net worth stood at $500 million. By 2014, he became a billionaire and crossed the $2 billion mark in early 202. Today, his net worth stands at $2.2 billion. The road to becoming a billionaire was paved not only through his basketball career but also through smart investments and lucrative endorsement deals.
What is Michael Jordan known for?
Michael Jeffrey Jordan was born on February 17, 1963, in Brooklyn, New York. He grew up in Wilmington, North Carolina, where his love for sports blossomed from an early age. At Emsley A. Laney High School, he excelled in basketball, baseball, and football.
Early life and education
Despite being rejected from the varsity basketball team as a sophomore for being “only” 5 foot 11, Jordan’s determination led him to work tirelessly and eventually secure a spot on the team during his junior year. His exceptional skills caught the attention of college programs across the nation.
He attended the University of North Carolina (UNC), where he made significant contributions to the team’s success. During his freshman year, Jordan was named ACC Freshman of the Year and led UNC to win the 1982 NCAA Championship. The iconic game-winning shot he made in that championship game against Georgetown Hoyas solidified his reputation.
In 1984, Michael Jordan entered the NBA draft and was chosen as the third overall pick by the Chicago Bulls. From there, he embarked on a journey that would forever transform the game of basketball. Jordan’s tenure with the Bulls spans over a decade and is highlighted by his leadership in leading the team to six NBA championships.
Throughout his NBA career, Jordan established himself as a true legend of the sport. He holds numerous records, including the highest career scoring average of all time. His exceptional skills, athleticism, and competitive spirit set him apart from his contemporaries, earning him five league MVP awards and a place in the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009.
Aside from his basketball prowess, Michael Jordan became a pioneer in sports endorsements. His partnership with Nike revolutionized the sneaker industry. In 1984, he signed a groundbreaking deal with Nike worth $500,000 per year for five years. This collaboration gave birth to the iconic Air Jordan sneakers, which have become a cultural phenomenon.
Over the years, Michael has endorsed various brands, including Gatorade, Wheaties, McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, and Chevrolet. He has earned a staggering $1.4 billion from corporate partnerships alone. His annual royalties from Nike and Jordan brand products currently amount to over $60 million.
Beyond his athletic achievements, Michael Jordan is known for his philanthropic endeavors. He has consistently contributed to various charitable causes, with a focus on education, health, and community development. In 2016, he made a $5 million donation to the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
8 Crazy Facts About Michael Jordan’s Money
1. Michael Jordan earns $100 million per year from endorsements and business ventures, surpassing his NBA salaries.
2. His ownership stake in the Charlotte Hornets accounts for a significant portion of his billionaire status.
3. The value of his stake in the Hornets has steadily increased over the years since he bought a majority share in 201.
4. During his NBA career, Jordan earned a total of $93.7 million in salary, a fraction of his current net worth.
5. He was the first athlete to earn over $30 million in salary during a single season.
6. Jordan’s Air Jordan shoe line generates over $2.5 billion in annual sales for Nike.
7. Gatorade’s “Be Like Mike” ad campaign elevated both the brand and Jordan’s popularity.
8. Michael Jordan signed endorsement deals only if he expected to earn a minimum of $10 million from them.
- Six-time NBA champion with the Chicago Bulls
- Five-time NBA MVP
- Holds the highest career scoring average in NBA history
Michael Jordan’s impact goes far beyond the basketball court. He has not only redefined the way the game is played but has also left an indelible mark on popular culture. His legacy will continue to inspire future generations of athletes, and his net worth speaks volumes about his enduring influence.
Interesting Facts about Michael Jordan
- Attended the University of North Carolina, 1981-84.
- Picked third by the Chicago Bulls in the 1984 NBA Draft, behind Hakeem Olajuwon and Sam Bowie.
- Salary: approximately $80 million per year from endorsement deals, peak of $33 million from the NBA in the 1997-98 season.
- Has his own line of sportswear called Jordan, a division of Nike. The brand began with the Air Jordan I shoe in 1984.
- Chosen by the NBA as one of its 50 greatest players of all time in 1996.
- Chosen by People Magazine as one of The Most Intriguing People of the Century. 
- Professional basketball player in the NBA, 1984-93, 1995-98, 2001-03.
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world. 
- In 1999, ESPN voted him as the greatest athlete of the twentieth century.
- In 2000, he was named part owner and director of basketball operations for the Washington Wizards basketball team.
- His father's murder on July 23, 1993, was instrumental in Jordan's first retirement before the 1993-94 season.
- Two-time Olympic gold medalist in men's basketball, in 1984 in L.A. and 1992 in Barcelona (as part of the celebrated original Dream Team).
- In January 2002, wife Juanita filed for divorce in circuit court in Waukegan, Illinois, citing "irreconcilable differences." She sought permanent custody of the couple's three children, their 25,000-square-foot home in Highland Park and half the couple's property. She withdrew the divorce papers a month later only to re-file them seven years later.
- Fortune estimated at $400 million. A virtual endorsement cash cow, no athlete has had a larger impact on the economy.
- Began shaving his head when he started going bald.
- Grew up in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Attended Laney High School in Wilmington, NC. The gymnasium is now called the "Michael Jordan Gym" in his honor.
- Buys custom-tailored shirts monogrammed with "Michael" or "MJ".
- Moved past Wilt Chamberlain for third-place all-time on the NBA scoring list [23 January 2003].
- Third of five children. Brother of Larry Jordan, Ronnie Jordan, Deloris Jordan and Roslyn Jordan.
Additional information of Michael Jordan
|Best Match for Marriage||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|