Basic Information About Ione Skye
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Painter, Screenwriter, Film director|
|Date of birth||1970-09-04 (53 years old)|
|Place of birth||Hertfordshire|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Ben Lee - (29 December 2008 - present) (1 child)|
Adam Horovitz - (1991 - 1999) (divorced)
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Ione Skye win?
Ione Skye roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Zodiac||Kathleen Johns (uncredited)|
|The Last Blockbuster||Self|
|Say Anything...||Diane Court|
|River's Edge||Clarissa (as Ione Skye Leitch)|
|Four Rooms||Eva (segment "The Missing Ingredient")|
|My Father's Will||Diana Mancini|
|A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon||Denise Hunter|
|Made for Love||Lottie 1 episode, 2021|
|Good Girls||Gayle Meyer 5 episodes, 2020|
|Private Practice||Monica Daniels 1 episode, 2008|
|Arrested Development||Mrs. Veal 3 episodes, 2005-2019|
|The Twilight Zone||Melina Kroner 1 episode, 2002|
|Awkward.||Samantha Perry 1 episode, 2014|
|Rebel Highway||Carol Madison 1 episode, 1994|
Ione Skye's Quotes
- I was so happy to fall in love with an interior decorator! You know, he just moves things around at night or whenever, and it's just amazing; it just completely changes.
Ione Skye’s Journey to a Net Worth of $2 Million
British-American actress and painter, Ione Skye, is known for her appearances in several successful TV shows and movies. Starring in cult classics like “Say Anything…” and “Zodiac”, Skye has managed to accumulate a net worth of $2 million.
Early Life and Education
Born on September 4, 197, in Hertfordshire, England as Ione Skye Leitch, she is the daughter of the famous folk musician, Donovan, and model, Enid Karl. She spent her younger days in various parts of the US, growing up in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Connecticut.
Skye received formal training at the Hollywood High School for the performing arts, nurturing her budding interest in arts and acting. She then pursued her graduation from Immaculate Heart College in LA.
Ione Skye started her showbiz career in the 1986 hit movie “River’s Edge”, playing alongside stars such as Keanu Reeves and Dennis Hopper. She continued to work in different movies such as “The Rachel Papers,” “Covington Cross”, “Samantha”, and “Zodiac”.
However, it was her character “Diane Court” in Cameron Crowe’s “Say Anything…” (1989), that fetched her huge commercial success and a pioneer among indie movie actors during that period.
Alongside her accomplishments in film, Skye worked gracefully on TV shows such as “The Twilight Zone”, “Life as We Know It”, “Arrested Development”, and “Private Practice”. She rose to fame as an adolescent idol in the early 90s.
Ione Skye was married to Adam Horovitz in 1992 and got divorced in 1999, but the couple remains on amicable terms. She remarried Australian musician Ben Lee, with whom she had a daughter named Goldie Priya Lee, who is known to be born on September 24.
Other than her acting credits and philanthropy, Ione Skye is a painter and an author with a book named My Yiddish Vacation published in 2014 by Henry Holt and Company. In addition to her creative pursuits, she also practices Buddhism.
Ione Skye has quite an impressive list of honors. She has been recognized for her diverse works and unique style as an actress and was awarded the Golden Space Needle Award for Best Actress in 2007 at the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) for her movie “Fever”.
All said and done; Skye still continues to deliver quality performances even well into her career. Without a doubt, Ione Skye has left a towering legacy that has cemented her as an entertainment icon for years to come.
Interesting Facts about Ione Skye
- Name is pronounced Eye-oh-nee Sky.
- Graduated from Hollywood High.
- Reportedly given the middle name Skye because she was conceived on the isle of Skye, Scotland.
- Daughter of singer Donovan and Enid Graddis aka Enid Stulberger. Younger sister of Donovan Leitch Jr.. Half-sister of singer Astrella Celeste and Oriole Nebula on her father's side. Aunt of Violet Lilac Jean Leitch and Donovan Evers Leitch (Donovan Jr.'s children). Aunt of Sean Coco Chanell Ryder and Sebastian Kerr Pisel (Oriole's children). Granddaughter of Winnyfred Philips and Donald Leitch.
- Former sister-in-law of Kirsty Hume. Sister-in-law of Libby Mintz and Jason P. Rothberg (Astrella's husband).
- Her first husband, Adam Horovitz, is rapper/singer "Ad Rock" of the Beastie Boys.
- Appears in David Fincher's Zodiac (2007) for which the recurrent theme music is her father (Donovan)'s song "Hurdy Gurdy Man".
- Shares the same birthday as former sister-in-law Kirsty Hume.
- Lived with Anthony Kiedis, singer with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, from 1987 to 1990.
- Ex-daughter-in-law of Israel Horovitz. Ex-sister-in-law of Rachael Horovitz and Matthew Horovitz.
- Stepdaughter of Linda Lawrence her father's wife. Stepsister of Julian Brian Jones (Linda's son).
- Has been painting since she was a teenager. She has shown in Tokyo and Los Angeles.
- Gave birth to her 1st child, a daughter Kate S. Netto, with her now ex-boyfriend David Netto. Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 39, a daughter Goldie Priya Lee on September 24, 2009. Child's father is her 2nd husband, Ben Lee. 
- Engaged to musician Ben Lee. [January 2008]
- Her father is from a Scottish family. Her mother, a New Yorker, is from a Jewish family (from Galicia, in Eastern Europe, and Hungary).