What Movie Awards did Sofia Vassilieva win?
Sofia Vassilieva roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|The Little Things||Tina Salvatore|
|My Sister's Keeper||Kate Fitzgerald|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Sarah Walsh 2 episodes, 2011-2013|
|Black Lightning||Looker 4 episodes, 2018-2021|
|Notorious||Jenna Polly 1 episode, 2016|
|Medium||Ariel Dubois / ... 130 episodes, 2005-2011|
|All Rise||Olga Petrovic 1 episode, 2021|
|S.W.A.T.||Lauren 1 episode, 2018|
|The Wonderful World of Disney||Eloise 2 episodes, 2003|
|Timeless||Abiah 'Abby' Folger Franklin 1 episode, 2018|
|Lucifer||Debra Macall 1 episode, 2016|
|The Agency||Elena / ... 1 episode, 2001|
|Training Day||Chelsea Brown 1 episode, 2017|
Sofia Vassilieva's Quotes
- About the filming of the "Eloise" movies: It was like a long vacation, a 54 -day vacation.
- It (acting) is something I want to do as long as I live.
- As long as you can laugh you are not old.
- My mother is my hero.
- There is work, and there is pleasure, Acting is pleasure.
Sofia Vassilieva – Rising Star with Amazing Talent and Inspiring Journey
There are so many amazing actresses and actors out there who have enormous talent and captivating personalities. Sofia Vassilieva is one such celebrity, whose vibrant personality and inspiring journey to success have caught the attention of audiences everywhere. Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, this incredible actress has been entertaining audiences for years and has won numerous accolades for her amazing performances on both television and in films.
Net Worth Details
As per the latest reports, Sofia Vassilieva’s estimated net worth is $2 million dollars. This figure includes her earnings from her successful acting career, full-time model activities along with profitable brand partnerships.
What is Sofia Vassilieva Known For?
Sofia Vassilieva is an accomplished and famous American actress, recognized for her hardworking nature and exceptional acting skills. She is popularly known for her role as Ariel DuBois in the NBC TV series ‘Medium’.
Early life and education
Born in 1992 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Sofia Vassilieva had a passion for acting and modeling from a young age. She started preparing herself for the showbiz industry through training under top-class mentors before making her debut at the International Talent and Modeling Association Awards competition in New York.
She won the Best Actress award and since that accomplishment at nine years old, Vassilieva knew that acting was where her heart lay. Her childhood talent paved the way for her successful acting career that started when she was only ten years old.
Sofia Vassilieva has critically acclaimed performances under her credit, and it all started with guest appearances on the television shows like The Agency, Liar, and Everwood in 2001. It was her budding participation in the hit series Medium that brought her up for a shining star among audiences and producers. Her honest portrayal of Ariel DuBois endeared her to viewers along with Academy nominees like Patricia Arquette and Miguel Sandoval, to name a few.
The road ahead for this actress was knee-deep in success. Apart from the successful series, Vassilieva has given outstanding performances in movies like Lifetime Original Movie Call Me Crazy: A Five Film (2013), ‘My Sister’s Keeper,’ ‘Day Zero,’ ‘Eloise At Christmastime,’ just naming a few.
With supporting roles in big productions, as well as a handful of side roles in independent movies, Sofia has built herself a lasting career with age on her side. Her hard work persisted through the years. Fifteen years old, Sofia became the youngest invitee at Versace Atelier for their pre-politis dress collection event.
Sofia Vassilieva has received enormous recognition for her exceptional acting skills. She won the **Best Actress award** at the International Talent and Modeling Association Competition in 200. In 2007 and 2009, she was honored by the **Screen Actors Guild** with nominations for excellent performance in a drama series for ‘Medium.’
She was recently nominated for the **People’s Choice Awards 202** for her work in ‘Looking For Alaska’ in the category of the ‘Best Actress in a Drama Series.’
Sofia Vassilieva was born on October 22, 1992, and is currently of the age 29. She majors in philosophy at Columbia University. Sofia also devotes herself to ethical veganism and the environment and supports charities devoting time and funds to research focused on improving leukemia and lymphoma treatments for both children and animals.
Sofia Vassilieva became a famous personality at a very young age with her exceptional acting talent. Her storyline is an inspiration for youth that claims hard work, dedication, and struggling through obstacles leads to great heights of success.
With a bright future ahead of her and several upcoming projects in the works, Sofia’s fans can’t wait to see more of this talented star.
Interesting Facts about Sofia Vassilieva
- She was a presenter of Family Feature Film on 19th Genesis Award 2005, which was broadcast on "Animal planet" on May 14 & 15, 2005.
- She was nominated for a Syfyportal Genre Award as best young actor/actress for her role in Medium, lost the award to Harry Potter's Daniel Radcliffe.
- Discovered at the IMTA in New York in 2000, where she won 7 awards including the title of Child Actress and first runner-up Child Model Of The Year.
- When she was 3, she started speaking French and reading in Russian and English, being fluent in these three languages, she now enjoys studying Spanish and American Sign Language. As of 2015 speaks and writes about seven- eight languages.
- Started taking ballet at 3, gymnastics at 5, playing piano at 7, riding horses at 10, and recently became fascinated by yoga. Still takes yoga, ballet and horse riding classes.
- Beat out Dakota Fanning to the Eloise role in the Eloise movies.
- At the age of 13, her favorite singer was Shakira, and later Sia.
- Sofia's Maltese "Mefodi" appears as the dog in the hands of a Plaza girl in The Wonderful World of Disney: Eloise at Christmastime (2003).
- By 14, she has already visited Italy, Austria, France, Canada, England, Japan, Spain and Germany.
- Before moving to Los Angeles at 11, she lived in Minnesota, Oregon, Arizona and Utah.
- She skipped one grade in Elementary School in 1999, before her success and winning the Child Actress award on IMTA 2000, i.e. before her real interest in acting began.
- Was born at 2:22 and 22 sec. pm, CDT.
- Accepted the part of Kate in My Sister's Keeper (2009) after Dakota Fanning stepped down, upon refusing to shave her head for the part - according to rumors.
- Was offered the part of Claire in The Clique (2008), but bowed out due to scheduling conflicts.
- In 2009 became an honorary ambassador for Stand Up to Cancer.
- Graduated from Concord High School in Santa Monica, CA [June 7,2010].
- At 17 became a student of Columbia University in New York City .
- Graduated from Columbia College, of Columbia University with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree [05.21.2014]; Completed a Linguistics major with honors and a special concentration in Business Management.
- Was accepted to and completed the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art's Acting Shakespeare course; London, UK [Summer 2013].
- Won a 2006 Young Artist Award in the Best Performance in a TV Series (Drama) - Supporting Young Actress for her role as Ariel Dubois in Medium (2005).