Basic Information About Joanna Garcia
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1979-08-10 (44 years old)|
|Place of birth||Tampa|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Nick Swisher - (11 December 2010 - present) (2 children)|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Joanna Garcia win?
Joanna Garcia roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|American Pie 2||Christy (as Joanna Garcia)|
|Not Another Teen Movie||Sandy Sue (as Joanna Garcia)|
|Extreme Movie||Sweetie-Pie (as Joanna Garcia)|
|Sweet Magnolias||Maddie Townsend 13 episodes, 2020-2022|
|Reba||Cheyenne Hart-Montgomery 125 episodes, 2001-2007|
|How I Met Your Mother||Maggie 1 episode, 2009|
|What I Like About You||Fiona 1 episode, 2004|
|The Mindy Project||Sally Prentice 3 episodes, 2014|
|Once Upon a Time||Ariel 7 episodes, 2013-2018|
|Freaks and Geeks||Vicki Appleby 5 episodes, 2000|
|Family Guy||Liddane 1 episode, 2005|
|Gossip Girl||Bree Buckley 4 episodes, 2009|
|Step by Step||Chelsea 1 episode, 1996|
|Are You Afraid of the Dark?||Sam 37 episodes, 1994-1996|
|Second Noah||Katherine Ortega / ... 3 episodes, 1996-1997|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2017|
|Pacific Blue||Leah Chandler 1 episode, 1999|
|Dawson's Creek||Girl #1 (Tracy) 1 episode, 1999|
|Off Centre||Ramona 1 episode, 2001|
|Pitch||Rachel Patrick 3 episodes, 2016|
|The Penguins of Madagascar||Shawna 1 episode, 2011|
|The Talk||Self - Guest Co-Host 1 episode, 2018|
|Watch What Happens: Live||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2012|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self 2 episodes, 2015-2017|
|Royal Pains||Dr. Nina Greene 4 episodes, 2012|
|Any Day Now||Martha Montgomery 2 episodes, 1998|
|The Astronaut Wives Club||Betty Grissom 10 episodes, 2015|
|Chelsea Lately||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2011|
|Conan||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2017|
|Better with You||Mia Putney 22 episodes, 2010-2011|
|Family Law||April 1 episode, 1999|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Self / ... 3 episodes, 2009-2012|
Joanna Garcia's Quotes
- I've made my share of mistakes, but had the good fortune to have them not be so public.
- I kind of live a private life. I am out a lot, I have amazing friends and see a lot, so it's not like I'm a hermit. But I just know what I do for a living and that there are certain sensitivities.
- I definitely am afraid of the dark. Somehow, in my mind I can always come up with some horrific stuff to worry about.
Joanna Garcia’s Road to Fame: A Look at Her Life and Legacy
Joanna Garcia is a popular American actress known for her outstanding acting skills and her captivating beauty. She was born in August, 1979 in Tampa, Florida, USA and started acting at the age of 10. By the time she was in high school, she had already become famous for her roles on Nickelodeon. She is married to former New York Yankees baseball player, Nick Swisher.
Net Worth Details
According to reports, Joanna Garcia has a net worth of $8 million. Most of her wealth comes from her successful acting career on television and in movies.
What is Joanna Garcia Known For?
Joanna Garcia is best known for her role in the hit TV sitcom Reba. From 2001 to 2007, she played Cheyenne Hart-Montgomery, the daughter of Reba McEntire’s character. She also played roles in several other TV series such as Gossip Girl, The Mindy Project, and Once Upon a Time, among others.
Early Life and Education
Joanna Garcia was born and raised in Tampa, Florida. She attended Tampa Catholic High School where she was popular and excelled in academics as well as extracurricular activities such as acting. During this period, she worked with the Disney Channel but prioritized her education before going back to working full time.
Garcia began her acting career with a small role in the TV series Superboy in 1992 but was discovered on Nickelodeon’s Are You Afraid of the Dark? where she played Samantha from 1994 to 1996. She then moved to Los Angeles, California, where she grew her career by featuring in Party of Five and then Freaks and Geeks. Her big break came in 2001 when she landed the role of Cheyenne Hart-Montgomery in Reba. The success of the show led to many other roles on TV and in movies.
She has since appeared in many other TV series such as Privileged, Better with You, and more recently, Animal Practice.
During her acting career spanning over two decades, Joanna Garcia has been nominated for several awards. In 2005 and 2006, she was nominated for the Alma Award in the category of Outstanding Actress in a Television Series. She was also nominated for the Teen Choice Award in the same year for her outstanding performance in Reba.
Outside of her acting career, Garcia is also heavily involved in philanthropic activities close to her heart. She is a passionate supporter of Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer and has helped raise over $500 thousand for the cause.
Joanna Garcia got married to Nick Swisher, a former New York Yankees star, in December 201. The couple has been blessed with two daughters, Emerson(Emme) Jay Swisher and Sailor Stevie Swisher. Her posts on social media provide pictures showing a happy family full of love and laughter.
Joanna Garcia is an accomplished actress who has worked tirelessly and captured the hearts of many fans across the globe. Her dedication to philanthropic activities is admirable, and she remains a beacon of inspiration to young talents across the world who are looking to follow in her footsteps.
Interesting Facts about Joanna Garcia
- Played the President's daughter in the original pilot for the TV show DAG (2000). However, the show was revamped before airing and her character was eliminated.
- Joanna is a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority.
- Was homecoming queen at Florida's Tampa Catholic High School.
- Dad Jay is a gynecologist, mom Loraine is a homemaker and brother Michael is a medical school student.
- Is of Cuban descent.
- In her spare time, she teaches junior high school students English as a second language.
- Attended Independent Day School in Tampa, a local private school.
- Was engaged to Trace Ayala [June 18, 2008 - August 2009].
- Her Reba (2001) co-stars, Reba McEntire and Melissa Peterman, were both bridesmaids at her wedding.
- Her Reba (2001) co-star, Christopher Rich, performed the ceremony at her wedding to New York Yankees outfielder Nick Swisher.
- (December 11, 2010) Married her boyfriend of 16 months Nick Swisher following a 6-month-long engagement.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 33, a daughter Emerson Jay Swisher on May 21, 2013. Child's father is her husband, Nick Swisher.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 36, a daughter named Sailor Stevie Swisher on June 28, 2016. Child's father is her husband, Nick Swisher.
- She has portrayed wives of two different Mercury astronauts: Julie Shepherd in From the Earth to the Moon (1998) and Betty Grissom in The Astronaut Wives Club (2015).