Basic Information About Wendi McLendon-Covey
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Screenwriter, Film Producer, Comedian|
|Date of birth||1969-10-10 (54 years old)|
|Place of birth||Bellflower|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Greg Covey - (10 August 1996 - present)|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.72 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Wendi McLendon-Covey win?
Wendi McLendon-Covey roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar||Mickey Revelet|
|What Men Want||Olivia|
|Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween||Kathy|
|Sylvie's Love||Lucy Wolper|
|What to Expect When You're Expecting||Kara|
|Hello, My Name Is Doris||Cynthia|
|Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House||Carol Tschudy|
|Status Update||Ann Moore|
|Army of One||Marci Mitchell|
|Reno 911!: Miami||Deputy Clementine Johnson|
|The Office||Concierge Marie 1 episode, 2008|
|Modern Family||Pam 2 episodes, 2012-2013|
|The Goldbergs||Beverly Goldberg 185 episodes, 2013-2021|
|Mike Tyson Mysteries||Elsa Schmidt / ... 2 episodes, 2015-2019|
|Blaze and the Monster Machines||Frilly / ... 1 episode, 2018|
|Solar Opposites||Cindeen / ... 2 episodes, 2020-2021|
|M.O.D.O.K.||Monica Rappaccini 1 episode, 2021|
|Greek||Connie 1 episode, 2008|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 3 episodes, 2011-2014|
|The Kelly Clarkson Show||Self 1 episode, 2020|
|A Little Late with Lilly Singh||Self 1 episode, 2020|
|Crossing Swords||Doreen 5 episodes, 2020|
|Sesame Street||Self 1 episode, 2014|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self 4 episodes, 2014-2016|
|Cougar Town||Vice Principal 1 episode, 2011|
|Last Week Tonight with John Oliver||Ambulance dispatcher 1 episode, 2016|
|Rules of Engagement||Liz 14 episodes, 2010-2013|
|The Looney Tunes Show||Patricia Bunny 3 episodes, 2012|
|Kath & Kim||Lucy 1 episode, 2008|
|Puppy Dog Pals||Mrs. Claus / ... 3 episodes, 2018-2020|
|The Talk||Self / ... 11 episodes, 2014-2021|
|Watch What Happens: Live||Self / ... 9 episodes, 2011-2020|
|Bob's Burgers||Mudflap 4 episodes, 2012-2019|
|Birdgirl||1 episode, 2021|
|Hot in Cleveland||Nurse Sandy 1 episode, 2012|
|Big City Greens||Nancy Green / ... 26 episodes, 2018-2021|
|TripTank||Idlewild / ... unknown episodes|
|Reno 911!||Deputy Clementine Johnson / ... 94 episodes, 2003-2020|
|Chelsea Lately||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2007|
Wendi McLendon-Covey's Quotes
- As a performer, you can't just sit around waiting for the phone to ring. You have to write and develop projects for yourself, because casting people aren't always going to see you the way you want to be seen. Write a one-person show, shoot a short film, do plays, whatever - activity breeds activity. No one's interested in a stay-at-home actress.
- On young actresses and the pressure to be thin: "Well, first you have to ask yourself if you want to be the kind of actress who's interesting, or the kind of actress who's meant to play the pretty-but-uninteresting wife of a chubby guy on a network sitcom. If you want to play the good roles, spend more time in in college and in acting class than you do in the gym, and you'll have the career you want. Talent always wins out in the long run."
Wendi McLendon-Covey: Timeless Actress, Comedian, Writer, and Producer
Wendi McLendon-Covey has been a comedic force to be reckoned with for more than two decades. She’s known for her off-the-cuff humor on stage, her outspoken personality, and her honest portrayal of various characters she has portrayed on both the small and big screens. She’s appeared in numerous films and television shows, lending her comic talent to everything from indie dramas to blockbuster comedies. Let’s take a look at her life, career, awards, achievements, and personal life.
What Is Wendi McLendon-Covey’s Net Worth and Salary?
Wendi McLendon-Covey is an American comedian, actress, writer, and producer with a net worth of $6 million. Dubbed the ‘Queen of Improv’ by ‘TV Guide,’ McLendon-Covey is famous for her role as Beverly Goldberg on ABC’s ‘The Goldbergs’ and Clementine Johnson on the Comedy Central series ‘Reno 911!’.
