What Movie Awards did John David Washington win?
John David Washington awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|People's Choice Award - Favorite Action Movie Star||Nominee||Tenet||2020|
|DFCS Award - Best Actor||Nominee||BlacKkKlansman||2018|
|Golden Schmoes - Best Actor of the Year||Nominee||BlacKkKlansman||2018|
|Hollywood Breakthrough Award - Breakthrough Actor||Winner||BlacKkKlansman||2018|
|OFTA Film Award - Best Breakthrough Performance: Male||Winner||BlacKkKlansman||2019|
|PCC Award - Best Actor||Nominee||BlacKkKlansman||2018|
|Virtuoso Award -||Winner||BlacKkKlansman||2019|
|Audience Award - Best Foreign Actor (Melhor Ator Estrangeiro)||Winner||BlacKkKlansman||2019|
John David Washington roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Malcolm & Marie||Malcolm|
|Malcolm X||Student in Harlem Classroom|
|Devil in a Blue Dress||Boy with Toy Rifle (uncredited)|
|The Old Man & the Gun||Lt. Kelly|
|Monster||Richard 'Bobo' Evans|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2018|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2018|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2018|
|Ballers||Ricky Jerret 47 episodes, 2015-2019|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self / ... 3 episodes, 2018-2020|
|The Daily Show||Self 1 episode, 2019|
|Access Hollywood||Self 2 episodes, 2018-2021|
|The Oprah Winfrey Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2006|
John David Washington's Quotes
- I hope people will see how harmful words are and how irresponsible we can be when saying the wrong things at the wrong time to certain people.
- Coming from a football background, when everybody is doing their job and operating on such a high level, it only motivates you to do the same.
- My mother is very positive and encouraging and nurturing, as a mother should be. She's my auditioning partner. She says when it's not good enough; she says when I'm ready.
- Like acting, undercover detective work requires a lot of performance. There's just more pressure because it's life-or-death situations.
- Whenever you're feeling moments of discomfort, that means true change is happening for you.
John David Washington- A Rising Star On The Hollywood Horizon
John David Washington is quickly becoming a household name in the entertainment industry with his exceptional acting and dedication to the craft. With famous parents, it is not surprising that he followed in their footsteps. However, what may come as a surprise is his early beginnings as a football player. From the NFL to Hollywood, Washington’s journey is compelling.
John David Washington was born on July 28, 1984, in Los Angeles, California, as the eldest of four children. His parents, Academy Award-winning actor Denzel Washington and actress Pauletta Washington, immersed him in the world of entertainment from an early age. He appeared in his first movie as a seven-year-old student in Spike Lee’s 1992 film ‘Malcolm X,’ starring his father.
Washington attended Campbell Hall School in Los Angeles as a teen, where he became an athlete lettering in basketball, track, and football. After graduating in 2002, he went on to attend Morehouse College in Atlanta,
Career Beginnings In Football
Washington career as a football player began at Morehouse College, where he led the conference in rushing yards with a school record of 1,198 yards. Also, he set school records for both career rushing yards and single-game rushing yards with 3,699 and 242, respectively. In 2006 he went undrafted in the NFL draft but found himself as a free agent with an opportunity to sign a contract with the St. Louis Rams. He signed with the Rams briefly but was released later and placed on the team’s practice squad for the entire season. He joined the Rhein Fire for NFL Europe season during the 2007 offseason. He eventually joined the UFL’s California Redwoods, which later became the Sacramento Mountain Lions after moving to Sacramento. He played with the team for four years up to 2012.
In 2015, Washington was cast on the HBO series ‘Ballers,’ where he played Ricky Jerret, a deeply competitive NFL player who also has a prominent spiritual side. The show was very successful, and Washington was praised for his role, helping him gain bigger opportunities.
As an adult, Washington gave his first film performance in the 2017 musical drama ‘Love Beats Rhymes.’ But his breakthrough performance came in Spike Lee’s ‘BlacKkKlansman,’ where he starred as African-American detective Ron Stallworth. This project won the Grand Prix at Cannes and garnered attention worldwide for its powerful message. Due to the popularity of his role in this film, Washington was soon cast in Christopher Nolan’s next film, 202 science-fiction spy film ‘Tenet’ where he starred opposite Robert Pattinson. In 2021, Washington starred with Zendaya in the romantic drama ‘Malcolm & Marie.’
What is John David Washington’s Net Worth and Salary?
The former football player turned actor has successfully accumulated a net worth of $8 million from his Hollywood career, according to celebritynetworth.com. This sum still pales compared to that of his famous father’s net worth, but considering that John David only started acting recently, it could rise if his career continues its present upward trajectory.
Washington’s achievements continue to pile up as he garners nominations and wins in large award shows. His awards include nominations for The Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild for ‘BlacKkKlansman.’ The success of the movie has carried on to influence more considerable roles, according to Den of Geek, “Since BlacKkKlansman, Washington has secured roles in two of the most-anticipated upcoming releases: Christopher Nolan’s Tenet, and The Rock-led Netflix film, Red Notice.” Although these movies have been completed and released, reports of recent Hollywood projects that Washington has taken up imply that he aims to cement his position in the film industry.
Washington enjoys his privacy and keeps his private life separate from the public eye. However, he did make some headlines when he thanked Storm Reid publicly for “putting things in perspective” for him at an awards show. Fans went into overdrive about their “hidden romance,” but both clarified the speculations to simply be BFFs. He also defends Dwayne Wade’s daughter while revealing the upbringing his father had given him.
John David Washington continues to rise in his career and showcase his value as a hard worker while honing his acting skills. He is leaving his legacy in acting, roping in younger audiences with his diverse characters portrayals. We can only wait and wish John David on the big screen’s continued success.
Interesting Facts about John David Washington
- Son of actor Denzel Washington and actress and singer Pauletta Washington.
- Won a football scholarship to Morehouse College, class of 2006.
- Was signed by the St. Louis Rams after going undrafted in the 2006 NFL draft.
- Was allocated to the NFL Europe, is playing for the Hamburg Sea Devils (Germany) in the 2007 season as a Running Back.
- Grandson of Lennis Washington. Older brother of Katia Washington, and twins Malcolm and Olivia Washington.
- Nephew of actress Rita Pearson.
- John David is his actually his first name. He doesn't like it when people just call him John.
- Set the record for rushing yards at Morehouse.
- His favorite movies are "Dances with Wolves" (1990), "Raging Bull" (1980), "Man on Fire" (2004), "Coming to America" (1988), and "Glory" (1989).
- He was born and raised is Los Angeles, California.
- He was a Letterman level athlete in football, basketball and track in high school.
- Friends with Omari Hardwick.