Basic Information About Jennifer Carpenter
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Voice Actor|
|Date of birth||1979-12-07 (44 years old)|
|Place of birth||Louisville|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Seth Avett - (29 May 2016 - present) (1 child)|
Michael C. Hall - (31 December 2008 - 2 December 2011) (divorced)
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.74 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Jennifer Carpenter win?
Jennifer Carpenter awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|MTV Movie Award - Best Frightened Performance||Winner||The Exorcism of Emily Rose||2006|
|Scream Award - Breakout Performance||Winner||The Exorcism of Emily Rose||2006|
|Fright Meter Award - Best Actress||Nominee||Quarantine||2008|
|Scream Award - Best Horror Actress||Nominee||Quarantine||2009|
|Saturn Award - Best Supporting Actress on Television||Winner||Dexter||2009|
|Critics' Choice TV Award - Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Nominee||Dexter||2013|
|Gold Derby TV Award - Drama Supporting Actress||Nominee||Dexter||2013|
|IGN Award - Best TV Actress||Winner||Dexter||2012|
|Prism Award - Female Performance in a Drama Series Multi-Episode Storyline||Nominee||Dexter||2014|
|Scream Award - Best Supporting Actress||Winner||Dexter||2009|
Jennifer Carpenter roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Dragged Across Concrete||Kelly Summer|
|Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge||Sonya Blade (voice)|
|The Exorcism of Emily Rose||Emily Rose|
|Brawl in Cell Block 99||Lauren Thomas|
|A Mouthful of Air||Lucy|
|Batman: Gotham by Gaslight||Selina Kyle (voice)|
|Dexter||Debra Morgan 96 episodes, 2006-2013|
|Limitless||Rebecca Harris 22 episodes, 2015-2016|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self 1 episode, 2019|
|Robot Chicken||Donut / ... 1 episode, 2014|
|The Enemy Within||Erica Shepherd 13 episodes, 2019|
|Loose Women||Self 1 episode, 2009|
|Conan||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2012|
Jennifer Carpenter's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|Dexter (2006)||$75,000 per episode|
Jennifer Carpenter's Quotes
- I love that there's a beginning, middle and end to a film and you can craft what the whole journey is going to look like.
- I hate to say it because I feel like it might be a jinx, but yes - knock on wood - I have never broken a bone.
- I believe in possibility, but I'm not sure I believe in demons.
- I have learned that keeping my personal life outside of work is the easier, richer way to work.
- I usually spend the hiatus of Dexter (2006) in New York in a way to balance things.
Jennifer Carpenter – Everything You Need to Know About This Dexter Star
Jennifer Carpenter is an American actress known for her work in various TV shows and movies. She’s most popular for her role as Debra Morgan in Showtime’s “Dexter.” But this article is not just about her career success. It’s time to find out about Jennifer Carpenter’s net worth, early life, relationships, achievements, and more.
What is Jennifer Carpenter’s Net Worth and Salary?
According to recent estimates, Jennifer Carpenter’s net worth is $8 million. For her Emmy-nominated role in “Dexter,” she earned an impressive $100,000 per episode at the peak of the series. She has also been awarded various acting honors such as Best Supporting Actress from the Saturn Awards.
Jennifer Carpenter was born in Louisville, Kentucky, on December 7, 1979. She went to St. Raphael the Archangel Elementary School and later attended the all-girls Sacred Heart Academy to finish her high school education.
Following her graduation from high school, Jennifer Carpenter enrolled in the Walden Theatre Conservatory Program to learn acting skills. After this program, she studied for four years at the famed Juilliard School in New York City.
In 2005, Jennifer Carpenter made her film debut in “The Exorcism of Emily Rose” and rose to fame through her stunning portrayal of Emily Rose. Her portrayal won her acclaim as well as Hollywood Life’s Breakout Performance Award and a 2006 MTV Movie Award for Best Frightened Performance.
Carpenter’s significant breakthrough role arrived in the form of Dexter’s adoptive sister Debra Morgan on the Showtime hit series “Dexter” in 2006, a role that brought her world-wide recognition. Her portrayal of Debra was also appreciated by critics and made her a popular household name.
In 2011, Carpenter landed a significant guest role on the CBS legal drama “The Good Wife,” where she played the character of Patty Nyholm, which earned her much popularity among audiences.
Jennifer Carpenter’s list of achievements extends from popular TV shows to some convincing performances in movies such as her outstanding work in “Limitless,” where she gave impressive acting alongside Bradley Cooper.
In 2007, Jennifer Carpenter started dating actor Michael C. Hall, with whom he co-starred on “Dexter.” The two got engaged in 2008 and then promptly came out as a married couple at the 66th Golden Globe Awards in January of 2009. They filed for divorce in 201, which was finalized in 2011. Carpenter later got engaged to musician Seth Avett, and they have a son together who was born before they exchanged vows.
Jennifer Carpenter sold her 1937 bungalow home originally built as hunting cottage and located in Los Angeles for $695,000 back in 2008. The estate encompasses an exquisite view with higher ceilings, hardwood flooring, a fireplace, and a totally redone kitchen. Before she sold the wonderful home back in 2008, she did complete some updates.
Jennifer Carpenter was awarded the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television in 2009 for her role in “Dexter.” She has also won multiple other honors and awards for her work in TV series and movies. Carpenter is known for her subtle yet insightful acting style and was commended by critics and fans.
One more achievement that Jennifer Carpenter can maintain to her name is surpassing a fan of Mortal Kombat when it comes to realizing a fan’s goal of becoming Sonya Blade in the upcoming animated film. In 202, she also lent voice as Sonya Blade in “Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion Revenge.”
Jennifer Carpenter has had a great career progress, starting with her developing interest in acting at a young age. Her incredible talent ultimately brought her to critical recognition, which made her popular and brought her leading roles. Today, Jennifer Carpenter is known for her contribution to American cinema and TV shows, making her one of the most successful actresses working in the industry.
Interesting Facts about Jennifer Carpenter
- She went to Sacred Heart Academy in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Attended the Juilliard School in New York City.
- Growing up in Kentucky, frequently went shooting with her father.
- Ex-husband Michael C. Hall plays her brother on Dexter (2006).
- In 2010, she ran the New York City Marathon with Elementary (2012) lead and former Dexter (2006) co-star, Jonny Lee Miller, completing it in 3:34.
- Michael C. Hall and Jennifer married on 31st December 2008. They subsequently divorced in December 2011, but continued to work together in the show.
- Her sister is a chiropractor.
- Good friends with Gone (2012) costar Amanda Seyfried.
- Following the completion of Dexter (2006), Carpenter moved to North Carolina, the home of her partner Seth Avett.
- Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall divorced due to "irreconcilable differences".
- Jennifer Carpenter was the voice of "Juli Kidman" in the video game, PsychoBreak (2014).
- Was 8½ months pregnant with her son Isaac while was shooting the pilot of Limitless (2015).
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 35, a son named Isaac Avett in February 2015. Child's father is her fiancé, Seth Avett.
- (May 29, 2016) Married her boyfriend of 2½ years and father of her 15-month-old son Isaac, Seth Avett, following a 15-month-long engagement.