Early life and education
Wendi McLendon-Covey was born Wendy Anne McLendon on October 10, 1969, in Bellflower, California. She spent most of her childhood and teenage years in the Long Beach area with her parents Carolyn and Robert, and sister Shelley. Wendi started her academic journey at DeMille Junior High and Millikan High School before going on to study at Long Beach City College and Huntington Beach’s Golden West College. She finished her education with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies and Creative Writing from California State University, Long Beach.
After completing college, Wendi worked at a hotel for several years before beginning her career in entertainment. She landed the job of her dreams when she started performing at the Los Angeles-based improv comedy troupe, The Groundlings. Wendi joined the group in the early 200s and made her way up to the main company stage in no time. She also worked as an editor for the academic journal of social work at California State University while pursuing her comedy career.
In 2001, McLendon-Covey’s acting career officially began with a minor role in the short film ‘Henry and Marvin.’ However, it was in 2003 when she received her break into mainstream entertainment as Deputy Clementine Johnson on the Comedy Central series ‘Reno 911!’. The show instantly became a hit among audiences and stayed on air until 2009. Her performance as Clementine was especially popular among fans, which earned her the nickname ‘Queen of Improv’ by TV Guide.
After gaining recognition from ‘Reno 911!,’ which also earned a Primetime Emmy nomination, Wendi continued to impress in both film and television with notable appearances in popular movies like ‘Bridesmaids’, ‘Blended,’ and ‘Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween.’ She’s starred in television shows like ‘Rules of Engagement’ and voiced characters in animated projects like ‘Big City Greens.’
She has been married to Greg Covey since 1996 and still going strong. The couple met through mutual friends when Wendi was working in a hotel. While getting to know each other, they realized they share a common passion for the arts and went on their first date to see ‘Titanic’ in theaters. They welcomed their first child Olivia in 2005.
Awards and Nominations
McLendon-Covey has been nominated for several awards throughout her career. Along with her ‘Reno 911!’ colleagues, she received the nomination for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series. Additionally, she received nominations for a Critics’ Choice Television Award, EWwy Award, and the MTV Movie Award for Best Cast.
In 2013, Wendi bought a house in the San Fernando Valley of Southern California. The house is located near Lake Balboa Park and features a swimming pool and spa.
Wendi McLendon-Covey’s contributions to comedy and entertainment have secured her place in the industry. She has remained one of the most charismatic women in Hollywood, always tackling new projects and lending her voice to various causes and issues.
Aside from her successful acting career, McLendon-Covey co-wrote and produced the film Cook Off! and served as an executive producer on Reno 911!, Reno 911!: The Hunt for QAnon, and The Goldbergs. In 202, Wendi launched the podcast ‘Generation Ripe’ with producer/fashion art director Dfernando Zaremba. Through this podcast, she talks about letting go of anxiety and uncertainty, trusting others, and taking control of our lives no matter what obstacles we might face.
Wendi McLendon-Covey is truly a talented individual who has carved out a successful career in entertainment through her incredible wit, determination, hard work, and dedication. Her exceptional acting talent combined with her ability to improvise puts her on another level than most comedians today. Wendi’s ability to capture audiences through TV series, movies, and through her podcast is awe-inspiring, and we cannot wait to see what she comes up with next.
Interesting Facts about Wendi McLendon-Covey
- She graduated from California State University Long Beach with a B.A. in Liberal Studies/Creative Writing.
- Was a member of the L.A. based Improv/Comedy Troupe "The Groundlings" from 2002-2009.
- Has been called the "Queen of Improv" by TV Guide, for her work on two unscripted shows: Reno 911! (2003) and Lovespring International (2006).
- Her character, "Deputy Clementine Johnson" from Reno 911! (2003), was a character Wendi developed at the Groundling Theater, although she wasn't originally a cop. The character of Clementine's common-law husband, Steed (they had a wedding in season 1 but were never officially married because they never got a license), was also developed at the Groundlings.
- Was a spokesperson for the charity COPS 4 Causes.
- Her favourite band is Steely Dan. Her character on Reno 911! (2003) had a tattoo on her back which once said "Steed" (a one-time boyfriend), later changed to "Steely Dan" after the relationship ended.
- In 2009, 2010, 2011 she rang in the New Year in Iraq and Kuwait, performing at small bases that rarely get any entertainment.
- Presented with the Comedic Actress award by the La Femme Film Festival in 2012.
- Winner of the Commie Award from the LA Comedy Shorts Film Festival in 2011.
- Born on the same date as Manu Bennett.