What Movie Awards did Joseph Mazzello win?
Joseph Mazzello awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Bambi - Film - International||Winner||Jurassic Park||1993|
|Hollywood Film Award - Ensemble of the Year||Winner||The Social Network||2010|
|Ensemble Cast Award -||Winner||The Social Network||2011|
|PFCS Award - Best Ensemble Acting||Winner||The Social Network||2010|
|Young Artist Award - Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actor||Nominee||Simon Birch||1999|
|YoungStar Award - Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Drama Film||Winner||Simon Birch||1999|
Joseph Mazzello roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|The Lost World: Jurassic Park||Tim|
|Bohemian Rhapsody||John Deacon (as Joe Mazzello)|
|G.I. Joe: Retaliation||Mouse (as Joe Mazzello)|
|The Social Network||Dustin Moskovitz|
|Presumed Innocent||Wendell McGaffney|
|The River Wild||Roarke Hartman|
|Raising Helen||Prom Date Peter|
|Simon Birch||Joe Wenteworth|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2018|
|Justified||Billy St. Cyr 3 episodes, 2013|
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Justin Lamond 1 episode, 2003|
Joseph Mazzello's Quotes
- Make acting seem real and as if it weren't acting. Just make it real.
- You guys are getting exponentially weirder.
The Multi-Talented Joseph Mazzello: Net Worth and Career Details
Joseph Mazzello has proven himself as one of the most talented personalities in the entertainment industry. With a net worth of $3 million, he has shown that both acting and behind-the-scenes work can lead to great success.
Early Life and Education
Joseph Mazzello was born in Rhinebeck, New York on September 21, 1983. Since childhood, acting had always been his passion. He went on to graduate from the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts in 2001.
Jurassic Park, the highest-grossing film of 1993, shot Joseph to international stardom at a young age. He then appeared in a number of other successful movies such as Shadowlands, The River Wild, The Cure, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, and Simon Birch.
In 2002, Mazzello took a break from acting and turned his focus towards attending college, graduating in 2006. It was here that he began to develop interests in other areas of film, including directing and screenwriting.
After graduation, Joseph was lucky enough to work alongside Steven Spielberg – one of his role models since he was a child. It was Spielberg who encouraged Joseph to return to performing arts.
In 201, Mazzello starred as Eugene Sledge in the HBO mini-series ‘The Pacific.’ He continued to pursue both his behind-the-scenes work and acting career. He appeared in movies such as ‘G.I. Joe: Retaliation’ and ‘Bohemian Rhapsody,’ where he portrayed Queen’s bassist John Deacon.
Along with this, Joseph is a director and screenwriter. He directed, wrote, and acted in ‘Dear Sidewalk,’ which premiered at the Cinequest Film Festival in San Jose, California in 2013.
Joseph Mazzello has achieved a lot throughout his career. One of his biggest achievements is playing John Deacon, the esteemed Queen bassist, in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’. The movie grossed over $903 million worldwide and earned Mazzello a lot of acclaim.
Another crowning achievement for Joseph was being personally recommended by Steven Spielberg when applying to the USC School of Cinematic Arts. It is not every day that an iconic director supports an applicant’s admission into USC’s prestigious film program.
Joseph Mazzello won a Young Artist Award in 1994 for Best Youth Actor Co-Starring in a Motion Picture Drama for Jurassic Park. He has continued to receive acclaim ever since.
With a net worth of $3 million due to his acting, directorial, and screenwriting ventures, Joseph Mazzello has proven to be a multi-talented personality. He has given us memorable on-screen performances in Hollywood blockbusters while also showing his writing and directing prowess through his work in independent films.
Joseph Mazzello’s passion and commitment to his craft encompasses everything he does, whether it’s acting or pursuing behind-the-scenes work. With no plans on slowing down, it’s anyone’s guess what Joseph will accomplish next. Whatever he does, rest assured that Mazzello will continue to dazzle audiences with his artistic creations.
Interesting Facts about Joseph Mazzello
- His parents own and operate a dance studio
- Radio Flyer (1992) began filming on Joe's 7th birthday.
- In the original 1990 novel of Jurassic Park, Tim was age 11 and Lex was age 8. Steven Spielberg swapped their ages in Jurassic Park (1993) so that Joseph could play Tim.
- Brother of John Mazzello, also has an older sister, Mary.
- Joseph was originally going to play Jack Banning, Robin Williams' son in Hook (1991), but he was too young for the part. Steven Spielberg went out of his way to the point of changing the script for Jurassic Park (1993) so that Joseph could play Tim.
- Raised in Hyde Park, New York.
- Favorite movie is It's a Wonderful Life (1946).
- Was put under a contract in 1993 for Wartime Lies, a screenplay based on the novel by Louis Begley, under direction of the late Stanley Kubrick. He was on the contract for two years. The movie was never made. It did however, lead to rumors of him being in A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001).
- Favorite actor is his idol, James Stewart.
- His hometown of Hyde Park, NY is where Franklin D. Roosevelt used to live.
- Has been passionate about oldies music, and when he was growing up, his sister teased him for being old-fashioned.
- Graduated from USC with a degree in cinema-television (2005)
- When work began on A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) in 1993, he was cast as David. That film would end up being directed by his Jurassic Park (1993) director, Steven Spielberg. His encounter with the velociraptors in that film was itself a reference to Stanley Kubrick's film The Shining (1980).
- Was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine's Young Hollywood Issue.
- Attended Our Lady of Lourdes High School in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- His father is of three quarters Italian, and one quarter German Jewish, descent. His mother is of Irish, and small amounts of English and Dutch, ancestry.
- A student at the University of Southern California (USC), as a Cinema-Television major [May 2002].
- He played Richard Attenborough's grandson in Jurassic Park (1993). Attenborough later cast him as Douglas Gresham in Shadowlands (1993), his next film as a director.
- Born on the same date as Maggie Grace.
- Plays John Deacon in Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) and has a dog named Deacon in The Pacific (2010).