Basic Information About Ted Shackelford
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1946-06-23 (77 years old)|
|Place of birth||Oklahoma City|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Blond/white-blond hair|
Thick gravelly voice
Very muscular physique
|Spouse||5 October - Annette Wolfe ( 1991 - present)|
24 April - Janis Leverenz ( 1976 - 1987) (divorced)
|Height||6 ft (1.854 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Ted Shackelford win?
Ted Shackelford awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Anniversary Award -||Winner||Knots Landing||2009|
Ted Shackelford roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Soap||R.C. 1 episode, 1980|
|Spin City||Barry Simmons 1 episode, 2001|
|Dallas||Gary Ewing 3 episodes, 2013|
|The Practice||Dr. Lawrence Stiles 1 episode, 2000|
|The Division||Ted Hillford 1 episode, 2004|
|Dallas||Gary Ewing 9 episodes, 1979-1991|
|Paradise||Preston McMillan 1 episode, 1989|
|Wonder Woman||Adam Clement / ... 2 episodes, 1977-1978|
|Alfred Hitchcock Presents||Garret / ... 1 episode, 1987|
|The Young and the Restless||Jeffrey Bardwell / ... 382 episodes, 2006-2015|
|Promised Land||Brad Elias 1 episode, 1998|
|Savannah||Charles Alexander 7 episodes, 1996|
|Space Precinct||Lieutenant Patrick Brogan 25 episodes, 1994-1995|
|Crossing Jordan||Emmett Parker 1 episode, 2005|
|The Outer Limits||High Secretary Paul Kohler 1 episode, 1999|
|The Twilight Zone||Fr. Mark Cassidy 1 episode, 1988|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self 1 episode, 1992|
|The Young Riders||Lucas Malone 1 episode, 1989|
|Another World||Raymond Gordon 3 episodes, 1975-1977|
|Cybill||Bobbie Ray Weeks / ... 1 episode, 1998|
Ted Shackelford's Quotes
- [Of his Knots Landing (1979) character]: Gary's just a schmuck most of the time. He's manipulated by women.
- [When he was worried he'd be typecasted]: People have always scared the hell out of me. You think, 'My God, there's something about me. I allow myself to be pushed around.' You have to tell yourself it's fiction.
- Sexual arousal is an emotion, we deal in emotions. It happens to all of us. I object to this whole Calvinist approach to life. It's tits jumping up and down, and little girls' butts going back and forth. It's voyeuristic pap.
- [When he organized the Sierra Club in the early 1980s]: It seems as if there ought to be something to accomplish with celebrity other than stroking my ego. I think President Reagan and Interior Secretary Watt care, but they care about the wrong things, the whole ecological chain is going down the tubes. Instead of developing new resources, Reagan and Watt are trying to squeeze every ounce of oil and coal out of the earth. It's as if you were dying of hunger and started eating your foot and working your way up.
- I just get interested in what pisses me off.
Ted Shackelford – a Look into the Career of an Accomplished American Actor
Ted Shackelford is an accomplished American actor with a net worth of $6 million. Born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in June 1946, his talent has been recognized throughout his career. He is best known for his role in Dallas and Knots Landing as Gary Ewing from 1979-1993. In this article, we will explore Ted Shackelford’s life, net worth details, and achievements in greater detail.
Net Worth Details
The successful career of Ted Shackelford reflects on his net worth, which has been evaluated at $6 million. His starring roles in popular television series have contributed largely to his current wealth.
What is Ted Shackelford Known for?
Ted Shackelford is best known in the television industry for his role as Gary Ewing in Dallas and Knots Landing. His remarkable portrayal of Lt. Patrick Brogan in Space Precinct was also well received, earning him more praises among the audiences worldwide.
Early Life and Education
Ted Shackelford grew up in Oklahoma City, where he completed his primary education. Later he moved to Southern California to attend college. After completing his degree in drama from Los Angeles City College, he started his career in Hollywood.
Ted Shackelford’s acting breakthrough happened when he was cast as Gary Ewing on the famous television series entitled Dallas (1979-1991). His performance earned him the opportunity to reprise the same role in Knots Landing (1979-1993), for which he earned critical acclaim and many awards.
After his success in Dallas, he was cast as Lieutenant Patrick “Pod” Brogan on the British-American sci-fi series Space Precinct (1994–1995). He continued to take smaller roles until 2006, where he played the role of Jeffrey Bardwell on the soap opera The Young and the Restless. Ted Shackelford proved his versatility as an actor through each of his many roles, and his passion for his craft has been demonstrated uncompromisingly.
Ted Shackelford’s achievements in the television industry have earned him recognition from not just colleagues and viewers but numerous casting agents, too. In Knots Landing, he played one of the main characters, leading to critical acclaim of the show and a prominent win at the TV Land Awards. Moreover, he has earned nominations for Soap Opera Digest Awards for Knots Landing twice in 1986 as Outstanding Actor in a Leading Role on a Prime Time Serial and for Outstanding Hero in Prime Time.
Ted Shackelford keeps his personal life very private, but it is known that he has been married to Annette Wolfe since 1976. Together they have two children and still enjoy their life in sunny California.
Ted Shackelford is one of the most accomplished and experienced actors in Hollywood. Even today, as one of the oldest personalities of the television industry, he continues to impress audiences with his performances. He has earned critical acclaim due to his tremendous achievements on television and won hearts globally through his remarkable portrayals on the screen.
To summarize, Ted Shackelford is a tribute to acting pursuers worldwide – his net worth reflects his success, expertise, and continuous hard work throughout his career. Shackelford’s personal and professional life showcases how talent, hard work, and passion can help you succeed regardless of life’s circumstances.
Interesting Facts about Ted Shackelford
- Raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA, where his father was stationed with the military.
- Attended the University of Denver.
- Began as a replacement performer for actor David Ackroyd in a few episodes of the original Dallas (1978) as Gary Ewing, and ended up keeping the role, ultimately appearing in nine episodes between 1979 and 1991, where Ackroyd appeared in only two episodes, both in 1978.
- He has appeared with Joan Van Ark in episodes of four different series: Wonder Woman (1975), Dallas (1978) series, Knots Landing (1979) and Dallas (2012).
- Best known by the public for his role as Gary Ewing on Dallas (1978) and its spin-off series Knots Landing (1979).
- He has played the same character (Gary Ewing) on three different series: Dallas (1978), Knots Landing (1979) and Dallas (2012).
- Was in a relationship with his Knots Landing (1979) co-star, Teri Austin, between his 1987 divorce from Janis Leverenz and his 1991 marriage to Annette Wolfe.
- His acting mentors are Barbara Bel Geddes and Don Murray.
- Credits Don Murray as his favorite acting mentor, in his years.
- He appeared in 21 of the 31 seasons of the "Dallas" franchise, more than anyone else: Seasons Three, Four, Five, Six, Nine and Fourteen of Dallas (1978), all fourteen seasons of Knots Landing (1979) and the second season of Dallas (2012).
- Along with Michele Lee and Joan Van Ark, he is one of only three actors to appear in both the first and last episodes of Knots Landing (1979): Knots Landing: Pilot (1979) and Knots Landing: Just Like Old Times: Part 2 (1993) respectively.
- Along with Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy, Charlene Tilton and Joan Van Ark, he is one of only five actors to play the same character (Gary Ewing) in all three series in the "Dallas" franchise: Dallas (1978), Knots Landing (1979) and Dallas (2012).
- He appeared in 330 of the 344 episodes of Knots Landing (1979), more than anyone other than Michele Lee who appeared in every episode.