Basic Information About Daniel Gillies
|Celebrities › Actors
|Date of birth
|1976-03-14 (47 years old)
|Place of birth
|United School of Performing Arts
|Rachael Leigh Cook - (14 August 2004 - 10 March 2021) (divorced) (2 children)
|5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ Imdb
What Movie Awards did Daniel Gillies win?
Daniel Gillies roles
|Movie / Series
|Wing Commander Hayes
|Bride & Prejudice
|The Vampire Diaries
|Elijah Mikaelson 23 episodes, 2010-2014
|Elijah Mikaelson 92 episodes, 2013-2018
|Mark 18 episodes, 2019-2020
|Nate Massey 2 episodes, 2017-2019
|Jon 1 episode, 2010
|Masters of Horror
|Jack Miller 1 episode, 2007
|Simon 2 episodes, 2002
|Cute Guy 1 episode, 2000
Daniel Gillies's Quotes
- Kevin Smith is so great in 'Kingdom Come,' isn't he? He's kind of this very earthy poet. He just has this immediate gregariousness, like, you kind of just want to be his pal.
- I moved to New Zealand from Winnipeg when I was almost five. I hated it. It was to a city in the south of New Zealand called Invercargill and there was constant rain. There was a depressing sensation in the air.
- Cable had a latitude to move which created less censorship and bestowed upon the artists, the writers and the creators, more liberty to create their shows.
- Tell people you're a Canadian or a Kiwi when you travel and they'll adore you.
- I will say that the food in both Japan and Italy was immaculate. I don't remember having bad food in either country.
Daniel Gillies’ Net Worth Details
Daniel Gillies, a famous New Zealand actor, has accumulated a net worth of $3 million dollars from his acting career. He came into this world on March 14, 1976, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Best known for his amazing performances on popular television series such as The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Saving Hope, Gillies has consistently delivered outstanding performances throughout his career.
Biography of Daniel Gillies
What is Daniel Gillies Known For?
Daniel Gillies is highly regarded due to his superb acting skills. He is best known for his diverse range of performances, captivating different audiences across various backgrounds. His exceptional roles on The Vampire Diaries and The Originals have been praised worldwide, making him one of the most recognizable faces in the entertainment industry.
Early Life and Education
Gilles comes from a family with numerous members engaged in medical practice; however, he decided to pursue a different path in life by opting for acting. He attended Unitec School of Performing Arts to hone his skills but made ends meet by working as a waiter in Canada. With a passion for acting still burning in his heart, he eventually had to move on to find greener pastures in Los Angeles, California.
Born with a natural talent for acting, Gillies soon got discovered as he incrementally took on more significant acting challenges. Eventually, he landed a role in one of New Zealand’s most famous TV crime dramas, Street Legal. Following his move to Los Angeles, he went ahead to emerge as a notable figure in Hollywood after appearing in blockbuster movies such as Spider-Man 2 and Bride and Prejudice. Nonetheless, Gillies found his true calling, and fame with his outstanding portrayal of Elijah Mikaelson, the iconic “Original Vampire,” in The Vampire Diaries and The Originals hugely contributed to the 41-year-old’s success. Additionally, Broken Kingdom stands out as one of Daniel Gillies’ greatest accomplishments, having written and directed the movie himself.
Daniel Gillies’ Achievements
Gillies certainly didn’t achieve his enormous success overnight. He’s won himself a respectable position in the entertainment industry because of his awe-inspiring roles and ability. His roles in The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Saving Hope displayed a fantastic playing screen that drew a lot of attention, and rightfully so. Among his notable accomplishments were winning The Method Fest Film Festival Award and ITVFEST’s Best Director Drama for Broken Kingdom, giving credibility to the fact that Gillies has proven himself to be more than capable of putting his abilities on display.
Aside from acting, the actor has been actively involved in various media works and directed a number of movies. He’s also announced the upcoming release of Kingdom Unmade on his Instagram account, keeping his fans eagerly waiting for the announcement.
Daniel Gillies leads a happy personal life with wife Rachael Leigh Cook, an actress, whom he’s been married to since 2004. They have been blessed with two beautiful children; Charlotte Easton Gillies and Theodore Vigo, and together they form a gorgeous family that share valued memories.
Daniel Gillies is one of the best actors that the television industry has ever seen. He stepped into the scene with gravitas, left us all impressed, and has since continued to showcase his talents in every project he takes up. With a well-decorated filmography to back him up, Gillies remains a critical part of Hollywood’s creative forces, consistently demonstrating his acting prowess and cementing his legacy in the entertainment industry.
Interesting Facts about Daniel Gillies
- Is an accomplished stage actor - previous stage experiences includes Toa Fraser's "Vs" at the SiLO Theatre's Tales of Phantasy festival in 1997
- His ex-wife, Rachael Leigh Cook, gave birth to their first child, daughter Charlotte Easton Gillies, on September 28, 2013.
- His ex-wife, Rachael Leigh Cook, gave birth to their second child, son Theodore Vigo Sullivan Gillies, on April 4, 2015 at 5:00 am in Los Angeles.
Additional information of Daniel Gillies
|Best Match for Marriage
|Rachael Leigh Cook
References & Fact Checks ✅
- 1/ Filename: daniel-gillies-2.jpg