Basic Information About Alison Pill
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Voice Actor|
|Date of birth||1985-11-27 (38 years old)|
|Place of birth||Toronto|
|Spouse||Joshua Leonard - (24 May 2015 - present) (1 child)|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Alison Pill win?
Alison Pill roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Miss Sloane||Jane Molloy|
|Midnight in Paris||Zelda Fitzgerald|
|Scott Pilgrim vs. the World||Kim Pine|
|Hail, Caesar!||Mrs. Mannix|
|Dan in Real Life||Jane|
|Goon: Last of the Enforcers||Eva|
|Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen||Ella|
|To Rome with Love||Hayley|
|Pieces of April||Beth Burns|
|Them||Elizabeth 'Betty' Wendell 10 episodes, 2021|
|The Newsroom||Maggie Jordan 25 episodes, 2012-2014|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 3 episodes, 2010-2016|
|The Kelly Clarkson Show||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2020|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Lisa Ramsey 1 episode, 2006|
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Kelsey Murphy 1 episode, 2008|
|In Treatment||April 7 episodes, 2009|
|The Talk||Self 1 episode, 2020|
|The Family||Willa Warren 12 episodes, 2016|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2015-2016|
|Redwall||Cornflower 13 episodes, 1999|
|Conan||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2013|
|PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal||Sophie Schulman 1 episode, 1998|
Alison Pill's Quotes
- When I meet people I'm not usually freaked out. I guess the first big name I worked with was Sissy Spacek and that was really interesting just because she's so incredible and I learned so much from just watching her. But she's also so unassuming that I loved working with her. It wasn't like working with a star, it was Sissy. Not a big deal.
Alison Pill: A Talented Actress Worth 2 Million Dollars
It is not easy to stand out as an actress, but Alison Pill makes it look effortless. With numerous films and TV series under her belt, Pill has made a name for herself as a versatile actor who can move effortlessly between comedic and dramatic roles. Her impressive acting chops have earned her nominations for a Tony Award and a Young Artist Award. So, what else is there to know about this talented actress?
Net Worth Details
As of 2021, Alison Pill has a net worth of 2 million dollars. This has been amassed through her decades-long career in the entertainment industry. Pill’s success in the industry began when she was only twelve years old, and she has since continued to secure leading roles and take on ambitious projects that showcase her incredible talents.
What is Alison Pill known for?
Alison Pill is best known for her work in numerous film and TV projects. Some of these include Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Milk, The Newsroom, and Midnight in Paris.
Early life and education
Pill was born in Toronto, Canada, in 1985. Her parents enrolled her in private dance and voice lessons at the age of three, which helped to develop her innate acting talent. She studied at both the National Ballet School and the Toronto Children’s Chorus, which provided her with invaluable training that would serve her well when she began working on stage and screen.
Pill began her career in the entertainment industry at the age of twelve, working on various films and TV series before rapidly making the transition to adult roles. Her career breakthrough came when she portrayed Beth in the TV series The Book of Daniel in 2006. Since then, she has become one of the most sought-after actresses of her generation and has earned critical acclaim and audience admiration.
In recognition of her exceptional talent, Alison Pill was nominated for a Tony Award for her performance in Martin McDonagh’s The Lieutenant of Inishmore and a Young Artist Award for her lead role as a ballerina in Degas and the Dancer (HBO, 1998). Her performance in the family ‘clone’ fantasy The Other Me (Disney, 200) also earned her another Young Artist Award nomination. Pill has also played roles in various TV series such as In Treatment, The Pillars of the Earth and The Newsroom.
In 201, Alison Pill became engaged to actor Jay Baruchel. However, the couple ended their engagement and separated in 2013. Pill has kept her personal life relatively private, but continues to impress fans and critics with her exceptional abilities as an actress.
The Bottom Line
Alison Pill has proven that with hard work, talent, and dedication, it is possible to make a name for oneself even at a young age in the entertainment industry. Her impressive net worth and accomplishments reflect her loyalty and love for the art of acting where she provides a ray of hope for aspiring artists. With her consistent success, it is clear that she has more to offer audiences everywhere.
Interesting Facts about Alison Pill
- Is friends with Lorna Luft, whom she played in Life with Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows (2001).
- Her favourite actress is Patricia Clarkson, whom she worked with on Pieces of April (2003).
- When she first auditioned for Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004), the director, Sara Sugarman turned her down, as she had a more androgynous appearance in mind for the character of Ella. Pill took pictures of herself as a boy and auditioned a second time, and finally got the part.
- Is a fan of the band Coldplay, and often camps out to buy tickets for their concerts.
- Nominated for the 2006 Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play for "The Lieutenant of Inishmore".
- Learned to play drums for her role in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010).
- Was engaged to actor Jay Baruchel from December 2010 until March 2013.
- Off-Broadway show "Blackbird" opposite Jeff Daniels at Manhattan Theatre Club Stage II. [March 2007]
- Appearing on Broadway in Theresa Rebeck's "Mauritius". [September 2007]
- Appearing in an off-Broadway play "The Distance from Here" with Melissa Leo, Mark Webber and Anna Paquin. [June 2004]
- Currently portraying Annie Sullivan in The Miracle Worker on Broadway. [March 2010]
- Appearing in the Broadway play "The Lieutenant of Inishmore" at the Lyceum Theater, New York City [April 2006]
- Currently appearing off-Broadway in Neil LaBute's "Reasons to be Pretty . . ." which will transfer to Broadway in the fall of 2008. [June 2008]
- Her paternal grandparents were Estonian.
- (May 24, 2015) Married her longtime boyfriend Joshua Leonard following a 4-month-long engagement.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 30, a daughter named Wilder Grace Leonard on November 19, 2016. Child's father is her husband, Joshua Leonard.
- Is of Estonian and distant Swedish descent.
- As of 2019, she has been in 3 films that were Oscar nominated for Best Picture: Milk (2008), Midnight in Paris (2011), and Vice (2018).