Basic Information About Michael Vartan
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1968-11-27 (55 years old)|
|Place of birth||Boulogne-Billancourt|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||2 April - Lauren Skaar ( 2011 - 2014) (divorced)|
|Height||6 ft (1.83 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Michael Vartan win?
Michael Vartan awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Teen Choice Award - Choice TV Actor - Drama/Action Adventure||Nominee||Alias||2003|
Michael Vartan roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar||Tommy|
|One Hour Photo||Will Yorkin|
|Monster-in-Law||Dr. Kevin Fields|
|Never Been Kissed||Sam Coulson|
|High School||Calculus Teacher (uncredited)|
|Friends||Dr. Tim Burke 1 episode, 1997|
|Satisfaction||Dylan 4 episodes, 2014|
|Rectify||Forrest 1 episode, 2015|
|Ally McBeal||Jonathan Bassett 2 episodes, 2000|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self 1 episode, 2003|
|Kitchen Confidential||Michel Valentine 1 episode, 2005|
|Go On||1 episode, 2012|
|The Talk||Self 2 episodes, 2014-2017|
|Hawthorne||Dr. Tom Wakefield 30 episodes, 2009-2011|
|Chelsea Lately||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2011|
|Fallen Angels||Harry Stone 1 episode, 1993|
Michael Vartan's Quotes
- The funny thing is I'm actually a Polish Jew who happens to be born in France. My mom is Polish and my dad is Bulgarian. I don't have an ounce of French blood. But I work it.
- I'm not a bling-bling guy; I can't pull it off. I just look like an idiot.
- I would rather do movies because I'm very lazy and the hours are much easier.
- I hate gold. I'm sort of a sterling-silver guy.
- I wish I were a character actor. Of course, if I played hockey without a mask, I could become one.
Michael Vartan: An Insight to the Life of a Talented Actor
Michael Vartan is a familiar name in Hollywood, known for his incredible acting skills and charming personality. He was born on November 27th, 1968, in Boulogne-Billancourt, Hauts-de-Seine, France, to a Bulgarian mother and French father. His family moved to the United States when he was five, and he grew up in Los Angeles.
Michael Vartan’s Net Worth
Michael Vartan has a successful career in the entertainment industry, with a net worth of $8 million. He worked hard to establish himself and create a name in Hollywood, which eventually paid off in the form of fame, money and success.
What is Michael Vartan Known For?
The famous French-American actor has appeared in several movies and TV shows over the years. But Michael got his breakthrough role that made him famous when he landed the part of agent Michael Vaughn on ‘Alias.’ For this role, he tied knots with Jennifer Garner in the series, which was much loved by their fans.
Early Life and Education
As a child, Michael spent most of his early life in the USA, where he graduated high school before moving back to France to complete military service (required of all French male citizens). However, instead of serving time, he moved back to the United States and pursued an acting career. He took his acting lessons from Lynette Sheldon Studios.
Michael Vartan initially began his acting career with small roles before landing a breakthrough role as Michael Vaughn on the popular TV series ‘Alias.’ He went on to receive some notable roles in a handful of movies and television shows throughout his career.
In 1998, he was set to appear in Godzilla but was replaced by Matthew Broderick. However, it didn’t stop Michael from finding success with TV shows like Law and Order and Dream Team.
Michael’s filmography includes movies such as ‘Never Been Kissed,’ ‘One Hour Photo,’ ‘Monster-In-Law,’ ‘Jolene,’ alongside talented actors such as Drew Barrymore, Robin Williams, Jennifer Lopez, and Dolly Parton. He has proved his skill in both dramas and comedies alike through these movies.
Some of Michael Vartan’s popular TV shows include appearances on Ally McBeal and Friends before embarking on the whirlwind journey with Alias. He played the character of Dr Tom Wakefield in ”Hawthorne,’ which was highly appreciated by the audience and critics alike.
Michael Vartan had a relationship with Jennifer Garner, his co-star on the hit show ‘Alias’ from 2003-2004. Michael eventually met Lauren Skaar, a real estate agent. They began dating and tied the knot in 2011 but separated three years later.
Animal Rights Activist
Aside from his acting achievements, Michael Vartan is an active animal-rights activist and has participated in PETA campaigns where he appeared with his dog. His personal beliefs on protecting animals have led him to spread awareness about animal welfare issues and support various animal-rights charities.
Michael Vartan has won several awards and nominations for his excellent performances’ throughout his acting career. He was nominated for the Teen Choice Award (2003) for Choice TV Actor in the Drama genre for his work in Alias, where he played the character Michael Vaughn. In the same year, he was nominated for the Prism Award for Performance in a Drama Series Multi-Episode Storyline. In 2005, he was awarded the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance in an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
Michael Vartan’s hard work and dedication to his craft have brought him much success and fame. He continues to fascinate fans with his skills and charm, and there is no doubt that we’re yet to see many great performances from him in the future.
Interesting Facts about Michael Vartan
- Wanted to be a professional pool player before deciding to act instead. He played pool 12 hours a day, for 5 years.
- Avid sports fan.
- Plays hockey as often as he can. This attribute has also been given to his Alias (2001) character Michael Vaughn, who plays pickup hockey occasionally with his co-worker characters.
- When the studio resisted casting an "unknown", Drew Barrymore pushed to get him cast in Never been Kissed (1999).
- Speaks French and English fluently.
- Turned down a role in Scream 3 (2000) because he wanted to take his career in a different direction.
- Nephew of Sylvie Vartan.
- Cousin of David Hallyday.
- Was engaged to Shannon Gleason (1988-1998).
- Also paints and plays guitar.
- Although born in France, he is not of French descent. Michael's father, Eddie Vartan, was born in Bulgaria. Michael's paternal grandfather, Georges Vartan, was of half Armenian and half Bulgarian ancestry (the family surname was originally "Vartanian"). Michael's paternal grandmother, Ilona (Mayer), was of Hungarian Jewish background; her father, Rudolf, was a prominent architect. Michael's mother, Doris Vartan (née Pucher), is of Polish Jewish background; she was born in Poland and later became an American citizen.
- Appeared in a television ad for the 2004 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs. He stated that he hadn't been nervous while acting in 3 years, yet he was very nervous about appearing with the Stanley Cup.
- Former nephew by marriage of Johnny Hallyday.
- Is a huge fan of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977). He said in an interview that as a child he once watched it every day for a summer and ended up memorizing the lines from the movie.
- Stepson of writer Ian La Frenais.
- Has a chocolate Labrador Retriever named Millie.
- Engaged to Lauren Skaar. They met in 2009 at a Whole Foods parking lot in Los Angeles [March 20, 2010].
- Was in a relationship with his Alias (2001) co-star, Jennifer Garner (2003-2004).
- Wrapping up filming on the final few episodes of the fourth season of Alias (2001). [March 2005]
- Co-starring on Big Shots (2007) with Dylan McDermott, Christopher Titus and Joshua Malina. [September 2007]