Basic Information About Christine Lahti
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Film Director, Actor, Voice Actor|
|Date of birth||1950-04-04 (73 years old)|
|Place of birth||Birmingham|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Deep smooth voice|
|Spouse||Thomas Schlamme - (4 September 1983 - present) (3 children)|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.778 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Christine Lahti win?
Christine Lahti awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|LAFCA Award - Best Actress||Winner||Running on Empty||1988|
|Oscar - Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Nominee||Swing Shift||1985|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture||Nominee||Swing Shift||1985|
|LAFCA Award - Best Supporting Actress||Nominee||Swing Shift||1984|
|NYFCC Award - Best Supporting Actress||Winner||Swing Shift||1984|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series||Winner||Chicago Hope||1998|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Chicago Hope||1999|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Chicago Hope||1998|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Chicago Hope||1997|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Chicago Hope||1996|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama||Winner||Chicago Hope||1998|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Actress in a Drama Series||Nominee||Chicago Hope||1999|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Actress in a Drama Series||Nominee||Chicago Hope||1998|
|Golden Satellite Award - Best Actress in a Series, Drama||Winner||Chicago Hope||1997|
|Q Award - Best Actress in a Quality Drama Series||Nominee||Chicago Hope||1998|
|Q Award - Best Actress in a Quality Drama Series||Nominee||Chicago Hope||1997|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Jack & Bobby||2005|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama||Nominee||Jack & Bobby||2005|
|Prism Award - Performance in a Drama Series Storyline||Winner||Jack & Bobby||2005|
Christine Lahti roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood||Ellen|
|...and justice for all.||Gail Packer|
|Running on Empty||Annie Pope|
|Swing Shift||Hazel Zanussi|
|The Blacklist||Laurel Hitchin 9 episodes, 2015-2017|
|Grace and Frankie||Lydia Foster 1 episode, 2015|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Executive A.D.A. Sonya Paxton 7 episodes, 2009-2011|
|Ally McBeal||Sydney Gale 1 episode, 2001|
|Curb Your Enthusiasm||Christine Lahti 1 episode, 2020|
|Frasier||Laura 1 episode, 1994|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2004|
|Evil||Sheryl Luria 8 episodes, 2019-2020|
|Chicago Hope||Dr. Kathryn Austin 97 episodes, 1995-1999|
|The Talk||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2015|
|Hawaii Five-0||Doris McGarrett 10 episodes, 2012-2019|
|Ellen||Ellen Screen Test #4 1 episode, 1998|
|American Playhouse||Kathleen Morgan 1 episode, 1987|
Christine Lahti's Quotes
- (1998) I'm more proud of quitting smoking than of anything else I've done in my life, including winning an Oscar. I was so hooked on cigarettes that I allowed them to control my life. I had started smoking when I was 14 and after 20 years was up to 2 1/2 packs a day. I stay disciplined about eating right and working out now because once you get rid of something that self-destructive, you don't want unhealthy behavior anywhere in your life.
- [on her role in "Just Between Friends") Sandy was the closest to me of any character I've played.
- [on her college years in Ann Arbor] I was a hippie, but not a good one. I was secretly ambitious. I'd secretly watched the Academy Awards, which was definitely not cool.
Christine Lahti’s $2 Million Net Worth Details
Christine Lahti has made her fortune through her acting and directing career. Her net worth is estimated to be around $2 million, and this is a result of her decades of hard work, talent, and dedication. Lahti started as an actress in the late 197s and has since appeared in many blockbuster movies and TV shows. Her success as an artist has earned her a well-deserved spot on the list of wealthy celebrities.
What is Christine Lahti known for?
Christine Lahti is best known for her acting career, which spans over 40 years. She has appeared in numerous stage productions, TV shows, and movies. Though she is mainly known for her work as an actor, Lahti is also a successful television and movie director. With over 200 credits to her name as an actress and 25 as a director, Lahti has had an impressive career span.
Early life and education
Christine Lahti was born on April 4th, 195 in Birmingham, Michigan. She went to the University of Michigan, where she received a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in drama. After college, she moved to New York City to pursue a career in acting.
