Basic Information About Hamish Linklater
|Celebrities › Actors
|Date of birth
|1976-07-07 (47 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|21 January - Jessica Goldberg ( 2002 - 2012) (divorced) (1 child)
|6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Hamish Linklater win?
Hamish Linklater roles
|Movie / Series
|The Big Short
|Magic in the Moonlight
|The Angriest Man in Brooklyn
|Jerry Dantana 6 episodes, 2013
|Larue Dollard 4 episodes, 2017
|1 episode, 2021
|Pvt. Stan Silver 9 episodes, 2004
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
|David Morris 1 episode, 2012
|Clark / ... 22 episodes, 2017-2019
|Evan Grant 1 episode, 2009
|Dr. Jim Ellis 1 episode, 2020
|7 episodes, 2021
|Kevin Grimes 1 episode, 2003
|The New Adventures of Old Christine
|Matthew Kimble 88 episodes, 2006-2010
|The Big C
|Dave Cooper 4 episodes, 2012
|Dr. Joe Keller 1 episode, 2020
|The Crazy Ones
|Andrew Keanelly 22 episodes, 2013-2014
Hamish Linklater's Quotes
- I did try to go to college and try to be an English major.
- I've never seen anyone handling pans in the streets of New York, and if I did I doubt I'd give them money, unless I needed a pan. I do give money to homeless people, whether they ask or no.
- I invested all my money in debt.
- It was an outdoor Shakespeare theater that I grew up at. That feels like home, and the place I'm always trying to figure out how to get to.
- I'm a pretty cliché actor in that I hate watching myself on film.
The multi-talented Hamish Linklater: Net Worth & Biography
Hamish Linklater is an American actor, playwright, and screenwriter who has managed to make his mark in the entertainment industry with his charismatic performances and impeccable writing skills. His net worth, as of 2021, is $4 million, making him one of the most successful artists in the industry.
What is Hamish Linklater known for?
Hamish Linklater’s popularity peaked when he played Matthew Kimble on the CBS comedy-drama series, The New Adventures of Old Christine, alongside Julia Louis-Dreyfus. The series went on to become a massive hit, and he became one of the most sought-after stars in Hollywood.
Early life and education
Hamish Linklater was born in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, in July 1976. He was born to Scottish playwright Kristin Linklater and James Lincoln who is a teacher. As a young boy, he found a liking to acting and honed his craft by performing in school plays. After graduating from Commonwealth School in Boston, he enrolled at Amherst College, where he received his degree in Theater Arts.
Hamish Linklater began his professional career by appearing on several television shows, including Gideon’s Crossing, American Dreams, The New Adventures of Old Christine, and The Crazy Ones. Over the years, he has also appeared in several movies such as Groove, Fantastic Four, and The Big Short. His nuanced portrayal of Porter Collins in The Big Short earned him a nomination for the Screen Actors Guild Award in 2016—which is a testament to his talent and hard work. In addition to acting, he also finds joy in playwriting. Recently, two of his plays, Ones and The Vandal, have garnered critical acclaim.
Hamish Linklater married the renowned playwright Jessica Goldberg in 2002. After being together for ten years, they decided to part ways in 2012. However, the two share a son together. Hamish has been in a long-term relationship with actress Lily Rabe, and they welcomed their first child together in 2017.
Hamish Linklater is widely regarded as one of the most talented actors in the business. Apart from being recognized for his work on The Big Short, Hamish has also been nominated for several other prestigious awards in different categories. For example, in 2018, he was nominated for a Tony Award for his work as Iago in Othello. In addition, his plays have been surprisingly successful, and Ones was nominated for three Drama Desk Awards.
Hamish Linklater has undoubtedly come a long way since his early days in the industry. Even though he has achieved great success as an actor and writer, he promises to deliver even more outstanding content for his fans in the future. He is currently busy filming Tyler Perry’s A Jazzman’s Blues but hasn’t yet announced any new project or plans yet outside of that production.
Hamish Linklater is a highly acclaimed artist who has proven his mettle time and time again. From his days at Amherst College to his rise to fame in Hollywood, Hamish has continued to impress audiences with his exceptional acting skills.
His contribution to theater, television, and film has been remarkable, and his fans all over the world can’t wait to see what he has in store for them next. If his previous work is anything to go by, it’s clear that Hamish Linklater’s name will continue to be synonymous with sterling performances and great writing.
Interesting Facts about Hamish Linklater
- He is an avid gardener.
- Was second-in-line, after Michael Weatherly, to play the part of Logan in James Cameron's Dark Angel (2000).
- Son of Kristin Linklater.
- Daughter, Lucinda Rose, born in April 2007.
- Auditioned for the role of "Jim Halpert" in the television series, The Office (2005).
- His mother is Scottish and his father was American. His ancestry is Scottish, German, English, Irish, Swedish, and remote Belgian (Flemish).
- Linklater starred as the son of John Larroquette and Christine Baranski in the pilot for Happy Family (2003). He was featured in cast photos and NBC's early promotional clips, but his scenes were reshot with Jeff Bryan Davis prior to the show's debut.