Basic Information About Paz de la Huerta
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1984-09-03 (39 years old)|
|Place of birth||New York City|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Combat boots and leopard skirt|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Paz de la Huerta win?
Paz de la Huerta roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|A Walk to Remember||Tracie (as Paz De La Huerta)|
|The Cider House Rules||Mary Agnes|
|Enter the Void||Linda|
|Nurse 3-D||Abby Russell|
|Deception||List Member #1|
|Riding in Cars with Boys||Phone Call Flirt|
|Choke||Nico (as Paz De La Huerta)|
|The Object of My Affection||13-Year-Old Sally|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Karen Raye 1 episode, 2000|
|The Practice||Jenny Holbrook 1 episode, 2000|
|Eagleheart||Tess 2 episodes, 2013|
|Law & Order||Chloe 1 episode, 2000|
|Boardwalk Empire||Lucy Danziger 24 episodes, 2010-2011|
|The Wonderful World of Disney||Becca Donovan 1 episode, 2001|
Paz de la Huerta's Quotes
- [on advice that she should avoid playing nude scenes] That's good advice, but I'm telling you, typecasting is typecasting. And I mean, look at Charlotte Rampling. She's a brilliant actress, and she's still getting naked for films. If I look like that at her age, I'll flaunt it.
- Women have said the most malicious, disgusting things about me. But I know that when somebody comments about you, good or bad, it is 99 percent of the time their projection of how they feel about themselves. Even my own sister treats me worse than somebody would treat a rat. She actually likes rats, so worse than that.
The talented yet controversial Paz de la Huerta
When it comes to actors and actresses, there are those that make headlines for their talent, and those that make headlines for their controversies. Paz de la Huerta is definitely an actress in the second category, with a number of headline-grabbing antics that have made her one of the most talked-about celebrities of our time. However, it is also important to note that her talent as an actress cannot be denied. Paz has been able to pursue her passion and build a net worth of $4 million in the process.
Net Worth Details
As of 2021, Paz de la Huerta’s net worth is estimated to be about $4 million. This is an impressive sum considering that she has only appeared in a handful of movies and TV series over her career.
What is Paz de la Huerta known for?
Paz de la Huerta is best known for her acting career, having appeared in a number of different movies and TV shows over the years. However, she is perhaps even more famous for her wild behavior and controversies than she is for her roles on screen.
Early life and education
Paz de la Huerta was born in New York City in September 1984, into a family of intellectuals. She showed an interest in acting from an early age and began modeling when she was a teenager. After graduating high school, she attended St. Ann’s School to focus on honing her craft in dramatic arts.
Paz de la Huerta’s career started in modeling when she was fifteen years old. She has appeared on the cover of Italian Vogue as well as numerous other magazines. After her success as a model, she transitioned to acting and received roles in several films and tv shows. The major breakthrough in her career was the part of Lucy Danzinger in the tv series, Boardwalk Empire, with which she won Screen Actors Guild award.
Some of her most famous appearances include ‘The Object of My Affection,’ ‘Luminous Motion,’ ‘The Cider House Rules,’ ‘Riding in Cars with Boys,’ ‘Homework,’ and ‘The Girl Is in Trouble.’ In addition to her acting work, Paz has also been a subject of rumors and controversies that have continued to keep her in the spotlight throughout her career.
Paz de la Huerta’s awards span from Screen Actors Guild for her work in Boardwalk Empire, Independent Spirit Awards for Best Supporting Female and Hamptons Film Festival Rising Star award both for Burning Palms.
Paz de la Huerta is as famous for her off-screen antics as she is for her ability on screen. She has been involved in a number of controversies over the years, from public spats with celebrities to run-ins with the law. In 2011, she was arrested after an alleged altercation with reality star Samantha Swetra. In 2012, she made headlines after suing Lionsgate for $55 million over an alleged on-set injury. Despite the many scandals surrounding her name, Paz continues to work in Hollywood and remains one of the most fascinating figures in the entertainment world today.
The Bottom Line
Paz de la Huerta may be a controversial figure, but there is no doubting her talent as an actress. From her breakout role on Boardwalk Empire to her various film appearances, she has shown a remarkable range and dedication to her craft. Whether or not she continues to make headlines in the years to come, there is no doubt that she has already made a significant impact on the world of entertainment.
Interesting Facts about Paz de la Huerta
- Likes punk rock.
- Has a sister, Rafaela (Rafa) born in 1982. Father lives on a ranch in Spain, mother works for the US, helping with birth control in third-world countries.
- Appeared on the cover of the New York Times Sunday Magazine in October of 2003.
- As a child, her first name was pronounced in the traditional Spanish way, which is "Paz," which means the z is pronounced it means . pax, peace; tranquility, rest.
- Attended Buck's Rock Camp in New Milford, Connecticut.
- Her name (Paz de la Huerta) literally means "Peace of the Orchard" in Spanish.
- Was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine's Young Hollywood Issue.
- Was born with a recurring cystic hygroma on her right side that grows back and needs to be removed again every few years. As of 2010, she has had seven surgeries for it since birth.
- Was raised in Soho in the 1980s in an apartment beneath that of hard-partying art dealer Larry Gagosian, whose hot tub often leaked into her family's place.
- Claims her father served in the French Foreign Legion.
- Lives in New York City with her parents.
- Born on the same date as Garrett Hedlund.
- She said in an interview with Vanity Fair that Harvey Weinstein raped her on two separate occasions in 2010, once after demanding to enter her apartment and have a drink, and once showing up after she had been subjected to repeated phone calls and had been drinking. De la Huerta came forward to police in 2017, within the New York state statute of limitations for rape in the first degree, and the New York District Attorney's Office is considering bringing charges against Weinstein.