The talented actress landed her first professional role in 1978 when she starred in the television series The Harvey Korman Show as Maggie Kavanaugh. Some of her most notable roles include appearances in …And Justice for All, Swing Shift, Just Between Friends and Running on Empty.
From 1995 to 1999, Lahti starred in the series Chicago Hope as Dr Kathryn Austin, which earned her Emmy and Golden Globe nominations. Moreover, she won an Academy Award in 1996 for her role in Lieberman in Love. She also won two Golden Globe Awards for her performances in Chicago Hope and the film No Place Like Home.
In addition to her acting career, Lahti also directed movies such as My First Mister and several episodes of TV series like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Christine Lahti: Personal Life
Lahti has been married to her husband Thomas Schlamme since 1983. They have three children named Emma, Wilson, and Joseph Schlamme.
Aside from making more than 200 appearances on the small and big screen Lahti has also taken home many awards for her talent over the years including two Golden Globes, an academy award and a Primetime Emmy back in 1998.
In addition, Lahti is a member of The Committee of 200, a group of businesswomen that mentors and facilitates young women’s professional growth journeys. She’s also pro-women’s rights and frequently appears in several rallies to show her support towards key issues affecting women globally.
The Good Wife
Christine Lahti was always admired for wonderfully complex roles on the stage, whether they were portrayed on Broadway or off-Broadway. Later, movies became the medium through which she could showcase her thespian talents. While still portraying mentally unsound characters in movies Lahti found placing herself within The Good Wife cast as Gloria Steinem.
She showed her premiere level naturalistic performing skills in the role of Gloria. Even though Steinem’s best-known work was actually electioneering to support/encourage voter enrollment and the democratic process. National leaders often recognized Steinem thanks to the feminist cause. However, when Lahti played that honest, warm leader form human being viewers first see through leaked footage, outtakes.
Christine Lahti is a multi-talented and accomplished actress and director who has left a mark in the entertainment industry. From her humble beginnings to her impressive net worth, Lahti’s career trajectory is truly remarkable. Her success story serves as an inspiration to those who want to make it in this industry.
We hope that Christine Lahti continues to grace us with more amazing performances in years to come.
Interesting Facts about Christine Lahti
- Children with her husband Thomas Schlamme: sons Wilson Lahti Schlamme and Joseph Schlamme; one daughter, Emma Lahti.
- Christine was in the bathroom when she won her Golden Globe in 1998. Christine now makes light of this whenever presenting or receiving an award. In 1999, she purposely presented for the Golden Globes with a piece of toilet paper attached to her shoe.
- Lahti is Finnish for bay or cove.
- During her early years in New York, Christine was a waitress and worked in Central Park as a mime.
- Her father was of Finnish descent and her mother was of Austro-Hungarian ancestry.
- Protested alongside fellow actresses Sally Field & Jane Fonda, and playwright Eve Ensler urging the Mexican government to re-investigate the slayings of hundreds of women in Ciudad Juarez, on the Mexico-Texas border. (February 2004)
- Has never done a nude scene or posed nude in her 25+ years in show business.
- Traveled to Scotland with the Ann Arbor Mime Troupe.
- Good friends with Pamela Martin.
- Worked as a waitress in the Original Improvisation during her New York years.
- Graduated from Florida State University.
- She studied drama at HB Studio in Greenwich Village in New York City.
- Lahti designated The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (1974) and De tocht naar het duister (1962) as her favorite films in an AFI poll.
- Studied with William Esper and Uta Hagen.
- She was awarded the 1996 Drama Logue for Outstanding Performance for "Three Hotels" at the Mark Taper Forum Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
- In an interview on NPR, she referred to her role as A.D.A. Paxton on Law & Order: SVU, as one of her most rewarding roles on television. She said that she loved it so much she hoped there was a chance they could write her back in as a ghost, or in flashbacks. (Paxton was killed off in Season 13.).
- As of 2018, has never appeared in a film nominated for the Best Picture Oscar.